could use some help

mighty13

Hey all, looking to go on my 3rd cruise and not sure which to go with. I could really use your help because I am looking to splurge and really wanted to know what would be best. Here are my options.

7 night Baltic cruise on RCL Serenade of the Seas

1 - owners suite for 4 people

2 - JR suites for 2 people each

2 Grand suites for 2 people each

9 night Baltic cruise with NCL STAR

1 - two bedroom for 4 people

1 - deluxe owners for 4 people

2 - mini suites for 2 people each

I have only been on Carnival, but I did enjoy it because it was affordable and a lot of fun. This time I would like to tone down the 'party' theme and just enjoy some luxuries that Carnival does not offer. Both cruises hit the same ports(with a few exclusions and/or additions) so what I am looking for is which ship is better, which rooms are better, which ship has better suite amenities, are the suite amenities worth the extra cost and having to fits 4 people into 1 stateroom, is it a hassle to have 4 adults in the same stateroom?

A little about us it will be myself, DW, and FIL and MIL(in early 60s). When cruising we like to drink and have a good time, not 'party' but we can throw down some drinks and sit and have a conversation. Not big into dancing or club things. We are a bunch of food snobs so the better food would go a long way in deciding. The issue is not really price, it is if the room/ amenities are worth it. Thanks in advance, you guys are always awesome.

Hey all, looking to go on my 3rd cruise and not sure which to go with. I could really use your help because I am looking to splurge and really wanted to know what would be best. Here are my options.

7 night Baltic cruise on RCL Serenade of the Seas

1 - owners suite for 4 people

2 - JR suites for 2 people each

2 Grand suites for 2 people each

9 night Baltic cruise with NCL STAR

1 - two bedroom for 4 people

1 - deluxe owners for 4 people

2 - mini suites for 2 people each

I have only been on Carnival, but I did enjoy it because it was affordable and a lot of fun. This time I would like to tone down the 'party' theme and just enjoy some luxuries that Carnival does not offer. Both cruises hit the same ports(with a few exclusions and/or additions) so what I am looking for is which ship is better, which rooms are better, which ship has better suite amenities, are the suite amenities worth the extra cost and having to fits 4 people into 1 stateroom, is it a hassle to have 4 adults in the same stateroom?

A little about us it will be myself, DW, and FIL and MIL(in early 60s). When cruising we like to drink and have a good time, not 'party' but we can throw down some drinks and sit and have a conversation. Not big into dancing or club things. We are a bunch of food snobs so the better food would go a long way in deciding. The issue is not really price, it is if the room/ amenities are worth it. Thanks in advance, you guys are always awesome.

I would suggest 2 GS.. on RCI Serenade...great ship, cabin and suite perk amenities...Sorry but not a fan of NCL...regardless if it's two more cruise nights..I would spend additional time pre-cruise in Copenhagen.

However if I was going to go (and I have)..I would do the 12 nights Brilliance (I did the Jewel but in a JS) out of Harwich and spend my post or pre cruise days (if possible) in London. This is an amazing itinerary and gives you two days in SPG. Consider this carefully a possible once in a lifetime trip...Get as much as possible from the trip.

Enjoy whatever works out for all of you.

I am not familiar with either of those ships, but not all suites for 4 have two bathrooms, or separate bedrooms. some have the 3/4 people sharing a foldout couch. I would make my arrangements on two bathrooms, and noone having to share a bed (unless they want to). EM

NCL's suite perks are the best at sea. I would NEVER, EVER put 2 couples (4 adults) in the same room...suite or not. Separate cabins....privacy is IMPORTANT! Suites, while spacious, are NOT private. No hanky-panky with 4 adults in one space!

Edited by cb at sea

• 4 weeks later...