radiance or serenade aft 1600 OS Any pic's

leela8

If you go to the Royal Carribean discussion board, and do a search for "1600 Serenade" or "1600 Radiance", you will get a lot of hits talking about the suite...which is a Grand Suite, not an Owner's.

We were on the Radiance last week. I snuck into 1600 after the passengers left to check it out. We were a couple of cabins away on the aft.

I thought the cabin was very nice. The bath was roomy with a tub. I didn't go into the walk in closet. There is a foyer from the entry which is on the starboard side and the bath and closet are on that wall. The bed was on the starboard wall so it would be a very quiet cabin to sleep in. We never heard any night noises from the Windjammer overhead.

The one thing I did not like about the cabin was the balcony. It was very open with little cover. We had far more roofing in 1604.

We have been in a royal suite on another ship and I would not turn 1600 down if it was an upgrade but I would never book it outright. Needless to say I am a balcony person.

If 1100 is available it's a super cabin. We had friends in it and although it is a lower class [and smaller] cabin I liked it better.

• 5 years later...

1060 is larger and more conveniently located. It has a standard balcony...not as deep as 1600, but unless you're having a party out there, you'll have ample space! 1060 is steps from elevator/stairway foyer...very convenient! When you see the length of the hallways, you'll understand the "convenience" factor!!!

Archived