Summit Family Ocean View (FOV) 9156

sunshn1972

Just got off my first Celebrity cruise. We were lucky enough to get a corner aft room, and I wanted to post some pictures because I wasn't able to find many before we boarded.

Main door.

DSCN0084.jpg

Private hallway between the main door to the room, taken from the room. There's a door at each end of the hallway, and both doors have locks. You can see the area for storing luggage right next to the main door. We were able to fit three large suitcases there.

DSCN0100.jpg

Main bedroom.

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0098.jpg

DSCN0099.jpg

Wow!!!

Thanks so much for posting those pics. We have the same cabin on Millennium in a couple of months, very much looking forward to it.

Once the second cabin beds are made up I assume you can't walk through to the balcony easily?

So from the pictures I can assume you had a wonderful trip?

Edited by 3littlepigs

Wow!!!

Thanks so much for posting those pics. We have the same cabin on Millennium in a couple of months, very much looking forward to it.

Once the second cabin beds are made up I assume you can't walk through to the balcony easily?

So from the pictures I can assume you had a wonderful trip?

It's very difficult to get to the balcony with the second cabin beds made up. We had to walk sideways to get through the little space.

The trip was great. We spent a lot of time on the balcony. :D

With the larger sofa bed now in place, there is no longer any floor space for the 2nd table with drawers--interesting how Celebrity decided to stack them instead (and then placed the lamp on top of all that).

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. This will be our cabin in 5 weeks for 14 days going to New England and Canada. We had 9197 in 2010 for the same trip. We enjoyed this cabin very much and we are very lucky to be able to get another corner aft room.

Since then I see from your pictures that they have added new balcony furniture and television's. Very nice.

Thanks again, you got me in the mood to start packing. Can't wait.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures. This will be our cabin in 5 weeks for 14 days going to New England and Canada. We had 9197 in 2010 for the same trip. We enjoyed this cabin very much and we are very lucky to be able to get another corner aft room.

Since then I see from your pictures that they have added new balcony furniture and television's. Very nice.

Thanks again, you got me in the mood to start packing. Can't wait.

It was fun to see "our" cabin from 1 1/2 years ago since it was Solsticized. Balcony furniture is much nicer! Flat screens look so much less retro! The room in those cabins! And those corner balconies! I hope to someday snag one of these six cabins again, though it's all luck and timing if there are just two of you. We are doing the bigger aft aqua class on the new deck on our next Summit cruise, but it will never compare.

Great pictures. We were below you in 7202. I couldn't see up to you! In the morning after we got up I push the sofa bed half closed so we could walk to the balcony. I don't remember having that area in our hallway to put our luggage, don't think I missed it. I just looked again, our hallway was definitely different than yours. We had panels that you could hear water flushing through. We just put it at the bottom of closets. My son loved sleeping in the other room!

Only issue we had was the shower started leaking and it never got fixed all week. I told the steward the last night again and he said it all had to come out to be fixed. I assume it's still leaking this week.

Edited by DPurcell58

9156 has been my favorite cabin! We were lucky enough to have it twice for just 2 of us. and then 8181the following year. I am spoiled! I had the op to get one of these again, but we have been enticed to try Aqua, and snagged one of the large afts on the Summit, but I am very afraid that it won't compare to the corner FOV! Has anyone out there experienced both??????? any comments? Will I be dissapointed not having that great balcony? We are healthy eaters and love the spa, so trying Aqua seemed the right move, (trying something new) but may regret not having the FOV! I can still change, should I? FYI, we live on the balcony!

Since they only make the beds up at night I guess it doesnt matter that its tricky to negotiate.

Looks wonderful...I love your shots of the bridge in SFO, what an amazing view!

Since the OP was on Summit, I think that was the Verazzano Bridge in New York...EM

9156 has been my favorite cabin! We were lucky enough to have it twice for just 2 of us. and then 8181the following year. I am spoiled! I had the op to get one of these again, but we have been enticed to try Aqua, and snagged one of the large afts on the Summit, but I am very afraid that it won't compare to the corner FOV! Has anyone out there experienced both??????? any comments? Will I be dissapointed not having that great balcony? We are healthy eaters and love the spa, so trying Aqua seemed the right move, (trying something new) but may regret not having the FOV! I can still change, should I? FYI, we live on the balcony!
No question go for the FOV, we tried Aqua on the Solstice and were not impressed. The rooms and balconies are not any larger than regular cabins.We have the FOV 9156 in 3 weeks and I wouldn't even consider trading for an Aqua.We also live on the balcony. Edited by teajak

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting these pics. This cabin came available not long before our sailing, so being able to see all these pics to help make the decision was invaluable.

Paying it forward, I've got a Photosynth of the balcony here for anyone who wants to get an idea of the size, and how much of a view you really get with the corner FV rooms:

http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=c7ad1339-6a67-47b9-84c7-1960facb41b8

We really enjoyed this room (especially the balcony) last week :)

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting these pics. This cabin came available not long before our sailing, so being able to see all these pics to help make the decision was invaluable.

Paying it forward, I've got a Photosynth of the balcony here for anyone who wants to get an idea of the size, and how much of a view you really get with the corner FV rooms:

http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=c7ad1339-6a67-47b9-84c7-1960facb41b8

We really enjoyed this room (especially the balcony) last week :)

I'm going to check out your photosynth now! I'm so glad you bumped this - we have 9197 on our next cruise (same room as this but on the opposite side of the ship). I see us spending a lot of time on that balcony. We have never taken advantage of room service before but we plan to eat breakfast from room service on our veranda every morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Summit in FV 8181 last week. Mirror image of 9156 I think, just on deck 8. It was a great cabin with lots of space and storage. Even with 3 teens, it worked out. I was bummed a little that our access to the balcony was limited when the beds were made up. Our teens slept until 10 a.m. - so much for early morning coffee on the deck!

We liked the long entrance hall - we used it as a dressing room when needed.