Posted Itinerary Times - Oasis

Lolaash

We will be traveling to Cozumel on the Oasis during the last week of October. Cozumel changes to Central Standard Time on October 26. Florida (the originating port) doesn’t change to Eastern Standard Time until the following weekend. For that week there will be a two hour difference in ship time vs. local time. My question is - are the itinerary times posted by Royal Caribbean local times or ship times? Itinerary says 8am – 7pm. Trying to plan excursions and this will make a big difference.

It's ship time

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

This answer is correct, but incomplete. I've been to Cozumel where the ship didn't change its time and your right, its ships time. I've been there on another ship where they did change ships time on the sea day before, so technically it was still ships time. Now you have the added seasonal time change. There may be several other answers that may have been correct at one time, but things change. This is one particular place the Cruise Director's morning show, or the evening one is really helpful. They almost always explain this over and over again. So even if you never turn on the TV on a cruise this is one good time to do so. Then get a good seat on our balcony or on the rail of upper decks to watch the late returners and "cheer" them on.

last.jpg

As mentioned this is a tough one to answer as it is not always the same.

For the most part Oasis/Allure stay on Fort Lauderdale time for the entire cruise, so ship time is eastern time. If this is truly the case for your cruise then yes Cozumel will be 2 hours different. The issue is this can change from cruise to cruise, it doesn't a lot but it can. You will not know 100% for sure until you are on the ship.

If you are looking to booking through an independent company in Cozumel, let them know what your itinerary states, however if they are any good at all they will know when your ship is scheduled to dock. Just ensure when you are communicating with them you are very specific to note ship time vs. local time. Don't worry it will all work out these vendors are used to this and would be out of business if they gave misinformation.

If you are booking a ship tour, no worries at all since they definitely go by ship time.

Bottom line in all of this, when you disembark make sure your watch is set to ship time and you know when it is scheduled to leave by that time. Be careful of cell phones as they can change to the local time. A good ole watch is the best in these circumstances.

Thanks for the information. We don't want to be that person that is running! :eek:

Me either ive seen alot of videos on you tube of people running and someone else video taping them missing the ship. I know ive been on my balcony before we heard people yelling at people to hurry up and get on the ship :D

Me either ive seen alot of videos on you tube of people running and someone else video taping them missing the ship. I know ive been on my balcony before we heard people yelling at people to hurry up and get on the ship :D

Even the crew gets in on the fun. On Navigator in 2009 our starboard side was facing the pier. On the other side of the pier was another Royal ship (which one escapes me now). Both ships had people yelling at the stragglers. Some people were coming back 50 minutes after all-aboard time thinking they had 10 minutes to spare and were stopping and chatting, taking photos so the crew would lift up the gangway to get to start running.

Thanks all. This is the first time I'm using a local excursion and my DH is a little worried about missing the ship. The 4 hour excursion is scheduled for 10am local time, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's ok!

Even the crew gets in on the fun. On Navigator in 2009 our starboard side was facing the pier. On the other side of the pier was another Royal ship (which one escapes me now). Both ships had people yelling at the stragglers. Some people were coming back 50 minutes after all-aboard time thinking they had 10 minutes to spare and were stopping and chatting, taking photos so the crew would lift up the gangway to get to start running.

That is funny. I understand about the excursions being late sometimes, but I dislike the people who take their time because they think its all about them :rolleyes:

That is why i like doing all my excursions first thing in the morning or early afternoon, give me some wiggle room incase something goes wrong. I dont want to be one of them people

Here's how to avoid being a "runner"...you set your watch to whatever time the ship's clocks are set to BEFORE you leave the ship in the morning. Ship's time is the ONLY time that matters! Do NOT use your cell phone, it will show local time! Bring a watch!