Coco Cay Cabanas

We will be headed to CocoCay in 3 weeks. Is it possible to rent the cabanas, even though we are not in a suite? What are the other "shade" options?

There is shade under many trees. They used to rent umbrellas, but not sure if they still do that.

If you want a cabana, go to the Shore Excursion desk as soon as you board and put yourself on a wait list. If the suite guests do not rent all the cabanas you have a shot.

We have never been to Coco Cay. We do get a cabana on Labadee and were hoping Coco Cay was a similar situation where you can take your swim mats straight from the cabana to the water. Sounds like that is not the same here. What is the best way to enjoy Coco Cay? Is there a map similar to the one for Labadee?

We have never been to Coco Cay. We do get a cabana on Labadee and were hoping Coco Cay was a similar situation where you can take your swim mats straight from the cabana to the water. Sounds like that is not the same here. What is the best way to enjoy Coco Cay? Is there a map similar to the one for Labadee?

You can still take your swim mats to the water, it's just a longer walk.

Cabanas are at #31, nearest beach is Snorkel Beach.

2-6-20143-24-29PM.jpg

Edited by clarea

Having just been there I hope warmer weather for you. I can tell you that we found it very cool and windy while on the island. Not many people swimming. No one floating on mats the water is not warm enough to just lay in it right now. People renting wet suits lasted longer in the water. Shade was not something I looked for because it was cold in the shade. We were looking for sunny spots and I wore a wind breaker the majority of the time we were on the island.

Yes u can! We did on our last cruise. We boarded early, as soon as we were allowed so we got to the pier at around 10 am.. We boarded Aaround 1030 and went straight to the Pursers desk and put our name on a list for a cabana. Then they ask you to return to the Pursers desk at 4:45 sharp and they yell out names and cabin numbers.. You literally have 2 secs to respond, if not they move to the next person. We got a cabana and got to the pursaers at 430 to be safe! Good luck and we loved having the cabana.. I def think it was worth it...

We will be headed to CocoCay in 3 weeks. Is it possible to rent the cabanas, even though we are not in a suite? What are the other "shade" options?

As others said, it's definitely possible. As soon as you can you should visit the excursions desk and put your name on the list. We ended up somewhere around #7 or 8 on the list. We were told to come back at 8:30 PM that first night when they made the final reservations, and it all worked out.

We got Cabana #3 which is in the front row on the corner, so a pretty private spot, cost about $250.

We have one reserved through the Concierge for our upcoming Freedom visit in 3 weeks. Last time we were there they did not assign numbers. I got off the first tender and made a beeline to the cabanas. There was no one checking anyone in, so folks just took there stuff to whichever ones looked empty. The first two were occupied, so I grabbed number 3 near the tower. I like 3 and 4 better than 1 and 2, because people not in the cabanas tend to walk right up to 1 and 2 and stare for a while. Not very private. :eek:

Anyway, does anyone know if they now assign them in advance like they do in Barefoot Beach?

Edited by John&LaLa

Some cruises they have plenty of empty cabanas - just depends on the crowd on the ship that sailing. To me and my friends, the big perk of that area is that you have your own bar area and the lunch is really really upgraded from the regular Cococay lunch. Steak cooked to order, shrimp, etc. The cabanas further from the entrance to that area are more private, since no one goes down that way unless they have a cabana.

But if you don't want to spend the money on the cabana (or if there are none available) there are lots of shady places on the beaches, and you can also rent the "cabinettes" - the loungers with the pull over top to shade you. They are more out of the way.

Edited by MattInFLL

Having just been there I hope warmer weather for you. I can tell you that we found it very cool and windy while on the island. Not many people swimming. No one floating on mats the water is not warm enough to just lay in it right now. People renting wet suits lasted longer in the water. Shade was not something I looked for because it was cold in the shade. We were looking for sunny spots and I wore a wind breaker the majority of the time we were on the island.

You're not kidding! I took the water temperature while on the island this past Thursday. 72 degrees. Too cold to swim for me.

You're not kidding! I took the water temperature while on the island this past Thursday. 72 degrees. Too cold to swim for me.

Yup I was there Thursday. Front of the island the wind was BAD. Went around back by south beach and it was much better. My husband still managed a sun burn though lol

Try the cabana-ettes. They run $50.00. They are big enough for two people, come with loungers, water, and tray of fruit. We love them.

We were able to book a cabana on-line prior to our cruise on the Celebrity Constellation, but it was a whole ship charter, so that may be different than 'normal' (as was everything else on our trip!)

We were assigned cabana #10 and we were glad we had it! The wind was really blowing and the temperature was about 75 degrees, so it wasn't a perfect beach day! I only saw 3 people in the water the whole day we were on Coco Cay!

The upgraded lunch was wonderful! Steak, Chicken, Shrimp and Salmon, and yummy salads and great cupcakes, cookies etc for dessert.