Capt Tonys Saloon. Haunted History?

Ahall2015

While researching Key West came across this place with an interesting history. There is a tree in the building that used to be used for hangings and per their website during renovations skeletons were found underneath the floor boards. I am always up for going to places with cool haunted histories so was wondering if anyone has been here before.

http://www.capttonyssaloon.com/

The bar is dark and a real hole-in-the wall, but the history is pretty cool. The skeletal remains found were from when the building was a morgue and a hurricane destroyed the island, scattering the bodies. Ref the hanging tree, a woman named "Lady in Blue" still supposedly haunts the building. I've never seen her though. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It's one of our favorite places to hang out. A little dirty and definitely dark, but FULL of character. Try and throw a quarter into the groupers mouth on the front of the bar. After spending a few hours at Capt. Tony's we think we've seen the Lady in Blue a few times......I think it was the tequila talking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We always spend time at Capt. Tony's when in Key West. Usually there's good, live music and excellent drinks. It is DEFINITELY a "hole in the wall" (bras and dollar bills serve as decorations), but we have lots of fun there!