is Legend getting refurbished

Jasonmom

I'm thinking of a European Cruise in the Spring on Legend. I read on another thread that the Legend is getting refurbished before going to Europe. What does anyone know about this? What does it really mean to be refurbished?

She's getting the 2.0 upgrades sometime in 2013. Refurbished means to renovate the ship to brand new again' date=' usually replace wore out stuff, but sometimes cruise lines add in new features to ships.

[b']Not sure if the Legend is getting all of these but the Carnival Liberty got[/b] Alchemy Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, DJ IRIE, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Hasbro Game Show, Library Bar, Playlist Productions Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez and RedFrog Rum Bar.

http://www.mommymusings.com/carnival-fun-ship-2-0-upgrade-schedule-phase-1/

I thought she was going to be refurbished and get some of the upgrades too but there is nothing scheduled and there is no time while she is in Europe as all of the weeks have scheduled sailings, as far as I know, and I have been told that there will be no refurbishment.

Just checked and the Legend will go into drydock from January 19, 2014 to February 2, 2014 so that will be after she returns from Europe and during her regular Tampa Western cruises. Her last one was February, 2011. So, nothing new for her European cruises.

We are going to be on her next fall for a B2B in Europe with the TA to Tampa. We had read that she was going to get the upgrades next year and were so excited. A few weeks ago John Heald was listing all of the ships that were getting upgrades next year and the Legend was not on the list. When asked he said the Legend was not on the list for 2013. So bummed....

I was thinking most of the upgrades were just new ways to spend money:confused:;):o:p:confused:.

I'm not exactly sure what the Fun2.0 upgrades include.

We've been on the Spirit & Pride back in early 2000s and they were our favorite ships/cruises ever. Am hoping the Legend (same class right?) is very similar.

• 4 weeks later...

As I have pointed out recently, Legend is not scheduled for the 2.0 upgrades at any point in 2013. I am bummed because I was really hoping that she would have some of the upgrades for our Europe cruise, but we didn't pick the ship for the upgrades. It just means I'll need to make sure to pick one that has for our 2014 cruise, likely the Legend after the upgrade or the Conquest based on the itineraries that we'd want to do.

Archived