Booking a Retreat for Norway cruise?

trickiedick

We were on the K in Norway in early June and no one rented a cabana. I wondered whether they were even available for rent, but they were set up somewhat. We took the time to explore the area as we are thinking of renting a retreat cabana on our next cruise.

I think having a port intensive cruise has a lot to do with it, as well as the weather, of course.

Thanks...I thought maybe they would be a nice spot to view fjords,etc during scenic cruising...

Since u have done some Norway cruise, would love to hear any "must-dos" or "must-sees". I haven done a lot of research but have always wanted to do a Norway cruise so I booked it! :D:D

Much as I love the Retreat we didn't book it for our Norway cruise, and it was the right decision for us, it was too cold to be sitting out in the open for long. I didn't notice anyone out there at all. Instead we went for the thermal suite, which was great for the cool sea days.

• 2 weeks later...

Off the Koningsdam today and I loved having the Retreat Cabana

I was the only person up there! So had the entire retreat to myself...luckily we had amazing weather and calm seas so I lived up there!

Actually could sunbathe it was so sunny in some ports!

My gamble paid off but definitely if the weather was the other way I would never have used it, cause when it was chilly it was chilly!

Loved Norway and Enjoyed MS Koningsdam!:cool::cool::cool:

We were on the K in Norway in early June and no one rented a cabana. I wondered whether they were even available for rent, but they were set up somewhat. We took the time to explore the area as we are thinking of renting a retreat cabana on our next cruise.

I think having a port intensive cruise has a lot to do with it, as well as the weather, of course.

Same for us on the Zuiderdam just a week ago. No one was renting the cabanas. Our fjord cruise had eleven straight port days, and only one sea day, the day before we disembarked in Copenhagen. On our sailing, we had very few warm AND sunny days. Not a lot of rain, but windy, cool-to-cold, and frequently cloudy.