Room for nightlight / inside stateroom bathroom on Norwegian Jade?

mikeerdas

Is there any room for a typical dollar-store type plug-in nightlight in current Norwegian Jade inside stateroom cabins? Since it's often so dark in inside staterooms, I often find myself wishing I'd brought a nightlight for the bathroom. Think I finally brought one with me while on the Carnival Dream. But the way the outlet was configured in our cabin's bathroom, the nightlight wouldn't fit. Guess I would have needed to bring an extension cord.

Also wondering how many overall power outlets there are in a typical inside stateroom and if I should bring a 1-to-3 plug-in outlet extender.

Finally, although I imagine the power outlets in the Norwegian Jade are still U.S. style (voltage and plug type), do Germany and Italy both use the two rounded plug "continental style"? So that any international / dual voltage devices will work with the same plug adapter? Doing a pre-cruise trip in Germany for a Venice-based Greek Isles cruise and wondering what to expect for recharging devices.

I found this tip on CC a few days ago and it makes so much sense. Get a battery operated votive candle from the dollar store and put that on at night in the bathroom. It will sit on a shelf or on the basin counter and will illuminate enough without having to turn the light on. You also won't be left in the dark (pun intended :D) if you don't have an electrical outlet in the bathroom.

Italy and Germany have the same kind of round pin plugs so no need to worry about more than one adapter.

I find leaving the light in the bathroom on and just leaving the bathroom door open a couple of inches provides more illumination without disturbing my sleep. That works for NCL cabins at night but may not work for your pre cruise hotel rooms. I heard that the walls are thin in those rooms and you might want to get some ear plugs especially if your neighbors are romantic or combative or both.

I found this tip on CC a few days ago and it makes so much sense. Get a battery operated votive candle from the dollar store and put that on at night in the bathroom. It will sit on a shelf or on the basin counter and will illuminate enough without having to turn the light on. You also won't be left in the dark (pun intended :D) if you don't have an electrical outlet in the bathroom.

Italy and Germany have the same kind of round pin plugs so no need to worry about more than one adapter.

This is exactly what we do. Takes up very little space.

Awesome idea- thanks!

Night Lights

Shipboard cabins...especially inside cabins...can be very dark at night.

An easy to transport solution to this problem is an electroluminescent night-light. These are lightweight and have no bulb to worry about breaking or replacing.

Thesye are rather inexpensive and since they don't use a bulb....you don't have to remember to turn them "on" or "off".

They are available in most stores where you would purchase a night-light.

If you are not sure what they look like, this is an electroluminescent night light:

pACE-988682reg.jpg

On a Jewel Class ship, there is a plug in the cubby directly across from the bathroom door...this is a perfect spot for this night light as it concentrates the light on the doorknob to the bathroom...just what you need to find in the dark!

Thanks to all for the great ideas--would never have thought of the dollar store votive battery candles (already have some on hand). Will the battery really last for a 7 night cruise if we turn it off each morning? Maybe bring two of them? Or a three-pack? Especially great if I encounter problems with finding an easily accessible outlet in the stateroom bathroom.

Also love the electroluminescent bulbless idea. Maybe I could try both ideas and see which I prefer.

Think we've tried to leave the light on in various inside stateroom cabins. But it was either often too bright or the bathroom door wouldn't stay open.

Thanks also for advice on the Italy/Germany plugs being the same two rounded prong ones. Now I've got to check if I have more than one so we can charge multiple devices.

Speaking of which... will I need an outlet splitter for a Norwegian Jade inside stateroom? In other words, is there only a single accessible outlet in the main cabin? Or are there at least two outlines in the main cabin?

Thanks to all for the great ideas--would never have thought of the dollar store votive battery candles (already have some on hand). Will the battery really last for a 7 night cruise if we turn it off each morning? Maybe bring two of them? Or a three-pack? Especially great if I encounter problems with finding an easily accessible outlet in the stateroom bathroom.

Also love the electroluminescent bulbless idea. Maybe I could try both ideas and see which I prefer.

Think we've tried to leave the light on in various inside stateroom cabins. But it was either often too bright or the bathroom door wouldn't stay open.

Thanks also for advice on the Italy/Germany plugs being the same two rounded prong ones. Now I've got to check if I have more than one so we can charge multiple devices.

Speaking of which... will I need an outlet splitter for a Norwegian Jade inside stateroom? In other words, is there only a single accessible outlet in the main cabin? Or are there at least two outlines in the main cabin?

I think I am on my same battery-operated lights and this is about the 10th cruise that I have used them on.

Wow! No worries there then. :-) Gotta love LED lighting.

Only think that sucks is the cost of the replacement batteries. I just toss the candles away and buy more at the Dollar Tree - cheaper than the batteries. Also, if you have a balcony, it provides a nice ambiance at night.

Is there any room for a typical dollar-store type plug-in nightlight in current Norwegian Jade inside stateroom cabins? Since it's often so dark in inside staterooms, I often find myself wishing I'd brought a nightlight for the bathroom. Think I finally brought one with me while on the Carnival Dream. But the way the outlet was configured in our cabin's bathroom, the nightlight wouldn't fit. Guess I would have needed to bring an extension cord.

Also wondering how many overall power outlets there are in a typical inside stateroom and if I should bring a 1-to-3 plug-in outlet extender.

Finally, although I imagine the power outlets in the Norwegian Jade are still U.S. style (voltage and plug type), do Germany and Italy both use the two rounded plug "continental style"? So that any international / dual voltage devices will work with the same plug adapter? Doing a pre-cruise trip in Germany for a Venice-based Greek Isles cruise and wondering what to expect for recharging devices.

Forget the highlights. Pick up a battery operated Pucklight. You can buy one that's 3-way. Also, pick up a power cord with about 4 outlets.

Don't know about about adapters.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to all.

How many outlets are available in a typical Inside Stateroom on the Norwegian Jade? Wasn't planning on bringing an outlet strip / splitter unless I had to.

Did purchase an electroluminescent nightlight like the one pictured in a photo in this thread and am definitely bringing that to try out.

@WarmBreezes, didn't see any link for the item you mentioned.

@Mabones, thanks for the additional option. Think I may stay with one electroluminescent and two dollar store tea lights to see if I like these.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived