AMA cares

DRPETE24

I was contacted by Rudi Schreiner, the President of AMA waterways re our unpleasant food experience on the Amalyra(see previous post). As expected, the food ratings for our week were the lowest he has ever seen on any of his ships. He is very concerned and vows to fix the situation. I think he is very sincere and really cares about the passengers. I am confident this will not happen again. It means a lot to me that he would take the time to personally discuss all the problems.

Just the opposite of my Gate 1 experience. The CEO went to great lengths to 'beg the question'. Neither he nor his VP of 'Customer Relations' were of any help with an awful experience.

Great for AMA !!!

two years ago on our first river cruise - Legendary Danube - Rudy showed up onboard for a few days for an inspection. He was very amicable and talked to everyone and one got the feeling that he sincerely cared for everyone's well beeing and having a good time. I am glad to hear that this did not change. Bravo AMA !

I am new to river cruising and have a difficult time choosing the right itinerary, even though I have already selected the cruise company, AMA. I had called the central AMA office in CA and asked to speak with Rudi, he spoke with me for about half an hour, going over pros and cons of the the itineraries I questioned and guided me to the one which would be most enjoyable for me. I think very highly of this fact. Not too often you get a chance to speak with a President of any company. This means to me that customer service is top notch and that AMA really cares. Thanks again!!!

I have heard in the past that Rudi takes a real personal approach to the management of AMA. I am glad he contacted you.G

Compare that to Scenic.

no comparison I'm afraid ... I'm starting to wonder if Glen Moroney even exists. Perhaps he's hiding under a rock!:rolleyes:

I have heard in the past that Rudi takes a real personal approach to the management of AMA. I am glad he contacted you.

Compare that to Scenic.

I sent a letter to AMA after my Russian trip with some disappointments (food being one, another was not re-arranging their schedule so that visiting Red Square when it was open was possible when other cruise lines did, etc....). I did not receive any letters back even acknowledging my letter.

I happen to be on cruise critic after a long absence and I really miss reading and responding to all the terrific information.

I will give our experience on the Amadeus I think the ship was the Amalegro(Blue Danube itinerary) It was two years ago. Loved the ship, the Danube was everything and more a wonderful trip. We won't return on this line due to the fact the food experience was so disappointing.. I booked this cruise hoping that the food was going to be at least a three star catagory... Well naught!! Our entire table complained to the chef and we all wrote letters when we returned. Their response was, our expectations were too high. AMA also stated they had very positive responses for that particular cruise. We are not foodies and complainers and after their response we decided never to travel on AMA again..:(

I happen to be on cruise critic after a long absence and I really miss reading and responding to all the terrific information.

I will give our experience on the Amadeus I think the ship was the Amalegro(Blue Danube itinerary) It was two years ago. Loved the ship, the Danube was everything and more a wonderful trip. We won't return on this line due to the fact the food experience was so disappointing.. I booked this cruise hoping that the food was going to be at least a three star catagory... Well naught!! Our entire table complained to the chef and we all wrote letters when we returned. Their response was, our expectations were too high. AMA also stated they had very positive responses for that particular cruise. We are not foodies and complainers and after their response we decided never to travel on AMA again..:(

My husband and I cruised with AMA last year on the Amacello. We, too, enjoyed the vessel and cabin. However, almost every dining experience was a huge disappointment to us. Preparation and quality were very inconsistent. We voiced our displeasure several times while on board, but didn't take it any further. Others on our sailing were quite displeased, as well.

That was a really poor response that you received. Sounds like you were dismissed rather than really heard.

When river cruising in the future, we will take our business elsewhere.

Archived