Liquor on Celebrity vs RCI (not sneaking liquor on board!!!)

Tatka

We sailed on X and RCI. We aren't looking to sneak liquor on board, but I wonder since RCI owns X why couldn't they have the same policy.

On RCI (at least on Splendour) we were able to buy liquor (Vodka and Kahlua), pay $9.50 corkage fee and drink it in the cabin.

I would like to be able to do the same thing on Celebrity.

we just returned from Century and had no problem bringing wine or spirits aboard. Upon embarkation we placed several bottles of wine in our luggage (carefully protected). In the various ports we simply placed whatever we wanted in our backpack. I'm not into "sneaking" it aboard. However, $9.00 for a glass of wine at dinner is a bit much. Oh don't forget the 15% gratutity added to everything. - Mark

(I LOVE YOUR PICTURE!!!)

The "booze thread" always gets the folks yelling and screaming. The thing to remember is that Celebrity is probably the best line for allowing booze onboard. If you take it on when you embark on your cruise there will be now problem. Only once in a while do they confiscate at the pier once you hit the islands. We have never had any problems with Celebrity...they are great. I have taken my supplies on everytime I have cruised with them...we enjoy afternoon cocktails on the veranda and we like to have friends in before we do the pre-dinner bar tour onboard.

I agree with you...Celebrity should have a shop policy like RCI has. We were just on RCI and I really enjoyed being able to pop into the store and pick up whatever we needed to entertain our friends in our cabin.

ROSS

(I LOVE YOUR PICTURE!!!)

The "booze thread" always gets the folks yelling and screaming. The thing to remember is that Celebrity is probably the best line for allowing booze onboard. If you take it on when you embark on your cruise there will be now problem. Only once in a while do they confiscate at the pier once you hit the islands. We have never had any problems with Celebrity...they are great. I have taken my supplies on everytime I have cruised with them...we enjoy afternoon cocktails on the veranda and we like to have friends in before we do the pre-dinner bar tour onboard.

I agree with you...Celebrity should have a shop policy like RCI has. We were just on RCI and I really enjoyed being able to pop into the store and pick up whatever we needed to entertain our friends in our cabin.

ROSS

[Thank you :) ]

I've been on this board long enough to notice extra-love for the threads about kids/liquor/jeans ;) so I included (not sneaking!!!) comment.

I understand that I CAN "physically" bring alcohol on board. Will this be legal is another thing. I just think that X is loosing money by not allowing people to buy liquor in their stores.

I think HAL's policy of allowing pre-orders of liquor for your stateroom and having it delivered prior to sailing is great. No need to have to worry about broken bottles in the suitcases. Celebrity should follow the lead.

I think HAL's policy of allowing pre-orders of liquor for your stateroom and having it delivered prior to sailing is great. No need to have to worry about broken bottles in the suitcases. Celebrity should follow the lead.
HAL's policy permits drinking wine and champagne that you brought in your room. (You can't bring hard liquor though)

On RCI (at least on Splendour) we were able to buy liquor (Vodka and Kahlua), pay $9.50 corkage fee and drink it in the cabin.

---------------------------

A corkage fee is charged at a table to open a bottle of wine....

The charge to take a bottle to your room is simply just that.... :cool:

The last time I bought a bottle in the ship store I told the person that if I couldn't take it to my room I didn't need it. I could buy it at home and wasn't about to carry it 3500 miles. He put it in a bag and gave it to me. :rolleyes: Why does everyone make such a deal out of buying booze. I buy it, it's mine and I take it where ever I want. No one has ever taken it from me. Bottom line is that rules are made so that if the person making the rules needs to enforce them they can. Don't be stupid and they won't either.. :cool:

we are sailing the galaxy april 14. i plan to pre-purchase both a liquor and wine package. as it may seem a bit expensive, $55 for premium booze, when you do the math its not all that bad. way i look at it is this, using a 32 ounce (quart) bottle of liquor. by normal bar standards a cocktail contains one (1) ounce of liquor, which means a quart wil yield 32 drinks. rounding numbers, lets say a drink is $4.00, total of $128 for 32 drinks. you pay $55 for the package, yields a savings to you of $73. i know many folks, as do i, mix with a bit more than an ounce, but ship board bars stick pretty close to a standard shot of one ounce. i also understand the package is a liter bottle which is a bit more than a US quart. sheesh i just may have convinced myself to get two packages! :D

Archived