Back from Constellation (3/19-3/26)

Bruin Steve

Home from the Constellation and Southern Caribbean...

Great cruise...

I'll have a full review put together soon.

But, in the meantime, a few notes:

For the first time in our cruising life, we were invited to sit at the Captain's Table on first formal night (well, actually, we were hosted by the Chief Engineer). Quite a neat honor. I told my wife they must have mistaken us for someone really important.

Also, lots of neat extras...like the Captains Club Elite and Select Wine Blending Seminar in the Ocean Liners Restaurant...Nothing like facing six glasses of free Cabernet Sauvignon at 11 am...and then the Captains Club Elite/Select Tea in Ocean Liners on the same day...followed by the free Liquor Tasting that same afternoon...and then the Captain's table (where they also our you free drinks and wine) followed by the Captain's toast with free champagne...Can't turn down about 20-25 FREE drinks in one day!!! Somehow, I survived...

Celebrity does so many nice little things...like the cold wet towels as you approach the ship coming from port...

And then there's the Cirque de Soleil Bar at the Edge of the Earth...All I can say is that it is truly WEIRD...After sitting through two nights of it, I still can't decide what to think of it...except that it truly is different...I guess it is a little more entertaining than sitting in an ordinary bar listening to dull music and watching old people dance...

Anyway, I had a great time and will get back with the in-depth review shortly.

Hi Steve:) welcome back and sounds like you both had a wonderful cruise!

Glad to hear it and look forward to your review. She really is a beautiful ship:)

Hi Steve:) welcome back and sounds like you both had a wonderful cruise!

Glad to hear it and look forward to your review. She really is a beautiful ship:)

Lois, I'm curious, compared to the other Millennium ships, do you prefer Constellation?

She's pretty enough, to me, but I found her rather busy in areas. Lots of different patterns and things going on in the Rendezvous, I didn't love that area compared to the calmer version on the Millennium. Didn't love the bright reds and oranges in the dining room compared to Infinity's calmer colors and organic feel. Didn't at all like the crude carpeting in the foyer area, Millennium's is much nicer, IMO. To me, the Connie as a 4th version of the Millennium, seems like the designers got a little tired of the same format, and she's my least favorite in the Celebrity fleet. I think what disappointed me most is that she seemed overdone, wasn't allowed to be simple and elegant and understated in the way earlier Celebrity ships were.

But, maybe that's just my tastes.

Hi Benjamins:)

Constellation is the only M-Class ship I have been on~I cannot give you a comparison.

The other 2 ships I have sailed are Mercury and Century.

Call me weird~I love them all:D

Before sailing Constellation my only concern was that I thought maybe she was going to feel way too big for me. I was wrong. She is large of course, but I never felt swallowed up. Navigated myself around the ship very easily.

Hopefully one day I will have the opportunity to sail the others as well.

Hi Steve:) no its not. I am just a regular person, like anyone else. No better, no worse. And this thread was about Steve's cruise, not me.:eek:

Most people like one specific class of ship......I like both;) I think that goes back to the Benjamin's original question.

We have been on theMeridian,Horizon, Zenith, Century and the Constellation and I would say that we love the Constellation. We have been on there two times. We were on the Dec 4 with the debut of Cirque and we are planning to go again in November with their change of itinerary. We haven't been on other M class ships, so unfortunately we can't compare. Any reviews of the ship are welcome. We hope to go on either a Panama Canal or Mexican Riviera on Celebrity, but we shall see. Enjoy your cruise.

Katie

Archived