Radiance vs Voyager

apart from the size difference which ship would you say is nicer, I've been on the Mariner sister to Voyager, but never on a Radiance class ship?

Cheers Lynsie

I've been on the Serenade and Voyager. I prefer the Voyager for the Royal Promenade but loved the open feeling on Serenade. I woulda bo based upon itinerary. If you give me more specifics I can probably advise you better.

I've been on the Serenade and Voyager. I prefer the Voyager for the Royal Promenade but loved the open feeling on Serenade. I woulda bo based upon itinerary. If you give me more specifics I can probably advise you better.

I have been on Radiance, but not Voyager. I have been on Independence and understand the Voyager and Freed class are very similar, but the Freedoms are bigger. I also would choose based on itinerary and price. Radiance is actually a bit newer and has been recently rehabbed. Voyager will have the ice rink, but other than that, I am not sure what bells and whistles you would give up by choosing the smaller ship.

We have sailed on Serenade and I'm glad that we gave the Radiance class ships a try. But we really prefer the Voyager class and larger as we enjoy the Royal Promenade in the evening and we missed it when we were on Serenade.

Thanks for replying

The itineraries are Radiance to the south pacific 11 nights which will be hot weather.

or the voyager to new Zealand which will probably be cold.

Cheers Lynsie

Thanks for replying

The itineraries are Radiance to the south pacific 11 nights which will be hot weather.

or the voyager to new Zealand which will probably be cold.

Cheers Lynsie

How ironic. The Radiance has a glass enclosed solarium with is really nice on cold weather cruises and the Voyager has an uncovered solarium which is really nice for warm weather.

We have been on Serenade and Navigator. Much preferred Navigator. Lots more to do. For the first time ever on a cruise, we were bored on Serenade! Also liked the Royal Promenade on Navigator. Serenade is odd as it has a "vertical" promenade, i.e. the main area is open vertically, but not horizontally. I know people love love love Radiance class ships, but we obviously didn't get it. Much prefer the larger Navigator. Next up for us...Allure!

I have sailed both (Radiance and Explorer - sister ship to Voyager).

Both are great ships. Radiance is smaller, but has more glass so you are more connected to the sea. Voyager is bigger and has more facilities. I am also a big fan of the Royal Promenade on the Voyager class. It gives the ship a central focal point and makes it so much easier to get from one end of the ship to the other.

I would gladly cruise on either. But I think Voyager has a bit more of a WOW experience with the ice skating and promenade. You can't go wrong with either.

Just got off Radiance last weekend..WOW 3rd time is a charm great ship so much better for views than the shopping mall affect of Voayger class.

Voyager class while nice internalizes everyone and seems crowded on the promenade. The Radiance disperses crowds to seperate areas. Never has felt crowded

Archived