Best Tours in Barbados

otto2

Lots to do when you enjoy beaches and water sports. Taking a catamaran to swim with the sea turtles is quite nice. :)

For those who do not enjoy water activities Harrison's Caves is a popular place to go. Very interesting and will not disappoint. ;)

LuLu

Will be on a royal Caribbean cruise with one day in Bridgetown - suggestions for a day tour?

We just got back on Saturday and did a Catamaran sailing with Cool Runnings. It was awesome! The crew was very friendly and helpful. The catamaran was in excellent condition and the most they will take for a tour is 40 people so you don't feel like it's overcrowded. We saw the catamaran for the ship tour and it was sooo crowded!

The excursion included being picked up at the pier, swimming with the sea turtles, snorkeling over a shipwreck and coral reef (suggestion take a couple of boxes of cereal from the ship to feed the fish - they were actually eating it out of our hands), then they served a delicious lunch on board with a swimming stop. They had an unlimited bar of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.

This was so worth the $90/person. I highly recommend them :)

Will be on a royal Caribbean cruise with one day in Bridgetown - suggestions for a day tour?

I can't say enough about the great time I had on Calabazza with Gina and her crew. I loved it so much that I booked out the whole catamaran for a group I'm sailing with in November 2015, over one year out.

Definately worth checking into. Highly, Highly recommended

If you would like a Island tour and then some beach time we highly recommend "James taxi and tours" You get to see the whole Island, feed the monkeys plus he will do what ever you like. We have used him 3 times and will use him again. (246-260-4889) happiestbond@hotmail.com

:):):)

These 3 excursions sound like fun, but nobody posted their websites.

Can you provide a web address so I can decide on which one I would like to book?

Thank you!

unfortunately we aren't able to post websites. Google each one and I'm sure you'll be able to find the information you are looking for.

2 of our group of 4 are non-swimmers, so snorkeling isn't an option. One of our group is claustrophobic, so I'm thinking Harrison Caves isn't an option either.

If we took an island tour - what kind of things are to be seen? Is it just houses, beaches and such? anything really not to be missed interesting? Otherwise, we're thinking maybe just going to the Boatyard and hanging on the beach.

Thanks for info!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Calabaza sailing cruises. Can't recommend them highly enough. Only 12 on the catamaran for the day plus three or four crew. Fabulous day!

I was on there website and did not see any rates. Would you mind sharing the cost.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I was on there website and did not see any rates. Would you mind sharing the cost.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

I want to say it was $110 for adults and $90 for each child. However, after the exchange rate, it ended up being less that was actually charged. I will double check and repost if those numbers are wrong.

• 7 months later...

The tour of the Concord airplane was fantastic. You also get a ride in the bus to see some of the island and a stop at a local bar with open patio for a cool drink and use of restrooms.

The plane is in a huge air-conditioned hanger ready to fly, only needs fuel. They show you a video of the plane, very interesting then you go up 28 steps, (I have difficulty with steps but these were spaced perfect, just took my time). You go into the rear of the plane and then walk forward and have a seat where another video is shown. They have mock food, covered the bathroom and cockpit with plastic so you can see what they look like and then you exit from the front door of the plane.

It was one of the best tours we have ever taken on a cruise, highly recommended. Check out the gift shop, Concord pilots shirts for $5 and they are very nice, wash great, hubby loves wearing then and getting questions about it.

If you would like a Island tour and then some beach time we highly recommend "James taxi and tours" You get to see the whole Island, feed the monkeys plus he will do what ever you like. We have used him 3 times and will use him again. (246-260-4889) happiestbond@hotmail.com

:):):)

What is his rates? There are only 2 of us. How many hours was your tour? Thank you.

• 1 month later...
Sail calabaza is great and the best

If booked, try silver moon

We've been on Silvermoon twice and can't imagine anything better! Can you share what is "better" on Calabaza? It sounds like you're a fan of both so a comparison would be helpful. TIA

Edited by QuitMyDayJob

• 1 month later...

Just revisited the newly revised Glory Tours website (just Google) even just to get ideas, and then maybe a visit to Trip Advisor for pictures and personal reactions. One nice thing about this tour company is that you pay/person and they put together groups from a variety of sources (last year we were with folks from Europe staying in hotels and we visited some locations together and sometimes went to different locations. Will consider using them again (would be third time) and have had no complaints (for me, that's unusual!).

DJ:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We've been on Silvermoon twice and can't imagine anything better! Can you share what is "better" on Calabaza? It sounds like you're a fan of both so a comparison would be helpful. TIA

I have the same question. I'm trying to decide whether to book Calabaza or Silvermoon. Comparisons would be helpful. Also, is one better than the other if you don't drink alcoholic beverages?

"better" is subjective. Both are great. The Kat-Crews communicate with each other so that there are nota hundred People at one snorkel-spot. The Entertainment with Silvermoon and Calabaza will be about the same. A Little Reggae musik from the pa. Nothing loud. Both take only 12 persons. Food with both of them great - Bajan/International. Drinks - everything from Alcohol to non-alcohol to Juices. No Problem. Both have swim-help - noodles, wests - no Problem. Both Crews are helpful with non-swimmers and swimmers alike.

Just revisited the newly revised Glory Tours website (just Google) even just to get ideas, and then maybe a visit to Trip Advisor for pictures and personal reactions. One nice thing about this tour company is that you pay/person and they put together groups from a variety of sources (last year we were with folks from Europe staying in hotels and we visited some locations together and sometimes went to different locations. Will consider using them again (would be third time) and have had no complaints (for me, that's unusual!).

DJ:)

I looked at them, a few others that have been recommended. They seem a little expensive for a 3-4 tour. Is that the norm for Barbados? We're looking to see a few sights, a beach for the view, not to swim/snorkel, then a nice lunch before heading back to the ship.

Following this for other suggestions, thanks.

BTW this is my 1st CC post. had to delurk, join.. all this info is so helpful. :-)