LaQuinta Ft. Lauderdale Airport Hotel

laurashelby

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale LaQuinta Airport hotel lately? It's got great reviews on Tripadvisor and offers a good breakfast along with airport and port shuttles. Was curious what experience anyone's had with their port shuttle?

thanks,

Laura

We stayed there April 9, 2005. The stay was very nice. The hotel is bright and cheery. The front desk personal (Mark & Sabrina) were very friendly. They suggested a restuarant across the way, along with recommendations for entrees... they were right on the money. The room overlooked the pool and was comfortable and clean. The room had a microwave & a mini-fridge.

There was a complimentary continental breakfast buffet that included make your own waffles... (be sure to spray the pan before pouring your batter!). It was very pleasant.

I can't tell you about the shuttle... but I can tell you that at check-in, they did ask which ship we were on so that they could set up our shuttle arrangements (we were sailing out of Miami, so the shuttle did not apply).

FWIW, I would definitely stay there again. Got a great deal through Priceline.com $41./night + txs etc

A~:)

I agree with just4kixx about everything said about the hotel. We used the shuttle and it was great. We signed up the night before and everything went smooth. It didn't take long - maybe 10 minutes or less - to get to the port.

Hope you enjoy the hotel.

Stayed there on April 8.Thought it was a great deal and great hotel, getting it through Priceline.They have specific times for specific ships. The pick-up time they had for our Princess ship was 1:00.We did not want to wait that late,so we took a taxi.We had shuttle pick us up when we arrived at airport. That went fine.Would highly reccommend hotel.Do not know if it is still coming up on Priceline.

I love it!! This October will be our second year. Fee shuttle from airport, and to the ship. Sign in for time when you arrive. Free continental breakfast, great courtyard, Gazebo, fenced in pool. Rooms are suites, short walk into town for malls and food!! Pretty and clean!! :)

Sue - what October cruise are you doing? We are sailing on the Sun on Oct 19 and the Star Oct 30 - I am having trouble getting a place to stay at a reasonable rate on the 29th - BIG boat show going on

Ron

Rooms are suites, short walk into town for malls and food!! Pretty and clean!! :)

:confused: I have stayed stayed in this hotel. The hotel does have a few suites, but not all rooms are suites. Most are not. I guess I am not sure what you mean by "rooms are suites". I would not want to give someone the impression that all rooms are suites like Embassy Suites or AmeriSuites.

I would not consider our room a "suite" either. It did have a king bed, a microwave, an in room coffee pot & a mini-fridge... but a looooong stretch to call it a "suite" ;)

Still, very pleased with the accomodations.

A~ :)

We stayed there April 9, 2005. The stay was very nice. The hotel is bright and cheery. ... they were right on the money.

FWIW, I would definitely stay there again. Got a great deal through Priceline.com $41./night + txs etc

How many stars does Priceline rate this hotel?

Thanks,

I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Ft. Lauderdale LaQuinta Airport hotel lately? It's got great reviews on Tripadvisor and offers a good breakfast along with airport and port shuttles. Was curious what experience anyone's had with their port shuttle?

thanks,

Laura

We are staying there in June, and are getting free parking (up to 14 days) during cruise.

I have just booked this hotel as it has very good reviews on hotel sites. Unfortunatley my stay will be after the cruise, as Princess are puting us in the Inercontinential pre-criuse.

I too am also going on the Star Princess on 10/30/05.

We stayed there pre cruise in February. Ours rooms were very nice and clean. My friends left their van there for 12 days at no charge. There free breakfast was very good. Hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, bagels,

fruit, cookies, donuts, pastry, toast, coffee, juice, tea, cereal, muffins, etc.

Excellent and free.

I made reservations on hotel.com for $59.00 a night, and it was well worth the money.

• 4 weeks later...

It looks to me like people like it. I am surprized. I live here and could never understand why they built a hotel there. If it is when the boat show is, that makes it easier to book. My thought is that when the hotel is a little out of the loop, thats OK as long as it has a restuarant to eat at on site. I do not rent a car when out of towm, and I do not want to walk somewhere for dinner. If only staying one night and you will have a car, your fine.

SouthernCaribbean... my bad, I think you are right about the Priceline 2*... I'm pretty sure that AAA rates it 2 1/2 or 3* though. I would give it a higher rating than 2*

We had a rental car, but chose to walk to the shopping center for dinner, afterall, it was the beginning of our adult only, R&R vacation ;) . It really is just a couple of blocks or so. We felt completely safe, FWIW

If anyone gets this hotel on Priceline please post when it is for and how much you bid.I read a post somewhere that somewhere paid $70 for next March on Priceline.We loved staying there this April and hope to get it for next April.We will need 6 rooms.I am afraid if I have to bid $70 I might get another hotel, which we would probably not want.Some friends stayed at Whydham this year and had no free breakfast and no place to eat but the hotel, which was very expensive.Checking hotwire,it looks like La Quinta might be the 2 star hotel that they are offering for $71 plus fees.Alot more than the $42 we paid this year.Will be watching for posts to see if people are getting hotel.Would really like to stay here again next year.

Archived