Valor, Scenic Ocean View 9199 ??

t1adams

Anyone stayed in these types of rooms before? You can't find any pictures on this website with that category. It's like it's a mystery, lol. It's a "6J" category. I believe it's in the front of the ship on the Lido deck. It appears it views straight out forward. We have already booked this room because our 9yr old son is afraid of balconies (I know, silly but it is his trip too and we don't really spend much time in our rooms anyway). But we'd like a nice big view so we selected this room. I'd like to see someone's pictures of these types of rooms (I think there are only about six total on the ship). And the good and the bad about staying here.

We'll be on the Valor next spring break leaving out of San Juan. Thank you in advance for any help!!! :o

I believe there is a photo of 9200 floating around. 9200 is a corner cabin and it looks AMAZING! I haven't seen photos of the middle cabins but they will all have floor to ceiling windows and they're above the bridge. I know you'll love the cabin once you see what it's like. I wish it was available on all ships. Search cruise line rooms in a search engine. Select the first site that comes up. They will have a photo of 9200 there :D

I believe there is a photo of 9200 floating around. 9200 is a corner cabin and it looks AMAZING! I haven't seen photos of the middle cabins but they will all have floor to ceiling windows and they're above the bridge. I know you'll love the cabin once you see what it's like. I wish it was available on all ships. Search cruise line rooms in a search engine. Select the first site that comes up. They will have a photo of 9200 there :D

Oh thank you! Actually I did see that one. We did realize it's my mom's room (she's going with us). That room only holds two to three and we have four people (me, my hubby and two kids). However I LOVED the curviness of that window! You can see beside and straight ahead of where you are going.

I want to know: 1. what's the difference was between that room and ours was since ours holds more people. 2. I also wonder what is underneath that room... Noise wise, and what you see looking downward. 3., Will we feel much ocean movement being that much forward on the ship.

Funny thing, that room costs as much as a balcony room; it's just my son is so scared of a balcony. And actually, we never spend much time in the room anyway. But a grand view is always nice!! :D

Thanks so much for your help. I was afraid no one was going to respond since this was such a specific question.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
We also have one of these rooms in March.

I am trying to figure out how the bed opens to a double. Is someone stuck sleeping against the wall? There are four of us, me, hubby and two teenage daughters.

I know this is an old thread but since I toured these rooms last week---

the above cabin is for 2 people. you will have to be booked in a cabin that holds 4 people.

the sofa bed in these cabins pull out into a bed. two people will be sharing the bed.

• 3 months later...
Question: can passengers access the deck in front of your window? Can anyone look inside your room or bang on the glass?

No, crew only. Stayed in 9201 last year. Amazing room. Loved it. Would book again in a heartbeat. Never saw crew but saw paint rollers come up from below to paint the railing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe you would be over the bridge. Your view will be spectacular. I was on the Valor last week and on the bridge for the ship tour (which was great) and couldn't get over the panoramic views, so you are definitely in for a treat!

Enjoy the Valor and your cruise:)

In march 2013 on the Glory and we saw one of these Rooms. The one which holds 4 people has a lot of room and the windows are spectacular! Very big windows and not just one window for the room for 4. The price is as much as a guaranteed balcony. Your child will love the views. The cabin we saw had a big l-shaped sectional.

• 1 month later...
In march 2013 on the Glory and we saw one of these Rooms. The one which holds 4 people has a lot of room and the windows are spectacular! Very big windows and not just one window for the room for 4. The price is as much as a guaranteed balcony. Your child will love the views. The cabin we saw had a big l-shaped sectional.

Here's a shot of the view from 9199 looking across the bow at the Boston skyline. The room was sensational.

2081547110_9199GloryinBoston.jpg.204da1c10de0d261d0ad96fc517b147f.jpg

did those flags bother your vision?

They only fly the pennants in port. Certainly they are in the field of vision but, no, they didn't bother me in the slightest. Frankly, they add to the nautical flavor of the experience.

Edited by Seabourn Pearls

Definitely hope someday to get a room like this. What a view! What ships are these type of cabins on? All of them?

As far as I know, Scenic Ocean View (category 6J) and Deluxe Scenic Ocean View (category 6K) are only available on Valor, Conquest, Glory, and Sunshine. The are located on Lido deck, forward, above the bridge. There are 6 cabins total (four of the 4J and two of the 6K), so they are very limited. They are often sold out a year in advance. If you are looking for them online, click "ocean view," and then on the next page you will see the option for "Scenic Ocean View." In my experience they are usually priced somewhere around $20 more per person per day than a regular ocean view. As has been said, some are categorized as being for 2 passengers, while others are for 4 passengers, and I believe that varies from ship to ship depending on the configuration. I know for sure that 9201 (6K) on the Glory is for 2 passengers.

• 1 year later...

We are booked for this room in July. All the pics I have found do not show how 4 people sleep in this room. However, I have called and was told it does sleep 4. It is me, my husband, and 2 teenage sons. Can anyone tell me if this room will be big enough to sleep all 4 of us? TIA

We are booked for this room in July. All the pics I have found do not show how 4 people sleep in this room. However, I have called and was told it does sleep 4. It is me, my husband, and 2 teenage sons. Can anyone tell me if this room will be big enough to sleep all 4 of us? TIA

Perhaps you did not read all the posts in this thread.

This post (#20 from this thread) has a link to pictures of one that apparently sleeps 4 persons

Edited by lizardhowson

will be tight but manageable. Unpack everything- do not live out of suit cases. Pack the empty cases under the bed. Store dirty clothes in an empty case. Keep EVERYthing off the vanity. Keep the cabin organized so it does not close in on you. Get an over the door shoe holder to keep the "crap" off the vanity. tell the teens to shower early in the day or use the spa/gym area showers--which have a lot more room

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/13/49/04/13490497b3b20f8d84c32cdb08b0ce2d.jpg

the sofa is convertible-- not the kind that pulls out. The back comes off and its a bed. There is also an upper bed. Its recesses into the ceiling

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj577/Casey298/DSC02083.jpg

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj577/Casey298/DSC02082-1.jpg

Edited by serene56