Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > British Isles/Western Europe

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

British Isles/Western Europe Amsterdam, Brugge, Dublin, Edinburgh, London (Dover, Harwich, Southampton)

Old August 2nd, 2013, 05:22 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Harwich cruise shuttle

I've been looking for ways of getting from Central London to Harwich for our cruise, and came across this bus service called Harwich Cruise Shuttle. The prices seemed fairly reasonable. Does anybody have any information pro or con about this service Thanks

Old August 3rd, 2013, 03:59 AM
10,000+ Club

What was the pricing? I would also consider taking the train from Liverpool Street Station to Harwich.

Old August 3rd, 2013, 05:54 AM
5,000+ Club

Guessing this is the one operated by International Friends (& promoted by London Toolkit) at £59.
http://www.internationalfriends.co.u...transfers.html

A recently-introduced hotel-to-ship service operated by an established & reputable coach operator. You can book with confidence.
London-to-Harwich isn't their best cruise transfer because of the time constraints & the lack of worthwhile places to visit on the way to Harwich. No sight-seeing on the way, but a useful stop at a superstore to stock up on wine, sodas, etc.

A better bet than ship-sponsored transfer (unless your hotel is right by Victoria coach station), & possibly better than the train unless your hotel is convenient to Liverpool Street station. Both coach & train drop you right by the ship.

Their tour-transfers from Southampton or Dover to London are much better for folk arriving at those ports, because they offer excellent sightseeing options on the way.

JB

Last edited by John Bull; August 3rd, 2013 at 05:57 AM.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Question Harwich Cruise Bus

John Bull,

I hope that you are still lurking on this thread.

You said:

Quote:
Guessing this is the one operated by International Friends (& promoted by London Toolkit) at £59.
http://www.internationalfriends.co.u...transfers.html

A recently-introduced hotel-to-ship service operated by an established & reputable coach operator. You can book with confidence.
London-to-Harwich isn't their best cruise transfer because of the time constraints & the lack of worthwhile places to visit on the way to Harwich. No sight-seeing on the way, but a useful stop at a superstore to stock up on wine, sodas, etc.

A better bet than ship-sponsored transfer (unless your hotel is right by Victoria coach station), & possibly better than the train unless your hotel is convenient to Liverpool Street station. Both coach & train drop you right by the ship.
I searched for posts on Harwich Cruise Bus and came across your post. Are your comments still valid? I investigated options for LHR hotel to Harwich transfer after late evening arrival at LHR and overnight at Premier Inn M4. Train is not an option for us. Your comments about this being better than the ship transfer, at least for my case, since it doesn't require going back to LHR Arrivals , make sense to me. And I thought the superstore stop was useful. The only alternative I found, other than private car service which I think is overkill for this situation, was silverfleet shared minivan, and I thought a regular coach, though slower with all the pickups, would be preferable.

Comments? And my thanks in advance.

RCI Majesty - Western Caribbean 07/93; RCI Sun Viking - Alaska 07/95; Celebrity Galaxy - Southern Caribbean 10/97; RCI Vision - Panama Canal 11/99; RCI Grandeur - Canada/New England 09/01; HA Volendam - Southern Caribbean 10/03; RCI Jewel (favorite to date) - Eastern Caribbean 04/05; RCI Freedom - Western Caribbean 11/06; Princess Caribbean Princess - Canada/New England 09/08; AmaWaterways Amacello - Danube River 07/09; Princess Island Princess - Alaska 07/10; RCI Explorer - Canada/New England 09/11; RCI Serenade - Southern Caribbean 03/12; Celebrity Infinity - Norwegian Fjords 07/14

Last edited by DaveT65; February 23rd, 2014 at 12:16 AM. Reason: clarify wording

Old February 23rd, 2014, 02:15 AM
Cool Cruiser

Just to let you know, John Bull is away for several weeks.

Last edited by Cotswold Eagle; February 23rd, 2014 at 02:16 AM.

Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Cool Cruiser

£59 is pretty pricey. More than the direct train and a lot more than a traun with one change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app
Celebrity Eclipse - Iceland & Fjords July 2013
Adventure of the seas Transatlantic April 2013
Azura -Baltics May 2012
Ventura -Caribbean Jan 2012
Ventura -Med April 2011
Ventura -Caribbean Dec 2010
Azura -Med May 2010
Independence of the Seas -Med April 2009

Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:49 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveT65 View Post

I searched for posts on Harwich Cruise Bus and came across your post. Are your comments still valid? I investigated options for LHR hotel to Harwich transfer after late evening arrival at LHR and overnight at Premier Inn M4. Train is not an option for us. Your comments about this being better than the ship transfer, at least for my case, since it doesn't require going back to LHR Arrivals , make sense to me. And I thought the superstore stop was useful. The only alternative I found, other than private car service which I think is overkill for this situation, was silverfleet shared minivan, and I thought a regular coach, though slower with all the pickups, would be preferable.

Comments? And my thanks in advance.
The Harwich cruise shuttle information can be found on London Toolkit's site:
http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/...n_shuttle.html

We were initially planning to take the bus, but we are now planning on sharing a private transfer with some other cruisers that we have "met" on the roll call. If you have not done so, you could check in on the roll call and see if there are others in need of a transfer from the city.

Mike

Past: Caribbean via
Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas
Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

Old March 7th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question British Cruise Transfers?

Does anyone here have experience with britishcruisetransfers.co.uk? Their pricing showing on their web site for a private car transfer, Heathrow to Harwich, is much less than virtually all other car services. 110+ GBP versus 150+ GBP. That is competitive with shared shuttle or Harwich Cruise Bus.

RCI Majesty - Western Caribbean 07/93; RCI Sun Viking - Alaska 07/95; Celebrity Galaxy - Southern Caribbean 10/97; RCI Vision - Panama Canal 11/99; RCI Grandeur - Canada/New England 09/01; HA Volendam - Southern Caribbean 10/03; RCI Jewel (favorite to date) - Eastern Caribbean 04/05; RCI Freedom - Western Caribbean 11/06; Princess Caribbean Princess - Canada/New England 09/08; AmaWaterways Amacello - Danube River 07/09; Princess Island Princess - Alaska 07/10; RCI Explorer - Canada/New England 09/11; RCI Serenade - Southern Caribbean 03/12; Celebrity Infinity - Norwegian Fjords 07/14

Old March 7th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Cool Cruiser

Question Silver Fleet shared shuttle?

I should have asked in my previous post:

Any comments on silver-fleet.co.uk shared shuttles? They are priced the same as the Harwich Cruise Bus.

Old April 26th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJL View Post
The Harwich cruise shuttle information can be found on London Toolkit's site:
http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/...n_shuttle.html

We were initially planning to take the bus, but we are now planning on sharing a private transfer with some other cruisers that we have "met" on the roll call. If you have not done so, you could check in on the roll call and see if there are others in need of a transfer from the city.

Mike
Hi Mike - we did the same thing and got a group of Cruise Critic people to share a large van. I can't remember how much it cost us but the price was reasonable. Because we were all staying at different hotels they picked us all up and did not charge extra for the different stops.

Marion
Queen of Bermuda 6/62,Carnival Paradise 3/99,Renaissance 4 2/01,Summit 11/01,Millennium 2/02,Mercury 11/02,Star Princess 2/03,Zuiderdam 8/03,Century 10/03,Voyager of the Sea 2/04,Regal Princess - Alaska 7/04,Zaandam 12/04,Galaxy 9/05Infinity 1/06,Jewel of the Seas 8/06,Zenith 1/07,Adventurer of the Seas 9/07,Oceania Insignia TA 3/08,Solstice 11/08,NCL Jade 5/09,Diamond Princess-Alaska 8/09,Oceania Regatta TA 11/14/09,Oceania Marina TA 1/22/11,Oasis of the Seas 10/29/11,Oceania Marina 1/3/12,Amazara Journey TA 4/18/12,Carnival Breeze 10/1/12,Azamara Quest TA 11/13/13,NCL Epic 2/22/14,Avalon Visionary 5/24/14,Carnival Splendor 9/27/14-Canada/NewEngland, Celebrity Millennium 3/15/15 -Asia. Serenade of the Seas 6/6/2015 -Norway/Fjords