Glory to get Scenic Ocean View Rooms During Drydock

MNelson486

Hello All!

I was diligently checking my fare viewer this AM, when I noticed that all of a sudden the Glory was showing having 6K and 6J categories, which did not exist earlier.

I read these boards so I know about the problems that one person had with these rooms on the Conquest (they were not completed during dry dock so the people who were called to upgrade to them had no trip!)

I called Carnival and the person I talked to said they know nothing other then what they read on the screens and that she is showing a 6K available. I told her I did not want that room and had concerns it was a mistake, and she said I knew more about it then her! (I also tried to get her to price match to it, but she would not)!

Anyway -- I tell you this so you anyone on the Glory can beware! (at least for a week or two -- and then Sweet -- cause I really love the look of those scenic ocean views)!

Missy

good luck with trying to get that cabin. When we first were looking a cruise we were checking out the valor-- that cabin was not available for any sailings through May.

I gave up and moved to the Glory. If i was sailing in the first 2-3 weeks after the dry dock I would not book that cabin-

good luck with trying to get that cabin. When we first were looking a cruise we were checking out the valor-- that cabin was not available for any sailings through May.
Most likely because Valor hasn't been through the 2.0 drydock yet, so those cabin categories do not exist?

Most likely because Valor hasn't been through the 2.0 drydock yet, so those cabin categories do not exist?

They do exist on Valor, pictures have been posted on CC. Cabins only on front of ship, Lido(?) deck, where they eliminated the "secret" walkway. Floor to ceiling windows give awesome views.

And now the cabins will also exist of Conquest and Glory!

I just did a mock booking on the Glory for Feb of 2013, and in addition to the front facing cabins on Lido, they are showing the two captain's suites as well. When you try to book them, the web site crashes, but...

Kevin C

They do exist on Valor, pictures have been posted on CC. Cabins only on front of ship, Lido(?) deck, where they eliminated the "secret" walkway. Floor to ceiling windows give awesome views.

I was just gonna ask what the difference was. Those sound amazing.

My friends booked 9198 on the Valor and it was one of those floor-to-ceiling window rooms at the front of the ship. We went to see it and let me tell you: I will DEFINITELY book a cruise and be in one of those rooms. The room is STUNNING. It has an electronic "window shade" of sorts that covers the whole window. One night our friends left it open and all night they were able to gaze at the stars because the sky was completely clear and star-studded.

Oy... I want to book one of those rooms SO BAD.

NOTE: It comes with ONE chair (dumb). They asked for a second one and one was delivered to them. We felt no motion... it was a LOVELY room. First time I've ever had room envy!

That's not true. The Valor has two of the category 6k and 4 cat 6j cabins. All the way forward on the lido deck. I am booked into one for my cruise in 2014.

there are photos of the 9200 located on this site

if you google carnival valor 9200 it will bring you to a posting that includes photos.

9200 sleeps'4 people and i would bet a booking for two will not be allowed

I just booked Room 9200 on the Conquest for Oct 27th 2013th. Conquest is fresh out of the 2.0 upgrades. The rooms wernt highlighted online as available rooms so then I called my carnival pvp and she said that they are available. I think the only way they were still available is cause I booked so early and people are just now finding out about these rooms and wernt aware that the Conquest was getting them. 9200 is a senic Grand Ocean view which Has more than one floor to ceiling window.

if you google carnival valor 9200 it will bring you to a posting that includes photos.

I booked room 9200 on the Conquest with only two people

I had my carnival girl triple check to see if it was going to allow us to book that room only being two people in a 4 person capable room and she said yup that I could. I have all the paperwork stating that the room is mine. It could be diffrent on other cruises. But this early on mine it was fine.

I am booked in 9200 and it's just us 2 for my Valor sailing. PVP said there would be no problem.

Hmmm. I'm in a 4J on the 12/02 sailing of the Glory. . . Is this going to cause issues?

It depends on what deck you're on. If you are on deck 9 (Lido), you will probably be upgraded to one of these awesome rooms for no extra charge. We had booked a floor-to-ceiling window room on Conquest, but then they were converted to balconies before we sailed. We got to keep the balcony for no extra charge.

If you booked and are needing a handicapped room, I'm not sure if any of these new rooms are HC or not. If not, they will probably need to upgrade you to one (for no charge of course). But that may be just a standard oceanview room, as that would be an upgrade from a 4J.

If you booked a 4J on any other deck, nothing will be different. Those will remain the same.

I booked room 9200 on the Conquest with only two people

interesting. can they move you if the ship is sailing full?

I know there are a few cabins that carnival will not allow 2 people to book and if they do allow the cabins to be booked people should be told they could be moved.

here are pictures of this cabin

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28373379&postcount=18

Edited by serene56

after a little more research and a few calls-- seems there is conflicting information.

Some say the cabin only holds 2 people-- others say it holds 4 with a pull out sofa--not a convertible bed.

I called carnival to book this cabin today. I was not allowed to book with 2 people. the agent said all these cabins hold 4 people.

I was able to book 9200 for 3 people with a disclaimer that if the ship sails full I will be asked to move.

I called carnival to book this cabin today. I was not allowed to book with 2 people. the agent said all these cabins hold 4 people.

I was able to book 9200 for 3 people with a disclaimer that if the ship sails full I will be asked to move.

On which ship?