Azamara Passages Onboard Booking Program - Excellent Information !

Andy

Hi Everyone,

As many of our Azamara friends are aware, we've had numerous questions regarding their onboard booking program. As my goal is to clarify such situations, I'm pleased to share with our community, a document which I'm confident will answer your questions.

The Azamara Passages document can be viewed by clicking here

If you feel this should be a Sticky, please share your thoughts. My sincere thanks to Azamara for providing the Passages document.

I have one question about the Azamara passages program which isn't addressed in the posted PDF. Can you buy one onboard Celebrity ships or only on Azamara ships?

Hi Kevnzworld,

I asked this question not long ago, and was told that you could purchase on Celebrity and Royal. I'm on Celebrity Eclipse in a few weeks, and will be sure to ask.

I have one question about the Azamara passages program which isn't addressed in the posted PDF. Can you buy one onboard Celebrity ships or only on Azamara ships?

We purchased onboard Celebrity. Note this was a number of years ago when Azamara was offering the $100.00 deposit and OBC. Now the Azamara deposits are larger and there is a discount instead of OBC.

The only thing you need to be aware of is that there is a good chance the Celebrity will give you wrong info about the Azamara book on board benefits I only say this because they were confused about their own book on board promo when we were on Millennium in January. Make sure you bring along the info provided by Andy.

We hope that we'll have the opportunity to welcome you onboard Azamara Club Cruises this coming November. Hopefully to help you with your decision-making here are answers to your questions:

When you're on Celebrity you'll be able to purchase either an Azamara "Open Passage" or "Reserved Passage" which offer a $200 to $600 savings per stateroom depending on category and voyage length:

 Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a $200-$400 discount per stateroom, depending on category.

 Voyages of 9 nights or more, you will receive a $400-$600 discount per stateroom, depending on category.

According to the manager of onboard programs for the three brands, although "we only openly market and promote the brand of that ship, however we will gladly book any of the three brands the guest may want to book..."

We do offer attractive rates for singles where the supplement is only 125% of the stateroom fare on selected voyages. They are listed on our website and are subject to change since they are capacity controlled. Here is a link: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/Fantastic-Rates-Singles

 I noticed that there are three Mediterranean voyages listed for November with 125%:

Nov 4 / Azamara Journey / 10 nights

Nov 7 / Azamara Quest / 11 nights

Nov 14 / Azamara Journey / 15 nights

With respect to special promotions, we are offering on selected 2012 European voyages up to $2,000 in ChoiceAir credits per couple and a complimentary stateroom upgrade from Club Oceanview to Club Veranda. This offer is time-sensitive and the last day to book is March 31, 2012. Here is a link for complete details and conditions.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/2012-europe-program

I suggest that you enroll to receive Azamara email of offers by visiting our website's home page. At the bottom you'll find "LINKS" and then to the right you'll see "Sign Up for Email."

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/

One last comment, I believe that with our without a promotion, Azamara is an exceptional value. On every voyage, our standard tariff includes gratuities for housekeeping, dining and bar staff; boutique wines with lunch and dinner; bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas; complimentary self-service laundry; shuttle service to and from ports, where available and English butler service for suite guests. In fact, we were pleased to learn that in Cruise Critic's 2012 Cruisers’ Choice Awards, that in the "Overall Small Ship Category" our two vessels were rated the highest but were also rated #1 in five of nine categories. This is a true reflection of our onboard team’s commitment to deliver an “azamazing” experience, both onboard and on shore. These results are especially meaningful because they are based solely on ratings awarded by cruisers when they post a review on Cruise Critic.

Now you have a lot to digest to make your decision. I hope that you'll decide to vacation with Azamara!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

If you feel this should be a Sticky, please share your thoughts. My sincere thanks to Azamara for providing the Passages document.

Two quick points, Andy:

• to view the document as you have posted it, it is necessary to have a google account. not everyone has/wishes to have this
  • I think posting the document as a sticky would be useful.

Cheers,

Sue

Two quick points, Andy:

• to view the document as you have posted it, it is necessary to have a google account. not everyone has/wishes to have this
  • I think posting the document as a sticky would be useful.

Cheers,

Sue

Hi Sue,

I'm not sure why that is the case. I've used Google docs on several occasions, and it never asks for an account. I tried it on another computer (not logged into Google Docs), and it took me directly to the document page. Perhaps it acts differently for non US locations. I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, I do not have a solution, as the document file size is too large to post directly on Cruise Critic.

Does anyone know if I can purchase a Next Cruise Cert for Azamara on a short RCI cruise such as 3-night weekend cruise on Majesty of the Seas? :)

I still have a Next Cruise Cert that I purchased on my last RCI cruise but I assume the cert by default is good only for RCI since I didn't know to ask for Azamara or Celebrity.

Thanks!

Does anyone know if I can purchase a Next Cruise Cert for Azamara on a short RCI cruise such as 3-night weekend cruise on Majesty of the Seas? :)

I still have a Next Cruise Cert that I purchased on my last RCI cruise but I assume the cert by default is good only for RCI since I didn't know to ask for Azamara or Celebrity.

Thanks!

Hi Genegri,

Yes you can purchase it on any RCL sailing. Be certain to state you wish to purchase an Azamara Passages certificate, so you do not have potential problems when booking your Azamara cruise.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Having managed to magnify the document sufficiently to read the small prints, it appears that the Azamara Passages information only applies to US and Canadian citizens.

Any comment, Bill?

Thanks,

Sue

Hi Genegri,

Yes you can purchase it on any RCL sailing. Be certain to state you wish to purchase an Azamara Passages certificate, so you do not have potential problems when booking your Azamara cruise.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Host Andy, thank you!

Now I will seriously watch for a last minute weekend deal, as if I wouldn't otherwise anyway! :D I may even come out ahead. :)

Lots of great information in this thread. Thank you all!

Having managed to magnify the document sufficiently to read the small prints, it appears that the Azamara Passages information only applies to US and Canadian citizens.

Any comment, Bill?

Thanks,

Sue

I don't know about the small print, but we did purchase an open passage on Azamara on our November 2011 cruise - and now we're going to use it in July 2012 (already booked)

We are neither American nor Canadian citizens and it didn't seem to make any difference in all our dealings with Azamara - onboard the ship or after it.

(I hope they won't find out now that it was all a Big Mistake! :D)

Miriam

Any comment, Bill?

Thanks,

Sue

Hello Sue -

Good news! I'm pleased to inform you that you and others from Australia are eligible to participate in Azamara Open Passages' program.

The small print to which you referred is added to promotional pieces produced in each specific market (such as the one for the US and Canada) in recognition of the different rules of engagement in each of our specific markets when it comes to combining other offers. This fact explains why we don't have a global brochure and that the UK and Frankfurt offices have their own websites. Australia's is still a work in progress.

Thanks for your loyalty to Azamara Club Cruises!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I don't know about the small print, but we did purchase an open passage on Azamara on our November 2011 cruise - and now we're going to use it in July 2012 (already booked)

We are neither American nor Canadian citizens and it didn't seem to make any difference in all our dealings with Azamara - onboard the ship or after it.

(I hope they won't find out now that it was all a Big Mistake! :D)

Miriam

Hello Miriam -

Not to worry! It was not a Big Mistake!

As I mentioned, you and other retail guests from international markets are eligible to take advantage of Azamara Open Passages' program. Please see my response to Sue (spw1947).

I noticed you're from Israel and I'm curious in which office you and/or your travel agent book.

We're grateful for your loyalty to Azamara!

Shalom!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

When you're on Celebrity you'll be able to purchase either an Azamara "Open Passage" or "Reserved Passage" which offer a $200 to $600 savings per stateroom depending on category and voyage length:

 Voyages of 8 nights or less, you will receive a $200-$400 discount per stateroom, depending on category.

 Voyages of 9 nights or more, you will receive a $400-$600 discount per stateroom, depending on category.

According to the manager of onboard programs for the three brands, although "we only openly market and promote the brand of that ship, however we will gladly book any of the three brands the guest may want to book..."

We do offer attractive rates for singles where the supplement is only 125% of the stateroom fare on selected voyages. They are listed on our website and are subject to change since they are capacity controlled. Here is a link: http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/Fantastic-Rates-Singles

 I noticed that there are three Mediterranean voyages listed for November with 125%:

Nov 4 / Azamara Journey / 10 nights

Nov 7 / Azamara Quest / 11 nights

Nov 14 / Azamara Journey / 15 nights

With respect to special promotions, we are offering on selected 2012 European voyages up to $2,000 in ChoiceAir credits per couple and a complimentary stateroom upgrade from Club Oceanview to Club Veranda. This offer is time-sensitive and the last day to book is March 31, 2012. Here is a link for complete details and conditions.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/promotions/2012-europe-program

Now you have a lot to digest to make your decision. I hope that you'll decide to vacation with Azamara!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

I attempted to buy Azamara Passages while onboard the Silhouette in October. I was told that it was not possible so I ended up with Celebrity Passages. I am very unhappy to learn that Azamara Passages WAS available at that time. Now I have a couple of Celebrity Passages that I will use at some point in time but would much rather sail with Azamara for my next cruise.

Somehow this doesn't seem fair and it would be nice if Azamara would make it right. I'm not looking for anything "free", just would like what I asked for and what was available at the time. Would be more than happy to trade Passages or whatever it would take.

Hello Miriam -

Not to worry! It was not a Big Mistake!

As I mentioned, you and other retail guests from international markets are eligible to take advantage of Azamara Open Passages' program. Please see my response to Sue (spw1947).

I noticed you're from Israel and I'm curious in which office you and/or your travel agent book.

We're grateful for your loyalty to Azamara!

Shalom!

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thanks Bill and a big Shalom to you too!

To your question.. July cruise will be our 6th with Azamara . Only for the first of them we used the local representative of Azamara in Israel; all the rest we booked through an American agency I "found" on the web. They just proved to be much better informed and also more "generous" (that's what competition will do :)).

I suppose that they all use the Miami office?

again - thanks for the wonderful work you do here!

Miriam

I attempted to buy Azamara Passages while onboard the Silhouette in October. I was told that it was not possible so I ended up with Celebrity Passages. I am very unhappy to learn that Azamara Passages WAS available at that time. Now I have a couple of Celebrity Passages that I will use at some point in time but would much rather sail with Azamara for my next cruise.

Somehow this doesn't seem fair and it would be nice if Azamara would make it right. I'm not looking for anything "free", just would like what I asked for and what was available at the time. Would be more than happy to trade Passages or whatever it would take.

Hi Leibe,

Seems like an honest mistake. Have you considered calling Azamara's customer service dept, and explaining what happened ? Why not ask if you can exchange the certificates or perhaps they can convert/honor them internally ?

Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Hello Sue -

Good news! I'm pleased to inform you that you and others from Australia are eligible to participate in Azamara Open Passages' program.

The small print to which you referred is added to promotional pieces produced in each specific market (such as the one for the US and Canada) in recognition of the different rules of engagement in each of our specific markets when it comes to combining other offers. This fact explains why we don't have a global brochure and that the UK and Frankfurt offices have their own websites. Australia's is still a work in progress.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Many thanks to you & Andy for the time & trouble you have spent clarifying the issue of Open Passages accounts. Your efforts are truly appreciated. I had no problems printing it off and am now confident that I can present the accounts & your info to our local TA & at the same take advantage of their "specials deals" advertised in Australia.

We look forward to Australia having it's own Azamara website which hopefully will match the offers availalbe via the US/Canadian & UK websites, including "Choice Air".:) In the meantime I have signed up on the Azamara website (US & Canada) just to keep an eye out for any future deals on offer.

Thanks again

Hello Leibe -

I had the opportunity to speak with the Manager, Onboard Sales Program for the three brands about the honest mistake the future cruise sales consultant made when you were aboard Celebrity and did not allow you to purchase an Azamara Passage.

She suggested that you contact Azamara's LeClub Voyage desk so that your Celebrity Passage can be converted in an Azamara Passage since you were misinformed.

Please contact Azamara's Le Club Voyage directly for assistance. Their phone # is : 1-888-532-5828 (1-888-LeClubV) or email LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. I have sent that desk a copy of this message so that they'll be aware of the background of your call.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard, sometime very soon.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Hello Leibe -

I had the opportunity to speak with the Manager, Onboard Sales Program for the three brands about the honest mistake the future cruise sales consultant made when you were aboard Celebrity and did not allow you to purchase an Azamara Passage.

She suggested that you contact Azamara's LeClub Voyage desk so that your Celebrity Passage can be converted in an Azamara Passage since you were misinformed.

Please contact Azamara's Le Club Voyage directly for assistance. Their phone # is : 1-888-532-5828 (1-888-LeClubV) or email LeClubVoyage@AzamaraClubCruises.com. I have sent that desk a copy of this message so that they'll be aware of the background of your call.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard, sometime very soon.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Thank you so much Mr Leiber. I will be on the Azamara Quest for the Dec 2, 2012 TA. Arrangements will be made tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
Hi Everyone,

As many of our Azamara friends are aware, we've had numerous questions regarding their onboard booking program. As my goal is to clarify such situations, I'm pleased to share with our community, a document which I'm confident will answer your questions.

Hi Andy,

I've reviewed this thread, your attachment and searched the forum, but have a question I haven't seen addressed. If I have a non-refundable OBC, can that be used towards purchase of an Azamara Passage?

Thanks,

Doug

We will be on the Journey in July and may want to book a Celebrity cruise in Australia -- since it doesn't appear that Azamara will be going to Australia in the near future. Will we be able to do that and receive Celebrity's on-board booking credit?

Hi Andy,

I've reviewed this thread, your attachment and searched the forum, but have a question I haven't seen addressed. If I have a non-refundable OBC, can that be used towards purchase of an Azamara Passage?

Thanks,

Doug

Hello Doug -

Thank you for your interesting question. I've checked with the Manager, Onboard Sales Program for the three brands and learned that OBC's are not applicable to onboard bookings for deposit.

Technically, a guest's OBC resides in their onboard guest folio; however, when an onboard booking is made, the deposit is charged directly to the guest's credit card and not to the guest's folio.

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived