2 weeks left-help! Mr Sanchos or Paradise

mitsugirly

Which would you pick?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you pick?

• Paradise Beach
    • Mr Sanchos AI

I have narrowed my decisions down to either Mr Sanchos or Paradise (after months of searching and reading).

We leave in 2 weeks for our cruise and I have NEVER waited this long to figure out where to go and book something. :eek:

I really love all of the pictures that I see of Paradise. It looks like the perfect place to go. However, I have some questions:

1) There will be 7 ships in port the day we are there. I'm pretty sure that this will make it extremely crowded there right? They don't "limit" the amount of people there during the day right?

2) Do they have free wifi? If so, does it reach to the beach or only around a certain area, like the restaurant area?

3) I have read numerous reviews on TA that stated they have made people pay the $2 chair fee PLUS the $10 pp food charge upon entry or they wouldn't let them enter???

4) All the reviews I have read and the website says the water toys are $12, however, some have reported they charged them $14?

5) I noticed in several pictures there is a dock there. I don't recall anyone mentioning this in any reviews that I have read. What is this dock used for? Can you go to the end of it and is there snorkeling there? How deep is the water in that area?

6) Do they have parrots there? I seen some pictures of parrots and just wondering if they are still there? Do they let you hold them?

I was able to find a menu online for them and according to the pricing, I'm estimating what we would spend on food to be around $40-$50 Then factor in drinks...estimating maybe another $50. Adding in the chair price of $6, bringing the total to maybe around $100ish. So I'm thinking maybe we would spend less here than we would at Mr Sanchos, but the crowd is what's throwing me off a little.

Now Mr Sanchos. The more I look at this place, the more I like it. I do have them on my fb and for the longest time, all I ever seen them post were pictures of girls partying in their bikinis. That does NOT bother me one bit, but the amount of pictures like this just made me think this is nothing but a party place. I have a 5 year old, so I have to think responsibly and would rather not have her around people that might get a little out of control.

So on to some questions:

1) Is their food a buffet or not? This seems to be up for debate. Is it maybe a buffet AND you can also order off the menu?

2) What side are the water toys on? AI or pay as you go? I haven't decided whether or not to let my daughter do this. It would depend how hard they are to climb and if she would get use of them. I would much rather the toys to be on the other end of the AI so that if we decide not to do them, it won't be directly in her view the entire time.

3) I have seen pictures of parrots and iguanas. Can anyone confirm they still have these? Can you hold them?

4) Is there free wifi? Where at? Beach? Restaurant only?

5) I found some pictures that said there were statues and sculptures under the water. Is this there from the beach? Or is that a snorkeling tour they have?

6) I know it's a weird question, but I have seen a lot of pictures with people drinking from a pineapple. Is this included in the all-you-can-drink? Or is this extra?

Total cost would be $114.97 for the 3 of us with only $14.97 down. They will allow you to cancel no matter what the reason with a full refund. That's an added plus.

Open to suggestions or persuasions for either place. You guys that have read my reviews know what I like. Pick which you think would be best for us.

What would you like to see in my next review between the two? :D

I have narrowed my decisions down to either Mr Sanchos or Paradise (after months of searching and reading).

We leave in 2 weeks for our cruise and I have NEVER waited this long to figure out where to go and book something. :eek:

I really love all of the pictures that I see of Paradise. It looks like the perfect place to go. However, I have some questions:

1) There will be 7 ships in port the day we are there. I'm pretty sure that this will make it extremely crowded there right? They don't "limit" the amount of people there during the day right?

2) Do they have free wifi? If so, does it reach to the beach or only around a certain area, like the restaurant area?

3) I have read numerous reviews on TA that stated they have made people pay the $2 chair fee PLUS the $10 pp food charge upon entry or they wouldn't let them enter???

4) All the reviews I have read and the website says the water toys are $12, however, some have reported they charged them $14?

5) I noticed in several pictures there is a dock there. I don't recall anyone mentioning this in any reviews that I have read. What is this dock used for? Can you go to the end of it and is there snorkeling there? How deep is the water in that area?

6) Do they have parrots there? I seen some pictures of parrots and just wondering if they are still there? Do they let you hold them?

I was able to find a menu online for them and according to the pricing, I'm estimating what we would spend on food to be around $40-$50 Then factor in drinks...estimating maybe another $50. Adding in the chair price of $6, bringing the total to maybe around $100ish. So I'm thinking maybe we would spend less here than we would at Mr Sanchos, but the crowd is what's throwing me off a little.

Now Mr Sanchos. The more I look at this place, the more I like it. I do have them on my fb and for the longest time, all I ever seen them post were pictures of girls partying in their bikinis. That does NOT bother me one bit, but the amount of pictures like this just made me think this is nothing but a party place. I have a 5 year old, so I have to think responsibly and would rather not have her around people that might get a little out of control.

So on to some questions:

1) Is their food a buffet or not? This seems to be up for debate. Is it maybe a buffet AND you can also order off the menu? In November I did the AI and had choice of menu. I have read recently there is a buffet also but you can still choose off the menu

2) What side are the water toys on? AI or pay as you go? I haven't decided whether or not to let my daughter do this. It would depend how hard they are to climb and if she would get use of them. I would much rather the toys to be on the other end of the AI so that if we decide not to do them, it won't be directly in her view the entire time. You can access them from both areas but closer to the pay as you go.

3) I have seen pictures of parrots and iguanas. Can anyone confirm they still have these? Can you hold them? I never saw either of these but I wasn't looking ;)

4) Is there free wifi? Where at? Beach? Restaurant only? Yes, up at the main area (forget what they call it)

5) I found some pictures that said there were statues and sculptures under the water. Is this there from the beach? Or is that a snorkeling tour they have? Sorry, don't know about this

6) I know it's a weird question, but I have seen a lot of pictures with people drinking from a pineapple. Is this included in the all-you-can-drink? Or is this extra? All my drinks came in plastic cups

Total cost would be $114.97 for the 3 of us with only $14.97 down. They will allow you to cancel no matter what the reason with a full refund. That's an added plus.

Open to suggestions or persuasions for either place. You guys that have read my reviews know what I like. Pick which you think would be best for us.

What would you like to see in my next review between the two? :D

I also did Paradise Beach back in 2010 and I am a family of 5 and paid the $2 per chair plus the $12 for the kids to use the water toys. Between a few drinks and some appetizers, we spent well over $120 but it was cheaper then going to an AI.

I also did 4 adults in May to Mr. Sanchos pay as you go and for a few frozen drinks and a bucket of beer, we spent $40 not including tip. There was no additional charge for a chair and the Wifi was free. For the few hours we were there, we were happy with what we paid.

If I go back to Cozumel, I would go back to Mr. Sanchos. If I was there all day, I would do the AI, a few drinks and all you can eat (my kids ate alot too) makes it worth it. For a few hours, I would stick with the pay as you go.

Enjoy and can't wait to read your review

I've been to both and prefer Mr Sanchos. The beach at Paradise is very rocky and the sand to me felt was very course. My daughter, who loves the beach, hated the sand there and perferd to stay in the pool. Snorkeling was not great at either place but the pool is better at Paradise. I found the food and service to be better at Mr Sanchos. I was on the AI side and it was menu only I think they set up the buffet if they are expecting large crowds.

I also did Paradise Beach back in 2010 and I am a family of 5 and paid the $2 per chair plus the $12 for the kids to use the water toys. Between a few drinks and some appetizers, we spent well over $120 but it was cheaper then going to an AI.

I also did 4 adults in May to Mr. Sanchos pay as you go and for a few frozen drinks and a bucket of beer, we spent $40 not including tip. There was no additional charge for a chair and the Wifi was free. For the few hours we were there, we were happy with what we paid.

If I go back to Cozumel, I would go back to Mr. Sanchos. If I was there all day, I would do the AI, a few drinks and all you can eat (my kids ate alot too) makes it worth it. For a few hours, I would stick with the pay as you go.

Enjoy and can't wait to read your review

We will be there for the entire time our ship is in port. So I'm thinking maybe AI would be best for us. I do know that if we go to an AI, we end up eating and drinking more than what we would if we go to a pay as you go. We have went almost all day without eating (eat a big breakfast and eat as soon as we get back on the ship) and maybe 1 alcoholic drink and a few sodas...when we go to a pay as you go. So it all kinda depends on where we go I guess for getting our moneys worth.

I've been to both and prefer Mr Sanchos. The beach at Paradise is very rocky and the sand to me felt was very course. My daughter, who loves the beach, hated the sand there and perferd to stay in the pool. Snorkeling was not great at either place but the pool is better at Paradise. I found the food and service to be better at Mr Sanchos. I was on the AI side and it was menu only I think they set up the buffet if they are expecting large crowds.

I guess I didn't realize that the sand at Paradise is rocky. I don't remember anyone mentioning this before. I'll have to do some research.

We will be there for the entire time our ship is in port. So I'm thinking maybe AI would be best for us. I do know that if we go to an AI, we end up eating and drinking more than what we would if we go to a pay as you go. We have went almost all day without eating (eat a big breakfast and eat as soon as we get back on the ship) and maybe 1 alcoholic drink and a few sodas...when we go to a pay as you go. So it all kinda depends on where we go I guess for getting our moneys worth.

Thats why I did Mr. Sanchos with the AI the 2nd time instead of Paradise Beach. My kids were turning 18 on the cruise and with 2 boys, they have larger appetites. Even just starting off with a few appetizers and then lunch and if your there all day, you can have more pickies. If its hot, then you will need to keep hydrated, even with just soda. If your child is young, thenn I'm sure they eat a little throughout the day. With the AI, you won't say no.

I like the AI even at the cost of $225 (I booked online for $5 less per person) because we were able to get what we wanted, throughout the whole day and I didn't have to worry about the cost or even just carrying all that cash with me.

I don't think you can go wrong at either place but if you want to just sit and relax and not worry about the cost, I think the AI at Mr. Sanchos will be a good choice for you.

We just went to Paradise Beach this past week. I think there were 6 ships in port and it was very busy. We didn't arrive until 11:00 so it was kind of hard to get chairs....but we did find them.

The sand is very coarse....it's hard to walk in (you sink down in it) and it kind of hurt my bare feet. The water was nice but it has some very rocky areas. The water toys were good...my daughter loved them. The weather wasn't the greatest....it was windy so there were a lot of waves. I feel like you have to be a pretty decent swimmer to get from one toy to another out there....it's deep and you can't walk from one to the next.

The whole wrist band thing was confusing. We bought one for $12 and then all the kids that wanted to use the water toys bought another $12 wrist band...so they paid a total of $24 each. They said it was a $2 entrance fee and then a $10 credit for the food. Here's where it got confusing....we went up to the bar to order food/drinks and they said we couldn't use the "credit" up there...we had to order it directly from the guy who sold us the wrist bands and gave us the chairs. We had a hard time tracking him down because it was so busy. We did eventually find him and ordered without difficulty. We had some delicious guacamole!!

The pool was nice...very big and clean! I liked the day overall...I just thought it was a bit confusing but maybe I just hadn't done my research about how it worked. I'd go back again....just maybe not when there are so many ships there....it was wall to wall people.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just went to Paradise Beach this past week. I think there were 6 ships in port and it was very busy. We didn't arrive until 11:00 so it was kind of hard to get chairs....but we did find them.

The sand is very coarse....it's hard to walk in (you sink down in it) and it kind of hurt my bare feet. The water was nice but it has some very rocky areas. The water toys were good...my daughter loved them. The weather wasn't the greatest....it was windy so there were a lot of waves. I feel like you have to be a pretty decent swimmer to get from one toy to another out there....it's deep and you can't walk from one to the next.

The whole wrist band thing was confusing. We bought one for $12 and then all the kids that wanted to use the water toys bought another $12 wrist band...so they paid a total of $24 each. They said it was a $2 entrance fee and then a $10 credit for the food. Here's where it got confusing....we went up to the bar to order food/drinks and they said we couldn't use the "credit" up there...we had to order it directly from the guy who sold us the wrist bands and gave us the chairs. We had a hard time tracking him down because it was so busy. We did eventually find him and ordered without difficulty. We had some delicious guacamole!!

The pool was nice...very big and clean! I liked the day overall...I just thought it was a bit confusing but maybe I just hadn't done my research about how it worked. I'd go back again....just maybe not when there are so many ships there....it was wall to wall people.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

That's what I'm concerned with...having 7 ships in port and everyone headed to Paradise because there's technically "no entrance fee".

We experienced this hard to walk in course sand when we went to Nachi and didn't like it. It was very hard to walk in. :( We ended up not even using the beach because of it and stayed at the pool area (which we don't go to the beach for a pool usually, so it was a let down).

Looking at google earth, Mr Sanchos seems to be right between Nachi and Playa Mia (which we liked the sand at Playa Mia).

mr%20sanchos-L.jpg

That's what I'm concerned with...having 7 ships in port and everyone headed to Paradise because there's technically "no entrance fee".

We experienced this hard to walk in course sand when we went to Nachi and didn't like it. It was very hard to walk in. :( We ended up not even using the beach because of it and stayed at the pool area (which we don't go to the beach for a pool usually, so it was a let down).

Looking at google earth, Mr Sanchos seems to be right between Nachi and Playa Mia (which we liked the sand at Playa Mia).

mr%20sanchos-L.jpg

We were at nachi a little over two weeks ago and found the sand to be fine.

We're going to Mr. Sancho this time because our kids are grown and only one (19) still travels with us, so certain antics are not too bothersome unless they become grossly overt. In the past, we've gone to and greatly enjoyed Playa Mia. And, if we still had younger kids, it would still be Playa Mia because of their offerings for both adults and kids. There are iguanas and parrots that they carry around to play with/take pix with everyone - esp. kids. They also have tons of other things for kids to do...bungee trampolines, waterslides, pools, beach dances, face painting, temporary tattoos, water toys, etc., just plain "kid friendly."

Not to play devil's advocate, as I know you have narrowed your choice to two other places...but if I were you, I would give Playa Mia another long look before deciding. :p

We're going to Mr. Sancho this time because our kids are grown and only one (19) still travels with us, so certain antics are not too bothersome unless they become grossly overt. In the past, we've gone to and greatly enjoyed Playa Mia. And, if we still had younger kids, it would still be Playa Mia because of their offerings for both adults and kids. There are iguanas and parrots that they carry around to play with/take pix with everyone - esp. kids. They also have tons of other things for kids to do...bungee trampolines, waterslides, pools, beach dances, face painting, temporary tattoos, water toys, etc., just plain "kid friendly."

Not to play devil's advocate, as I know you have narrowed your choice to two other places...but if I were you, I would give Playa Mia another long look before deciding. :p

We just went to Playa Mia a few months ago. ;) So it's not an option this time around. Been there, done that, and know what it has to offer. We were almost the only one's there that day, which made it even more special. I have read just how bad it gets when there's a lot of ships in port. I'm thankful we were able to experience it with next to no one there. :)

We just went to Playa Mia a few months ago. ;) So it's not an option this time around. Been there, done that, and know what it has to offer. We were almost the only one's there that day, which made it even more special. I have read just how bad it gets when there's a lot of ships in port. I'm thankful we were able to experience it with next to no one there. :)

Ah...sorry, then. We will be at Mr. Sancho next week, and I'd be happy to give a report - just don't know if it will be soon enough to help you out. I guess if I logged in and did it "live" you might get it in time. If I were you, I would do the refundable deposit at Mr. Sancho, esp since they have a daily admission limit. Then you will have the option of going there or not.

@Rubydog08- How did you go about booking Mr Sancho's? Are you planning on using a taxi and pay balance upon arrival or....??? I'm looking at an AI resort and Sancho's is tops on the list! :D

Sent from my XT1080

Ok, I have officially booked Mr Sanchos. I'm hoping I made the right decision. We did book with the company online that offers a full refund if you decide not to go and you can cancel for any reason. Plus the deposit was only $14.95, so no biggie. They also seem to be cheaper than booking with other places. So that was an added plus. :)

I'm still very interested in hearing others comments about either place.

Thanks for all that have contributed their opinions so far. :D

Ok, I have officially booked Mr Sanchos. I'm hoping I made the right decision. We did book with the company online that offers a full refund if you decide not to go and you can cancel for any reason. Plus the deposit was only $14.95, so no biggie. They also seem to be cheaper than booking with other places. So that was an added plus. :)

I'm still very interested in hearing others comments about either place.

Thanks for all that have contributed their opinions so far. :D

Can you give us a hint who you booked with?

Thanks

We did sanchos pay as go about 2spring breaks ago,worked great.. 2 adults and 3 kids(17 &18) the Kids pd the 12 and used all the snorkel, kayaks, paddle boards the several hrs we were there. We don't drink much so maybe had a few drinks and some chips and guac. Didn't spend even close to what AI would have been. Our ship was in early and not many there that day because I never felt crowded at all. We go again in Jan. And this time our ship isn't in until 11 I believe so with a 300 person limit at Mr Sanchos I didn't want to take a chance so I reserved thru Cozumel water sports for 5 each. (Only 3 this trip) if they are full on pay as go side we will do AI side otherwise I'll just forfeit the 15 and do PAG. We eat on ship before we leave so we will eat chips and such, but not 150$ worth...they close at 5 and we don't like cutting time close at all so I don't feel like ever doing the all inc. Is worth it unless you plan to drink lots and are there all day.

We were at Mr. Sanchos yesterday-- did the all inclusive--our notes:

Plenty of lounge chairs, tables with thatch roofs, and day beds;

The AI side was very quiet; no loud music blaring;

Food-- can either do the buffet or order off the menu;

Drinks-- servers were plentiful and service was excellent-- they each work specific groups and work hard to serve you;

The beach is not wide--you're right at the water;

Wifi is available at the main building;

Taxi to and from the pier was uneven true-- plenty of vehicles available;

Can't help you on the pay-as-you-go side-- didn't go over there.

Definitely would go there again.

Enjoy!

Sent From My IPad

Ah...sorry, then. We will be at Mr. Sancho next week, and I'd be happy to give a report - just don't know if it will be soon enough to help you out. I guess if I logged in and did it "live" you might get it in time. If I were you, I would do the refundable deposit at Mr. Sancho, esp since they have a daily admission limit. Then you will have the option of going there or not.

sorry to chime in here is an email i got I book thru beach tours mexico

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PRICE CHANGES EFFECTIVE 1/1/2014.

RESERVE NOW AND LOCK YOUR PRICES:

Effective 1/1/2014, Mexico’s Federal Government will raise VAT to 16%. Due to the same, Mr Sanchos will be forced to raised some of its prices in alignment to such measure.

Tours affected and their new prices will be:

All Inclusive Adults: $55.00 USD (18 +)

All Inclusive Teens: $40 USD (12-17 years old)

All Inclusive Kids: $35 USD (4-11 years old)

Romantic Day at the Beach for 2: $200 USD

Take advantage of 2013 prices if you book now. Either with us or with our On-line Partners. If you reserve prior to 12/31/2013, for your tour on 2014, we will honor all prices booked.

At Mr Sancho's, we have the commitment to keep improving for You, so you can enjoy the best Beach Club in Cozumel, with free entrance to the nicest beach in the Island, delicious food and amazing mixed drinks that are part of a wonderful experience. As always our staff will treat you with the kindness quality service.

WELCOME TO MR SANCHOS COZUMEL!

ONE PLACE WITH TWO OPTIONS

•Free WiFi available

All-Inclusive Or Pay as you go!

Experience our hospitality every day from 9am to 5:30pm.

Our most popular package is certainly the famous Mr Sanchos All Inclusive, which includes:

All you can eat from our delicious buffet menu.

All you want to drink from our open bar of frozen drinks, margaritas, piñas coladas, daiquiris, none alcoholic drinks and domestic cerveza sol & XX' Lager.

· Pool bar & Beach section exclusively for All Inclusive guest..

· Beach lounges.

· Umbrellas on every table.

· Snorkel equipment.

· Use of ocean kayaks.

· Hammocks

· Lockers

.#13 Cabanas available on first come first serve basis or guarantee yours by

reserving our Romantic Cabana Package.

• Does not include our Water Park, that's extra.

This package is priced at:

Adults: $50.00 USD (18 +)

Teens: $40.00 USD (12-17 years old)

Kids: $35.00 USD (4-11 years old)

Minors of 4 are Free

NOT INCLUDED:

∙ Aquatic Park

∙ Towels

∙ Liquor shots.

and although reservations are not necessary, are strongly recommended to ensure

availability.

Here the rules for the A.I.:

Your bracelet is personal.

We kindly ask for you not to share drinks or food with those who don't have a bracelet.

We kindly ask you not to waste drinks or food.

We don't mix All-Inclusive guest with guest a la Cart.

Have fun !! Enjoy all you can eat and all you can drink.

Newlywed? We have just what you need!!

Romantic Day at the Beach for 2 Would you like to have a Private Cabana along a

Beautiful Beach in Cozumel

Here is what you get:

· Private Cabana with your own Server

· Comfortably Furnished and Curtained for Privacy

· All-Inclusive Food and Beverages which includes all you can eat directly from our buffet menu and all you want to drink from our open bar

· A 30 Minute Swedish Massage for each of you

· A Rose for your Loved One

· You get all this for the price of a Massage on a Cruise Ship!

Our price on site is $190 usd (Gratuity is Not included) Space is limited to 13 Cabana's

per Day Advance Booking is HIGHLY Recommended

We also have an Aquatic Park on site!! At $12 usd per person, for those looking

for adrenaline rush 10ft Iceberg Climbing Mountain, Water Trampolines, Pyramid Water Slide, The Rock Slider, Water Totter & Moon Walk!

Internet-Only prices for these and other special packages, are available with our preferred partners at:

Beach Tours Mexico

http://www dot beach tours mexico dot com dot mxthis is who i booked thru and received confirmation asap

Cozumel Water Sports

http://www.cozumel-watersports.com/printpreview.php?11

Raccoon Tours

http://rcn.im/17rze9H

Did not reserve? Just show up and will take care of you.!!

Check us out in Facebook also Mr Sanchos Beach Club.:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/MrSanchosCozumel

Enjoy our famous Tequila Seminar which is available every day with previous

reservation at only $47 usd.

The 1 hour and 30 minutes Tequila Seminar features:

· 7 different types of tequila,

· Mexican lunch

· Margaritas or beer during seminar, !!

We were featured by Samantha Brown and the Travel Channel, Here is a link!

Travel Channel - Tequila Tasting Seminar!

Our other famous tours:

· Cost for Wave runner 1/2 hour is $65.00 and $130.00 for 1 hour.

· Parasailing cost is $65.00 per person for 13 minutes up on the air

· Horseback Riding on the beach and in the jungle $30.00 for the 1/2 hour tour, horses are assigned according to weight and experience.

· ATV Beach and Jungle tour is priced at $40.00 with great trails and sand dunes for fun riding. Must be at list 16 years old to drive.

· Paddle Boarding $35 usd for 30 minutes.

· Snorkel equipment rental is priced at $15.00.

· Ocean Kayaks are priced at $15.00.

· Lockers and fresh beach towels are $4.00 each.

For Diving information please contact: ramonzapata_divers@hotmail.com

www.ramonzapatadivers.com

Wedding info: http://www.cozumelweddingplanner.com/indexesp.htm

We accept Visa, MC, Traveler's checks, US currency & pesos.

Transportation to Mr Sancho's is via local Taxi transportation union, but prices are as follows:

Up to 4 People one way $16.00 USD.

Up to 5 People one way $24 USD

Up to 6-8 People one way $32 USD

Mr Sanchos is only 10 minutes away from Cruise Piers

Thank you for your interest in Mr. Sancho's and have a great day!"

We did sanchos pay as go about 2spring breaks ago,worked great.. 2 adults and 3 kids(17 &18) the Kids pd the 12 and used all the snorkel, kayaks, paddle boards the several hrs we were there. We don't drink much so maybe had a few drinks and some chips and guac. Didn't spend even close to what AI would have been. Our ship was in early and not many there that day because I never felt crowded at all. We go again in Jan. And this time our ship isn't in until 11 I believe so with a 300 person limit at Mr Sanchos I didn't want to take a chance so I reserved thru Cozumel water sports for 5 each. (Only 3 this trip) if they are full on pay as go side we will do AI side otherwise I'll just forfeit the 15 and do PAG. We eat on ship before we leave so we will eat chips and such, but not 150$ worth...they close at 5 and we don't like cutting time close at all so I don't feel like ever doing the all inc. Is worth it unless you plan to drink lots and are there all day.

Yea we probably wouldn't eat and drink as much if we were going to the pay as you go side too. But I figured what the heck, might as well try AI and live it up a little for the day.

Glad to hear you like the place. I'm hoping I made the right decision as well. :)

We were at Mr. Sanchos yesterday-- did the all inclusive--our notes:

Plenty of lounge chairs, tables with thatch roofs, and day beds;

The AI side was very quiet; no loud music blaring;

Food-- can either do the buffet or order off the menu;

Drinks-- servers were plentiful and service was excellent-- they each work specific groups and work hard to serve you;

The beach is not wide--you're right at the water;

Wifi is available at the main building;

Taxi to and from the pier was uneven true-- plenty of vehicles available;

Can't help you on the pay-as-you-go side-- didn't go over there.

Definitely would go there again.

Enjoy!

Sent From My IPad

Thanks so much for your breakdown and thoughts. It sounds pretty good to me. Glad you would consider going there again.

What do you mean by "Taxi to and from the pier was uneven true-- plenty of vehicles available"? I'm confused about the "uneven".

sorry to chime in here is an email i got I book thru beach tours mexico

"IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING PRICE CHANGES EFFECTIVE 1/1/2014.

RESERVE NOW AND LOCK YOUR PRICES:

Effective 1/1/2014, Mexico’s Federal Government will raise VAT to 16%. Due to the same, Mr Sanchos will be forced to raised some of its prices in alignment to such measure.

Tours affected and their new prices will be:

All Inclusive Adults: $55.00 USD (18 +)

All Inclusive Teens: $40 USD (12-17 years old)

All Inclusive Kids: $35 USD (4-11 years old)

Take advantage of 2013 prices if you book now. Either with us or with our On-line Partners. If you reserve prior to 12/31/2013, for your tour on 2014, we will honor all prices booked.

At Mr Sancho's, we have the commitment to keep improving for You, so you can enjoy the best Beach Club in Cozumel, with free entrance to the nicest beach in the Island, delicious food and amazing mixed drinks that are part of a wonderful experience. As always our staff will treat you with the kindness quality service.

WELCOME TO MR SANCHOS COZUMEL!

ONE PLACE WITH TWO OPTIONS

•Free WiFi available

All-Inclusive Or Pay as you go!

Experience our hospitality every day from 9am to 5:30pm.

Our most popular package is certainly the famous Mr Sanchos All Inclusive, which includes:

All you can eat from our delicious buffet menu.

All you want to drink from our open bar of frozen drinks, margaritas, piñas coladas, daiquiris, none alcoholic drinks and domestic cerveza sol & XX' Lager.

· Pool bar & Beach section exclusively for All Inclusive guest..

· Beach lounges.

· Umbrellas on every table.

· Snorkel equipment.

· Use of ocean kayaks.

· Hammocks

· Lockers

.#13 Cabanas available on first come first serve basis or guarantee yours by

reserving our Romantic Cabana Package.

• Does not include our Water Park, that's extra.

This package is priced at:

Adults: $50.00 USD (18 +)

Teens: $40.00 USD (12-17 years old)

Kids: $35.00 USD (4-11 years old)

Minors of 4 are Free

NOT INCLUDED:

∙ Aquatic Park

∙ Towels

∙ Liquor shots.

and although reservations are not necessary, are strongly recommended to ensure

availability.

Here the rules for the A.I.:

Your bracelet is personal.

We kindly ask for you not to share drinks or food with those who don't have a bracelet.

We kindly ask you not to waste drinks or food.

We don't mix All-Inclusive guest with guest a la Cart.

Have fun !! Enjoy all you can eat and all you can drink.

We also have an Aquatic Park on site!! At $12 usd per person, for those looking

for adrenaline rush 10ft Iceberg Climbing Mountain, Water Trampolines, Pyramid Water Slide, The Rock Slider, Water Totter & Moon Walk!

Thanks for the info.

The new price changes are for 2014, we are going in less than 2 weeks, so it won't effect us (but good for others to know if they are going at a later date).

Also, I believe on the pricing...it depends "who" you book with on what prices they charge for Mr Sanchos and probably also for the amount they charge for different activities. I know the website we booked with is only $44.95 for an adult (cheaper than the one listed). But I guess it's all a matter of preference and maybe who you have used and liked in the past.

Thanks for all of the info. :)

Thanks for the info.

The new price changes are for 2014, we are going in less than 2 weeks, so it won't effect us (but good for others to know if they are going at a later date).

Also, I believe on the pricing...it depends "who" you book with on what prices they charge for Mr Sanchos and probably also for the amount they charge for different activities. I know the website we booked with is only $44.95 for an adult (cheaper than the one listed). But I guess it's all a matter of preference and maybe who you have used and liked in the past.

Thanks for all of the info. :)

yes that's all I paid too was $45.00 each with a $5.00 each deposit thru beach tours. I would like to go to the Hacienda Antiaua Tequila Museum wonder if a cab would be cheaper or would I have to hire a driver for a few hours?

Edited by hockeyguru32

Actually taxis should have read that the rides were uneventful--- both to and from.

The taxis are outside the shopping area at the dock that Carnival usually docks at ( the southernmost of all the docks), and there are officers that will have them pull up.

Coming back was similar-- cabs were lined up waiting to be hailed for a ride-- just like at hotels in the U.S.

Just be aware that in the morning they are all taking people to the various locations--- then most of them will go park at the various places for return trips to the ships.

It was easy and this is a day that we would definitely book again.

Sent From My IPad