Inside a CCL Life Boat

cruisetobeaches

Ever wondered what the INSIDE of one of those lifeboats looked like.......without having to actually NEED one?

While on a Fantasy cruise this month, the lifeboats were being inspected, so were open. I took pictures, of course!

life1.jpg

Note the CAPACITY printed on the bow and keep that in mind as you look further...........

life2.jpg

Those black silouettes are where each person needs to put their "butt".

life3.jpg

The white structure is where the pilot (operator) climbs up to sit to drive.

life4.jpg

Notice the seats in a circular pattern and double-decked. Maybe the "conversation pit"???

By the way, I did count the number of "butt prints"...............There are 150 of them. I wonder what they do about those individuals that might need more than one of those "prints"...................

Thats a pretty cool perspective. I always wondered what it looked like in there. But it does make you question what they do for more..um, oversized passengers. :rolleyes: I really dont care how cramped I would be though....as long as I get out alive. :D

Taking the Fantasy (hopefully) in June for the second time. At least I know what the lay of the land is. Kudos to you for giving us an idea of a behind the scenes moment!!!;)

P.S.--not like I am a teeny tiny thing myself...but hopefully will only take up one butt print. Can we test it out ahead of time? J/k

Ever wondered what the INSIDE of one of those lifeboats looked like.......without having to actually NEED one?

By the way, I did count the number of "butt prints"...............There are 150 of them. I wonder what they do about those individuals that might need more than one of those "prints"...................

They ride outside ~~!!~~ Why else would they have a rope railing all around the boat???

Yikes! I hope you're just kidding. Suppose passengers had to spend several hours in one of these lifeboats awaiting rescue? Undoubtedly some of them eventually might need the loo.

Hang your butt over the side and be happy you're not swimming. These are for saving lives in an emergency, not for comfort.

I dont remember witch cruise it was but one of the tendered stops carnival used some of the lifeboats so we had first hand knowledge of them didnt take up 2 spots but 1 and a 1/2 lol

That had to be surreal. I wouldnt be able to stop thinking "so this is what it would feel like if we had to abandon ship". Ok, I am a bit on the morbid side sometimes. :rolleyes:

Surprise, surprise! I got a lifeboat story too. The life boat was similar to the one pictured above but had the solid fiberglass roof instead if the 'convertible' top.

The cruise line was a one ship line, now long gone, and was using the lifeboat for a tender. The wife and I were the last ones in, LUCKILY! Because it was a blazing hot day I stood outside like a crewman, and held on to the grab handles. It was an oven inside. Barb was sitting in the entranceway at my feet. Since it was an actual lifeboat, it was equipped as a lifeboat. So some clown inside examines a smoke marker, a RED smoke marker. I guess he/she wonders, " What does this little pin do?" And pulls the pin. BLAM the boat instantly fills with noxious red smoke. I reach down and lift Barb out of there and hold her on the side of the boat. Much screaming inside, total zero visibility inside. Out of the opening sails a life jacket??? Don't know why, seems that would be the last thing to throw out. Finally a crewman locates the smoke marker and tosses it out. They float and generate smoke for quite a while. As we motor away and the smoke is blowing out of the boat, I look back and see a marker billowing red smoke and a life jacket floating a few feet away from it.

I still wonder what the next boat to happen by thought!:D

I am wondering if there is a lavatory on board.

"DEPENDS"..............:confused::p:rolleyes:

Actually, I did look for something, but didn't see anything that was out in the open. I know the compartments hold emergency supplies of water and first aid items as some of them were opened for the inspection. I didn't see any 'porta-potty'...............

Archived