Poll: Preferred cabin temperature

WhansaMi

At what temperature do you prefer your cabin?  

571 members have voted

1. 1. At what temperature do you prefer your cabin?

• 60-65
    • 65-70
    • 70-75
    • 75-80
    • 80-85
    • 85-90
    • higher than 90

The question of what cabin temperature is preferred by cruisers came up in a thread today. I thought it might be interesting to see what CCers thought.

What temperature range is most comfortable for you?

Our perfect range would actually be more like 68-72F.

75 is reaching the comfort limit for us.

At least with cooler temps you can put on layers of clothing....in heat, there is only so much clothing you can shed, at least in the public rooms.

I don't mind sweltering in any other room, but the room where I sleep must be cool! I chose 65-70. We keep the house between 68-72 year round, so it's what we prefer in our cabin, as well.

• Administrators

The high 70's is a great temp -- outdoors. Inside, with no fresh air and very minimal circulation/ventilation, especially in a closed place like a cruise ship inside or OV, hotel, or office building -- well, I find the high 70's to be stifling. I literally feel like I can't breathe. I voted for 65-70 for an ideal sleeping temperature.

I have been reading many posts of cabins that are too hot... We recently cruised with friends, one who is a diabetic and their cabin was unbearable. Maintance came as said that their cabin was within the proper temp range and they would no nothing to fix it... I don't remember what the range was but it was pretty high and I was in thier cabin and it was steamy to say the least

My vote is 65-70 tops....

I voted for the cooler temp as the cooler the room the better I sleep. Unfortunately I've yet to find a cabin where I can get it cool enough for me. I would like better control of the thermostat in the cabins if it were me!

Jane

Temp doesn't matter that much as humidity.

Even a dry high 70's is fine. A humid mid 70's can be uncomfortable for sleeping.

Personally, I like it dry and mid-low 70's..Because I prefer to sleep with some covers and 'hunker down' in pillows and some weight on top of me.

Well, the poll is in its infancy, but contrary to what another poster suggested, it does *not* look like 99% of cruisers prefer the high 70's! :-)

Indeed....!

So far, the largest percentage is considerably lower!

I like it around 78. For all those out there saying 65 to 70 you must not have six months of summer like I do here in sunny Fla. You'd have to get a second job to pay the AC bill....LOL......

I like it around 78. For all those out there saying 65 to 70 you must not have six months of summer like I do here in sunny Fla. You'd have to get a second job to pay the AC bill....LOL......

I live in Fl. I think a piece of me dies each month my electric bill comes lol. I can't take the heat though- I'm grumpy and mean when hot.

I choose to book cruise ship with climate control in the staterooms. Really old ships had none, last generation ships allowed guests only to open or close the vent, newest ships have actual thermostats (yeehaw!) If a cruise line offers "climate control", then guests should have the luxury of being able to set the temp where they are comfortable. If that doesn't work, guests absolutely have the right to complain and expect it to be resolved. I wouldn't want to spend even one night in a room that wasn't comfortable.

I live in Fl. I think a piece of me dies each month my electric bill comes lol. I can't take the heat though- I'm grumpy and mean when hot.

Me, too...on all counts. Although our power bill is approaching $300 per month, I'm just not compromising on comfort in my own home and I get cranky if it isn't cool enough. I love Florida in winter and spring, but just put up with summer.

I chose the lowest temp because the thermostat in our cabin on the Freedom had no numbers, just a fat red line that thinned out into a blue one. So we turned it all the way down and I would guess it was about 72-74 in there. At home I keep it around 72.

Right now in middle Tennessee, right in the middle of July, we are enjoying some awesome cool temps, very low 60's at night, low 80's during the day, and I have my air off. OFF, can you believe it?! And I'm loving the very cool mornings. Humidity is low, too. And that is key.

Shay

Archived