Does PandO have partially adapted cabins?

Slugsta

Hi all,

I posred this question on the 'disability' part of the forum and got more general replies (of course) but am particularly interested in PandO.

I have a mobility problem that requires some use of a wheelchair, but I am not totally reliant on it. On our last cruise hubby and I were waltzing around the chair the whole time (even with the table removed) as there was nowhere to store it in the cabin. In addition, it would have been very helpful to have electronic door opening as I really struggled to get back into the cabin when I was on my own.

I don't need a fully adapted cabin and would be reluctant to book one in case I was depriving someone who does need it - but I do need that bit extra as described. I know some lines have some 'partially' adapted cabins but cannot get any sense from a search of the PandO site.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions :)

What you are asking for does not exist all adapted cabins are full on. I have the same problem as I am a scooter user. I have to book a suite or mini suite.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi all,

I posred this question on the 'disability' part of the forum and got more general replies (of course) but am particularly interested in PandO.

I have a mobility problem that requires some use of a wheelchair, but I am not totally reliant on it. On our last cruise hubby and I were waltzing around the chair the whole time (even with the table removed) as there was nowhere to store it in the cabin. In addition, it would have been very helpful to have electronic door opening as I really struggled to get back into the cabin when I was on my own.

I don't need a fully adapted cabin and would be reluctant to book one in case I was depriving someone who does need it - but I do need that bit extra as described. I know some lines have some 'partially' adapted cabins but cannot get any sense from a search of the PandO site.

Thanks for any comments or suggestions :)

Actually Arcadia does have "partially adapted " cabins...see this article...

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/difference_adapted

Hope that is helpful..

Thank you all for your comments - I will have a look at the link given.

I saw adapted cabins with electronic card entry on Oriana this year and assumed that the newer ships would have them too! :(

My children had an adapted cabin on Britannia (not because they needed one but because it was what we were allocated) and I can confirm that the doors are not automatic. This was an inside cabin and was very spacious. They had the beds set up as twins and there was 8-10 feet of space between the end of the bed and the dressing table/wardrobe, also a large area between the wardrobe and the back of the door where you would be able to park a wheelchair out of the way. The bathroom was massive too, but very poor in terms of shelf/cupboard space to store toiletries. I understand the sink not being enclosed so you could get a wheelchair up to it, but there were no shelves or storage space nearby, likewise nothing in the walk-in shower. In fact apart from the extra space and rails in the bathroom, I thought there was very little in the way of "adaptation" at all.