Just off the Breeze today

jazzlover04

We just arrived home from the Carnival Breeze, lots of ups, very little down. I will updated with commentary and pics soon

Looking forward to hearing all about it!....oh and the pics too of course ;)

Yay! Cant wait to read your review. We go next month!! :D

I have a quick question, can you tell me what movies they were showing at night on the Lido?

t

John Carter, MIB3, Notting Hill, Zookeeper, Gnomeo and Juliet, Viva Las Vegas, Jailhouse Rock, The Amazing Spiderman.

I am having horrible luck posting pics. I will upload them to my Flickr page. I will write a review here anyway.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29345761@N06/

My wife and I drove to Miami and stayed at the Element at the Miami Airport. The hotel was great, beautiful inside and out. We purchased the Park and Cruise package, which we had to book online. It also provided a free shuttle to the port and a free local shuttle for destinations within 3 miles of the hotel. We chose not to use it and drove instead to The Catch, a local restaurant recommended by the hotel. Excellent choice.

The shuttle picked us up at around 11:30, I believed it held a total of 12-15 people,no problems on the way. We arrived at the port and checked our bags and received our sign and sail cards and attempted to board, but we got held up because one of the assistants told us we didn't need our zone card, don't forget your zone card! It was a ten minute wait, tops, not really a big deal.

We proceeded straight to the Lido deck and got our first drinks and burritos from the Blue Iguana, nice! After hanging out for a few minutes I decided to check on our cabin. We had a balcony cabin room number 8316. I found our cabin steward working on our room and he said that it would be ready in about 10 minutes. I think we were in our cabin around 1:30 I left and came back with my wife and the room was indeed ready. We dropped our carry ons off and went exploring. I forgot to mention while waiting I got on the water slides. They were both fantastic. The yellow one is longer and ends in a splash. The orange one is shorter, but faster, we both felt as if we were going to fly off the ship.

While exploring I took many photos which you will find on my flickr page.

We chose anytime dining, it went off without a hitch. We never had to wait. And we sat next to a different couple every night we went, which was 3 nights. Nothing spectacular about the food, it was average to good every night, just as I expected.

We tried Tandoor, Blue Iguana, Lido Marketplace, Fahrenheit 555, Cucina del Capitano, Pirate Pizza, Guys Burger Joint, Fat Jimmy's BBQ. If I were to rate them, I give the edge to Tandoor, I love Indian cuisine, Fat Jimmy's, 555 as the best. Guys was good, not great. You have to ask for extra fries if you like them. They are very conservative with them. I forgot Red Frog Pub. Good food, not great.

On to the cruise. We had dinner in the Sapphire dinning room, interesting to say the least. One couple would not talk, another would not stop, but only because the lady in the couple was complaining throughout the entire meal, yet she ordered nearly every entree on the menu, and ate 90% of it. Amazing! We did meet a nice couple on the other side of us. They were easy to talk to and interesting in a good way.

Monday was a sea day, it was a relaxing day for us. It was also the first elegant night. The meaning of that had changed over the years. Carnival is very liberal with the dress code in the dinning rooms. My wife and I felt over dressed. After dinner we caught the best band and singer I have every witnessed on a cruise ship. The band is the Love Souljaz, and the lead singer Consuela Ivy was incredible. Too bad that this was her last cruise for awhile, she was at the end of her 6 months. We caught game 7 of the Miami/Indiana series on the big screen on the Lido deck. Nice atmosphere, it was a predominately Miami Heat crowd.

First stop for us was Grand Turk. We decided to hang out on the beach until our appointment for our massages at 10 with Oceanscapes spa. Latoya was my masseus and my point of contact by email to book this experience. We chose the couples massage for 60 minutes each. I have lower back issues sometimes. It was tight before Latoya got a hold of it. She is a magician! I have been going to a chiropractor for about 6 months. He never made me feel the way she did. My back feels the best its felt in months. I highly recommend her. They are very thorough from fingertips to pinkie toes. After that we went to Margaritaville, madhouse. We watched a few people nearly kill themselves on the Flowrider, then we got a few souvenirs and walked along the beach to where I had heard about a Conch shell "graveyard". Some of the shells are imbedded in the rocks along the shore and appear to be fossilized, further down there is an area covered with shells. Some broken, others whole, some seeming fossilized, I managed to find a couple of huge ones in great shape.

That is it for now. I will pick it up here later. I will continue to post pictures on my flickr page. I will try and answer any questions you may have.

Where in Grand Turks is

the sea shell graveyard you mentioned?

Off the ship to the right. It is a workout though since the sand is so soft. Its about a 5 minute walk.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Our next stop was Ocho Rios, we booked the river tubing. If you are afraid of heights, this trip is not for you. We traveled uphill for most of the ride. It was a 40 minute ride I do believe. We had a group of 22. Once we got to the starting point there were locals there to try and sell you souvenirs. The one item I wished I had bought was a water camera. The river was cool and lazy moving most of the trip down. There were a few exciting rapids. It probably took an hour to make it down. I was amazed at the size of the bamboo on the banks. We had two great guides who were very friendly and helpful, as I found most of the locals to be. I found the gift shop the best place for souvenirs. They were reasonably priced and of good quality. Not the paper thin average souvenir t-shirts. We stopped at the Taj Mahal shopping center for more shopping. This is where it can be a bit overwhelming for those not used to the high pressure sales tactics. You must demand them to give you prices on items because they are always going to over price them at the register if you don't. If they won't give you a price just walk out and don't let them intimidate you. After that we grabbed some local food at the entrance of the shopping area. Sorry I don't remember the name. I had a Red Stripe my wife, rum punch. She ordered jerk chicken, I ordered the Esco. fish with bread fruit. Wonderful! I was jealous of the chicken that my wife had so on the way back to the ship we stopped at a road side grill and grabbed a 1/4 of chicken with a slice of bread, it was the most tender meat I ate all week. We stopped at a liquor store on the way so that I could get the rum I wanted. I learned a way I never thought about to get liquor on the ship. Let's just say you need a water bottle and a nice sales assistant to help you out.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Archived