Arriving FLL at 5am. Cruise leaves from Miami.

KruiseT

We've got a red eye flight from San Diego to FLL that arrives at 5am. We plan to board our ship in Miami at around 11am. ( wishful thinking ;)

Does anyone have any ideas about what to do with the 6 hours before we board? We've thought of taking an Uber to a restaurant for breakfast but we'll have our luggage. Then we'd have to take another Uber to the ship. Renting a car might use up the money we saved by taking the red eye!.

Thoughts?

You could get a hotel for the 6 hours or rent a car and go to a restaurant. Last time we did this we rented a car, found a place to eat and then the boys slept in the car for a little bit.

I was raring to go so i read and relaxed. Then dropped off the car and went to the ship. I can't remember the price of the car but it was not that expensive at all, less than $40 i think. Worked for us.

How about taking a hotel shuttle to one of the nearby hotel which has nice restaurant that provides breakfast? After breakfast, you can take their shuttle back to the airport, or order cab to the cruise terminal directly. Whatever works for you is fine. Just relax a bit at the hotel lobby.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you don't plan on renting a car, and do want to arrive at the port early..... I would Uber to a hotel in Miami beach, have my bags held and enjoy breakfast. Then I'd rest by the pool or quiet corner or stroll the area before heading to the ship. IAfter a red eye, I wouldn't look for much more. But I'm not a morning person, even at home.:D

I would reserve a budget hotel near FLL and let them know that you will not check in until about 5:30-6:00. Ask for a delayed check out - then grab a nap, shower, maybe a dip in the pool and finally an Uber (about $40+) to POM about 1:00

Sitting around the airport or some place for breakfast for 5-6 hours after a red-eye sounds like a horrible way to start your cruise. :(

Take a tour on the water taxi

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

OP lands in Fort Lauderdale at 5:00 am. The water taxi does not start service until 10:00 am. They are cruising out of Miami, not Fort Lauderdale.

Edited by brunello22

Thanks! Do you have any ideas about which Miami hotels have restaurants that offer breakfast? ...or that would allow us to relax in their lobby or by the pool?

Edited by KruiseT

Thanks! Do you have any ideas about which Miami hotels have restaurants that offer breakfast? ...or that would allow us to relax in their lobby or by the pool?

Your first post indicated you were flying into FLL, but now you are asking about Miami Hotels? :confused:

A budget motel near FLL good for 5-6 hours an often suggested on this board is the Roadway Inn. If you are flying into MIA then a similar budget motel for a short stay would be the La Quinta East.

For hotels near FLL that offer free shuttles check http://www.sunny.org Look for higher end hotels (Hilton, etc.) offering breakfast and a nice lobby.

Blue Herons recently suggested a $25 pool/spa pass at the Savoy in South Beach to another poster. You could Uber there from FLL (about $40), spend 5-6 hours and enjoy breakfast and a few mimosas before heading to POM.

Good luck! :)

Try priceline for a low price one day rental of a car. there is a drop off right next to the terminal. Last cruise I did, was able to rent a car one way and drop it off at the pier for $22 after taxes.

Worth a try