Please watch your kids in the pool

Ex techie

My only hope is that firstly the child survives, and secondly it is a reminder that although it is a Disney ship, horrible, terrible accidents like this can still happen regardless.

No lifeguards so please watch your kids in the pool. It could happen to any parent, so please no comments in reference to the parents care, just good wishes should anyone wish to express them.

ex techie

I have been following the Disboard thread too. The comments about the lack of lifeguards bothers me a bit. Accidents happen all the time even in the presence of lifeguards. I think that parents sometimes have a false sense of security when lifeguards are stationed at a swimming venue, and may tend to relax their own vigilance.

Ragardless, my thoughts and prayers are with the family.

I think you are mistaken, Host Mick. The boy who "passed" drowned at Disneyworld last month. He was in the pool at Pop Century.

The boy from the Fantasy is still alive, according to the Sentinel. Let us pray he remains so.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I think you are mistaken, Host Mick. The boy who "passed" drowned at Disneyworld last month. He was in the pool at Pop Century.

The boy from the Fantasy is still alive, according to the Sentinel. Let us pray he remains so.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

I'm glad to be wrong. I read it too fast.

Lifeguards are not always the answer and parents can get a false sense of security. My kids have been lifeguards for years and it is a very difficult job especially when crowded. Some parents use them as babysitters. It only takes a second for a toddler to go under and panic. I do not mean to insinuate that the parents were negligent in this tragedy but want to make people aware of the limitations of lifeguards. Lets hope for an Easter miracle for this child and family and not placing blame.

How sad. Stable doesn't often mean much. We got off the Fantasy yesterday and avoided all the pools. It's a disaster and gross. My son did try one for 5 minutes until he says he saw a turd float by. There is no way I would trust a lifeguard there either. Once the pool is cloudy, good luck. Ick.

This little boy and his family were in my Easter prayers this morning.

I really hope DCL uses this as a wake up call. I know there is a big difference between the Fantasy and Dream pools, but the Dream pools were outright dangerous on our cruise. Way too many kids, and even when I was in the pool with my boys, it was very difficult to supervise them properly. IMNSHO they need to do something to make the pools safer: enforce capacity restrictions, have extra supervision, whatever, but the status quo is only going to result in more tragedies.

Most cruiselines do not have lifegaurds on their ships. It is totally the parents responsiblity to watch their children. Like other posters have stated before - sometimes parents take for granted that lifeguards will only be watching thier children when in fact there are too many other factors involved. Pools on cruise ships are just too small. All cruise lines not just Disney!

How sad. Stable doesn't often mean much. We got off the Fantasy yesterday and avoided all the pools. It's a disaster and gross. My son did try one for 5 minutes until he says he saw a turd float by. There is no way I would trust a lifeguard there either. Once the pool is cloudy, good luck. Ick.

I do not believe you would post such a thing on such a somber board. Prayers to this little boy and his family.

sad sad case... but hopefully we all pray he'll recover.

We ALL need to be willing to help, "dive in" if necessary, and most importantly, help young parents today be aware that kids will always be kids and that our collective oversight is what's important. We all hope the family will have many cruises ahead!

The pools are so busy, with so many people hanging around the sides. As parents you must be in the pool with your child when they swim. It is so easy for an accident in water to happen... My thoughts and prayers are with this family and I hope the child recovers fully.

Parents please remember how dangerous busy pools are and how little children love them.. Let's not have this happen to anyone else..:(

I am aquainted with a cousin of the family. I can't add to what is posted here, other than to say the child is still fighting for life and please, please keep praying, for the child, the family, and the people involved in the rescue. It is tough for everyone even those of you reading about it. Life can change so fast! <><

I am aquainted with a cousin of the family. I can't add to what is posted here, other than to say the child is still fighting for life and please, please keep praying, for the child, the family, and the people involved in the rescue. It is tough for everyone even those of you reading about it. Life can change so fast! <><

Thanks for the update. I'll pray for the child and the family.

Archived