Now what? Singapore 2 april cruise

Jarronwood

Having learnt via these broads that our cruise has been cancelled I duly contacted my cruise consultant on what happens now. You would have thought that they would have by now contacted me to discuss but no. They were keen to make this booking and take a £600 deposit.

To say how disappointed I am is an understatement - but life goes on and its back to the drawing board. Problem is work schedules for both my husband and I is going to be so difficult to arrange as most people have booked their 2016 holidays and empty slots are few and far between.

Does anyone know if Azamara will offer anything to their disgruntled passengers.

Do I try and find another cruise with Azamara or can anyone else recommend another cruise line which is comparable to Azamara.

this has happen to you! I might suggest you take a look at Oceania...we have sailed them a number of times as well as AZ and like both the lines. They have some similar ships to AZ in size (old R ships) as well as 2 slightly larger more modern ships. Good luck and let us know what happens!! LuAnn

I have had a very quick glance at Oceania web site and am considering going over to them but will trawl the net tonight for cruises and reviews.

I am waiting for my travel consultant to get back to me after she has spoken with Azamara to see what else they can offer me at a reduced price or a comparable price.

Am I right in thinking that Azamara will not necessarily compensate the passengers for this cancelled cruise but will reduce their price on another cruise as well as give OBCs, or am I wrong in thinking this?

I have had a very quick glance at Oceania web site and am considering going over to them but will trawl the net tonight for cruises and reviews.

I am waiting for my travel consultant to get back to me after she has spoken with Azamara to see what else they can offer me at a reduced price or a comparable price.

Am I right in thinking that Azamara will not necessarily compensate the passengers for this cancelled cruise but will reduce their price on another cruise as well as give OBCs, or am I wrong in thinking this?

I also look forward to hearing from out TA. We are not too pleased with Azamara at this moment, to say the least. Triona

You might also look at Celebrity cruises. They have a lot of ships in the Europe/Asia market and you might find the perfect cruise. Also, since they are part of the parent company RCCL, you'll probably have an easier time moving your cruise to them. Celebrity's ships are beautiful and even though they hold more passengers, I have never really felt crowded on them.

Garry

We had an Azamara cruise to The Canary Islands cancelled in 2013....again due to an extended dry dock. We were offered to rebook any cruise at the same preferential rate.....which worked out VERY well for us because we had a longer cruise with a much better itinerary and they gave us $1000 OBC. :)

We went to The Spa, enjoyed lots of nice wine, went to the Speciality restaurants and I bought a new camera and some jewellery. It was definitely a win - win situation for us.

I also look forward to hearing from out TA. We are not too pleased with Azamara at this moment, to say the least. Triona

HI Triona

No not too pleased at all. Still waiting for my travel consultant to get back to me - she said she would contact Azamara and let me know but having read the post above, and if we can book any cruise with Azamara at the same price plus get OBC we could be persuaded to look for something else with Azamara. Problem is time off from work.

Keep in touch though as it would be interesting to see what each of our own travel consultants have to say to us......

Watch this space.

We had an Azamara cruise to The Canary Islands cancelled in 2013....again due to an extended dry dock. We were offered to rebook any cruise at the same preferential rate.....which worked out VERY well for us because we had a longer cruise with a much better itinerary and they gave us $1000 OBC. :)

We went to The Spa, enjoyed lots of nice wine, went to the Speciality restaurants and I bought a new camera and some jewellery. It was definitely a win - win situation for us.

Hi Lottie

What is meant by the same preferential rate? Just that I have been looking for a comparable cruise to the Far East and come up with one but it is an extra 3 days which is fine but also more money that our Singapore one. Did you have to pay any extra money for your longer cruise? And did you still receive the same time of cabin as previously booked?

You might also look at Celebrity cruises. They have a lot of ships in the Europe/Asia market and you might find the perfect cruise. Also, since they are part of the parent company RCCL, you'll probably have an easier time moving your cruise to them. Celebrity's ships are beautiful and even though they hold more passengers, I have never really felt crowded on them.

Garry

We have cruised with Celebrity (Panama Canal) and enjoyed the ship very much, however we chose the Azamara one because of the product they offer. The ship itself ticked all the right boxes for us. It is just such a shame because we trawled lots and lots of cruises and ships until we narrowed it down to the April 2 one Far East. I have been looking at similar cruises to the Far East and have come up with one but it is more expensive and really out of our budget.

Having learnt via these broads that our cruise has been cancelled I duly contacted my cruise consultant on what happens now. You would have thought that they would have by now contacted me to discuss but no. They were keen to make this booking and take a £600 deposit.

To say how disappointed I am is an understatement - but life goes on and its back to the drawing board. Problem is work schedules for both my husband and I is going to be so difficult to arrange as most people have booked their 2016 holidays and empty slots are few and far between.

Does anyone know if Azamara will offer anything to their disgruntled passengers.

Do I try and find another cruise with Azamara or can anyone else recommend another cruise line which is comparable to Azamara.

Hi Jarronwood,

It's extremely disappointing when your cruise is cancelled. I've been there myself - so I totally understand your frustration... and for everyone booked on the Quest sailing. Great question on whether Azamara will be offering compensation, and if so, how much will be offered. Perhaps Bonnie will chime in with additional information.

While I know the compensation (if any) wont make up for the disappointment of the cancelled voyage, I hope it will afford you the opportunity to sail with Azamara in the future.

All the best to you, and everyone on the cancelled sailing. Please let us know the outcome, and good luck.

Edited by Host Andy