9:55 Flight from Amsterdam

chicotam

We have a chance to visit our English friends in Liverpool after our cruise. We dock at 6:00am on a Sat. In Early May. We will self disembark, and if it makes it more doable take a taxi to the airport. If you think the train will be ok, please let me know that too. Do you think we can make this flight? We will check in the night before and just do bag drop at the airport. Thanks for your help.

Do you think we can make this flight?
I saw your other thread on this (9:55 am flight) and thought that your idea was a bit optimistic, particularly given that it's an international flight and you will therefore have to clear outbound immigration at Amsterdam as well as security. Even with self-disembarkation, it's conceivable that you wouldn't be off the ship until 8 am. What if it then takes you 15 minutes to get into a taxi, 30 minutes to get to the airport and 10 minutes to find the easyJet bag drop desk? Depending on the exact bag drop closing time, it's not leaving you with a huge amount of margin. And it certainly leaves you no room for a delay in your ship's arrival. So it seems to me like one of those "it'll be fine if it all goes OK on the day" situations.

I saw your other thread on this (9:55 am flight) and thought that your idea was a bit optimistic, particularly given that it's an international flight and you will therefore have to clear outbound immigration at Amsterdam as well as security. Even with self-disembarkation, it's conceivable that you wouldn't be off the ship until 8 am. What if it then takes you 15 minutes to get into a taxi, 30 minutes to get to the airport and 10 minutes to find the easyJet bag drop desk? Depending on the exact bag drop closing time, it's not leaving you with a huge amount of margin. And it certainly leaves you no room for a delay in your ship's arrival. So it seems to me like one of those "it'll be fine if it all goes OK on the day" situations.

As mentioned above. It depends what time you really can disembark the ship. Any earlier then e.g. 8 a.m. makes it more doable.

Cut off time for Easyjet drop off on Schiphol is 40 minutes.

Flight will be from the H and M concourse (one concourse, dividing non Schengen and Schengen). A small lounge with less facilities and geared towards the budget airlines. Your gate number will be called 40 minutes in advance.

IF you can make it by the airport before 8.45am at most you will be fine, like Ine said. Would go for a taxi, will take a minute or 20 and direct him to the near end of the Departures 3 terminal drop off lane. One minute walk to the check in from there and another minute to the lounge/passport control.

..as this is the only Liverpool flight on saturdays you don't have a lot of options too.

There's an Eindhoven - Dublin - Dublin Liverpool Ryanair combo, taking off around 11.00am but that's also a 1½h drive from Amsterdam and not as cheap as Easyjet.

Considering the low prices for the AMS Easyjet flight I would sure take the chance. :)