Breeze review December 16th-22nd 2012

amscene1

My review of carnival breeze December 16-22 2012

I am 27 years old and my DGF is 24 years old.

Here's our take...

Day 1 leaving miami!

Boarding:

Got to the pier at 2pm, carnival garage was full had to park in ncl it's quite a walk with carry on bags (100 rolling pounds) once inside I was on the ship in 10 minutes. That was a new record.

Lobby/entrance: decor is not typical of a carnival ship although it is what carnival should be in the present time. The main entrance feels cramped to me, even smaller but newer than a fantasy class ship. I think they should have expanded the width of the opening of the atrium like *the Disney ships.

Note: alcohol is pushed harder than ever before on the new breeze, but I expected that!

MDR: service was slow as everyone says but not bad. I'm sure they are working on it. Food was above average compared to fantasy class ships, I was impressed.

Room service: took 1 hour the first night, we ordered at midnight. Ordering through the tv is awesome, you can order food, beer and wine.

Room: cove balcony is cool, it was smaller then a regular balcony on Disney, AC was horrible and never kept the room cool, annoying as I like to sleep in a cold room, I kept waking up sweaty. *Also toilet seat is very uncomfortable, it's a larger than average bowl with a very thin seat that's curved, and it's a pain in the butt!

Day 2 at sea

Room service 11:30 am: ordered coffee, took 45 minutes.

Guys burgers: 10 minute line, very good as everyone says.

Cucina del capitano: service was slow and confused. Appetizer of calamari was just ok. Chicken parm was tender but red sauce was sweet. Short ribs were very dry. For dessert we had the "magic tiramisu"

This dessert had way to much rum flavor.

5d theater: this was decent for kids I thought. The attraction opened 15 min late due to a crew member over sleeping.

Room service ordered at 830 pm arrived at 9:25pm

Show: (divas) was by far the worst show I have ever seen on a cruise ship. I really was angry about this, don't get me wrong the use of technology was great but the quality of performance from the singers was way beyond deplorable. *

Day 3. Grand turk

We did not get off in grand turk, from the ship it looked like an excursion island only, it was very small and the line was always long to get back on due to the short stay.

Mongolian wok: waited in line for a solid hour. Food was extremely spicy for a cruise, I liked it but my DGF did not. Although I would not wait that long for it again.

Bonsai sushi: 5 min wait but very very good maybe one of the best shrimp tempura rolls I have ever had!

Day 4. Falmoth Jamaica

Breakfast: 1 min line very good enough said

Falmoth Jamaica: had to wait until 12:30 to walk off otherwise a half hour line. Walked past the tourist scam shops in to the city, worse than Nassau with ppl hustling everything they would not leave us alone. Once to a restarunt "falmoth food court" all was ok, although it was an hour wait to get food. This was better and faster then on the ship. Lol

Steakhouse Fahrenheit 555: bread was warm and soft app was very good (shrimp cocktail) cowboy steak was cooked perfectly although very fatty. I will get the filet next time. Dessert was great as well. Defiantly worth the $35 pp charge.

Li quid nightclub: very nice ambiance and lighting although it was dead. I would try again during later hours.

Piano bar 88: guitar solos was going on, it was well done great music!!!

Pizza pirate: pizza maker does not listen to order, they ignore you and then *serve random 2 slices and everyone just takes it, because they are drunk anyway. *Annoying!

Day 5, second day at sea

Went to guys burgers at 2p.m. Was dead so we got a burger real quick. Did not try the BBQ place due to a long line in to the ship.

Room service: ordered at 5:55 arrived at 6:05 (random I know)

Fitness center: great equipment all state of the art!

Day 6 Nassau: Pretty much tried everything on the ship by now so I chose bonsai sushi for dinner and a regular buffet lunch on lido, went to bed early for an early morning back to reality.

Debarkation: simple and fast great job carnival!!

Overall this is a great cruise but the lines and amount of people is a little bit more overwhelming than the fantasy class ships, the only other cruise I can compare this to (ship size ) is the Disney dream witch exceeds breeze in every category. I felt a lot less cramped on the Disney ship. (Yes I know it's a lot more money)

Sooooo......

I think my best option for the next 5-7 day cruise will be with celebrity (solstice class) *witch I imagine being similar to the Disney dream and halfway in between the Disney and carnival price.

We did not get off in grand turk, from the ship it looked like an excursion island only, it was very small and the line was always long to get back on due to the short stay.

This kind of made me laugh! I think you made a bad decision on this one. Grand Turk is one of my favorite ports! You can enjoy the huge pool at Margaritaville absolutely free... or swim in the warm ocean water at the beach that is literally less than a five minute walk from the ship's gangway. Because Carnival owns the entire area, you never ever get hassled by somebody trying to sell you a taxi ride, or offering to braid your hair, or selling trinkets.

We're doing back-to-back cruises on the Breeze this Spring and one of the reasons I chose that cruise is because we'll be visiting Grand Turk twice during the two weeks!

Next time you cruise to somewhere you've never been before... be brave, get off the ship, and explore!

I think you missed a little slice of paradise at Grand Turk.

Archived