mi dushi

itvilla

We did this excursion last year, and are planning to repeat it in January. It was our most expensive excursion (we had to book thru the cruiseline, and they tacked on a hefty surcharge), but in our opinion, it was worth it. It's the only excursion we're repeating.

mytime53: That is high praise in itself to book an excursion again. I am glad to hear it, as we have it booked for a Feb. cruise on Emerald Princess.

Can you give a mini review?

How did you meet the tour? What food was offered? What kinds of drink? What was the snorkeling like? Were the bathrooms okay? Anything else you would like to add would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

mytime53: That is high praise in itself to book an excursion again. I am glad to hear it, as we have it booked for a Feb. cruise on Emerald Princess.

Can you give a mini review?

How did you meet the tour? What food was offered? What kinds of drink? What was the snorkeling like? Were the bathrooms okay? Anything else you would like to add would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Hmmm--I have a friend who is going with us in January. She has what I call an "artist's eye" and will notice and remember every little detail. I'm more of an overall viewpoint kind of person. But I'll try to answer your questions:

Meeting the tour: picked up by a bus and taken to the pier, where we waited for other passengers to arrive, then took a small craft out to the Mi Dushi. Picked up by same bus on our way back--now it's a party bus:D Bus driver is honking his horn and everyone is singing at the top of their lungs: Alice, Alice, who the ---- is Alice? If you don't know the song before you go, and it's the same bus driver, you'll know it when you're back to the ship (I tell you this so that if you're the kind of person to be offended by that, you will at least be forewarned--everyone on our bus seemed to be okay with it). Our bus driver seemed to know everyone (police, guards, ...) so we got driven right up to the gangplank--other tours were having a long walk back from where they were dropped off. The bus is not part of the Mi Dushi business--it is just the transportation between piers, so I suppose Princess could have a different vendor this year.

Food--I don't really remember, except that it was good. I've read reviews where it was raved about--although I was very satisfied with it, I wasn't so impressed that I feel a need to call it the best ever. Don't even remember what it was.

Drinks--plenty, did not want for drinks. Some of the punch I liked, some I didn't. Whether you want alcohol or not, you won't go thirsty.

Snorkeling--we were disappointed on our entire 14-day cruise--the water wasn't as clear as we had hoped in most of our ports...too much wave action. But there were plenty of fish, and numerous types, at all 3 locations that Mi Dushi stopped at.

Bathrooms--must have been fine, as I don't remember them not being fine.

Now you can see why I don't write reviews; I am not very helpful:o

What I do remember is the attitude of crew--excellent, very helpful. We had a large snorkel bag with us, and it was in the way some of the time. We offered to put it anyplace they wanted, and they just told us to keep it where it was, and they moved it and then replaced it whenever they needed to get to the area.

One thing I might ask them this year--could some of us snorkel while the rest are using the rope to swing into the water. I have a feeling the answer will be no, as it would probably be too difficult for them to keep an eye on everyone with 2 activities going on. Compared to our other snorkeling tours, this one gave us our most time time snorkeling, so that's okay if I can't snorkel extra.

I really don't remember. The boat was full, I think, but we didn't feel crowded. You're not moving around when sailing, so just need a place to sit, and when we were stopped we were in the water or seated eating and drinking.

If you want to book on your own, the Black Pearl & Blue Melody are worth a look. We haven't sailed with them but many of our timeshare friends have recommended them.

DH doesn't snorkel but, based on all the good things we've heard, he's agreed to go with them on our next trip to Aruba. He can relax on their loungers while I snorkel..............

http://www.aruba-sailing.com/

Archived