Voyager of the Seas Hump Cabin 9614 Junior Suite

Thought I would bombard the forum with some photos taken from my cruise on 15th May from Dubai to Singapore. Being a first time cruiser I was forever searching the web for whatever photos I could find of Voyager and their Junior Suites, so hopefully might help some other newby's with these photos. The Cabin was beautiful!

DSC01960.jpg

DSC01950.jpg

DSC01951.jpg

DSC01952.jpg

Have heard complaints the beds weren't soft enough etc. Found the bed perfectly fine, and I like soft beds. They were huge and loved the sheets!

Balcony had older style chairs on it. Had noticed looking over some had the newer style chairs, however our cruise it was really too hot the majority of it, to be sitting outside anyway!

DSC01953.jpg

View first sea morning. Couldn't believe the sea, it was seriously like silk, and with the humidity mist, it was beyond what you could imagine!

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02042.jpg

From the outside. Look four up, and the first big balcony on the hump.

DSC02290.jpg

Now to the minor but fun details.

The wardrobe complete with bathrobes which were delicious. Coming home my one just doesn't cut it anymore! :(

DSC01957.jpg

The Bathroom, which came complete with little shampoo's and conditioners etc which were replaced as we used them. Hadn't expected that.

DSC01958.jpg

DSC01959.jpg

The Bar fridge that you wouldn't be able to fit anything else in anyway!

DSC02712.jpg

The Coffee/Tea making facilities, also another thing I didn't expect!

DSC02712.jpg

Oh one other thing. This is an interconnecting cabin. The door to the room forward from us can be noted from the second photo. Along the desk line, where the desk all ends is the door. I did peep into other JS rooms and wondered why on earth they got two chairs and mirrors in their room and how come we didn't, then it dawned on me about the door. Honestly I never saw a thing of people on either side of us, nor heard them. A couple of times my husband would go onto the balcony and come back inside because someone somewhere was smoking, but overall LOVED LOVED LOVED the room. Was an amazingly comfortable size and enjoyed just going back to it to relax and hide at times :)

Hope you enjoy the photos and that they were in some way useful to those that were curious.

Kylie

Hi, Could you tell me where your muster station was? I have been in 9630 and it was in the MDR. I was wondering if it was the same for this cabin. I'm thinking of booking 9614 or 9314 for a future cruise. It's not great standing in the hot sun, which I have done on other cruises.

Hi, Could you tell me where your muster station was? I have been in 9630 and it was in the MDR. I was wondering if it was the same for this cabin. I'm thinking of booking 9614 or 9314 for a future cruise. It's not great standing in the hot sun, which I have done on other cruises.

Oh haven't posted those photos yet. Have one of the muster. We were out on deck 4. It was the sunny side, but there was a touch of shade. With the delays in getting people onboard initally, some were waiting over 2.5 hours in a hot tent in the middle of the desert in 40 degree heat to get onboard. One of the mustering men was a right ****, over directing us. Making us all move down one way, then screaming at us when we did as we were then blocking an emergency exit door, so we all shuffled back the other way. He would randomly grab couples and tell them the exact dot he wanted them to stand on. Was funny, but got very tedious waiting for everyone to arrive. They delayed our muster as everyone wasn't boarded yet, and even when it was held I think people were still rolling onto the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

I booked that cabin a year ago and have searching forever for pics of 9614.

Great photos!

It looks like they finally went flat screen.

Could you tell me how many US outlets (electric) there are?

Can you adjust the refrigerator coldness?

Thanks again, so much!

The second photo down, you can see the only power switches you could use. Being Australian, we had to take an adapter, and I think from memory there was only the one socket. We did take a double adapter so we could charge two things at the one time, but didn't have any issues not having enough points, as we would make sure some items were charged overnight, and some we just left in the room through the day charging. I don't think we even bothered using the safe in the end. Just made sure valuable looking items were stored in cupboards out of direct view.

As for the fridge there was no space in it for us to even attempt to try to use it. We didn't bother taking drinks on-board with us in the end, but reading from those that do, the fridge doesn't keep things cold anyway, so that's when you ask your room attendant for buckets of ice.

Am having withdrawals now missing that room. Will be interesting to see what I think of the D1 next door when I go on Explorers in Feb.

Kylie

Kylie,

Thank you so much for these pictures-I, too, searched for the junior suite hump pictures with no avail. I especially enjoyed the balcony photos. One favor please, I couldn't see the coffee pot, you may have double posted the mini-frig, would you mind putting up the coffee/tea photo?

Thanks!

We'll be in 9624 on the Mariner

• 4 weeks later...

Archived