Hemingway house within walking distance?

IPlayWithString

We're already looking at cruises for this summer and the one I've got my eye on stops in Key West. The ship (CCL) offers a 3 hr walking tour of Key West with a stop at the Hemingway house and Sloppy Joe's which would be fine if it were just me. But since DH and DS will be with me, I don't think I could convince either one of them to do a three hour walking tour of ANYWHERE. Especially when at the end the only thing to see/do is (again..FOR THEM) a boring old house.

Is the Hemingway house within walking distance of where CCL would port? I think if it were a shortish distance away I could convince them to take a tour with me as long as we did something more to their liking afterwards. I'm a HUGE book nerd and visiting the Hemingway house in Key West is on my bucket list.

There's an approximate two mile walking tour called Follow in Papa's Footsteps here ---> https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34345-i53-k2362340-Follow_in_Papa_s_footsteps_a_2_mile_Hemingway_hike-Key_West_Florida_Keys_Florida.html

Takes you to several of the places he frequented in Key West including the house. And there's some question about getting into the Casa Antigua now that Pelican Poop has closed.

Pjk

I will def check, because this is kind of a big thing for me if we end up going on this cruise (it's not 100% certain yet).

DH knows that sometimes there is just stuff he and DS MUST put up with because they love me.:p It's what comes of having a huge book nerd and history lover for a wife/mom.

• 2 weeks later...