Car service for 9 - Newark to Manhattan cruise terminal

lisakoivu

We are a family of 7, 10 miles from the pier, in NJ. I was afraid our luggage wasn't going to fit in our minivan, so I got quotes from Carmel and Dial 7. Turns out 2 regular sized cars was actually cheaper than a 10 passenger van. It was still the same price as parking at the pier, so we squeezed in our minivan - liked to be able to walk right to our vehicle after the cruise, and take off.

But I guess I'm a little confused about that too...are some more or less appropriate for Manhattan cruise .... which is where we need to be.... vs Bayonne

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

The park sleeps at Newark Airport are really the only park/sleeps available for Manhattan other than a few places at LaGuardia and Embassy Suites in Secaucus. The Ramada and Country Inns are fine.

You have to figure out what will work best for you. Parking at the Manhattan Cruiseport is $40/day. Airport bus from the terminals is $28/ pp rt, but kids under 12 are free. Train is $25/pp rt - less for kids and seniors. Plus cab from Port Authority or NY Penn Station to the pier.

Where are you coming from?

We are a family of 7, 10 miles from the pier, in NJ. I was afraid our luggage wasn't going to fit in our minivan, so I got quotes from Carmel and Dial 7. Turns out 2 regular sized cars was actually cheaper than a 10 passenger van. It was still the same price as parking at the pier, so we squeezed in our minivan - liked to be able to walk right to our vehicle after the cruise, and take off.

Yes, but from which company?

Another option is to park at Port Imperial and take the ferry across. If you drive down the day before, you can Hotwire a hotel in the Morristown/Parsipanny area. What day of the week does your cruise leave?

We leave Sunday ....once we get across, we still have to get in a cab to get to terminal, correct?

Edited by lisakoivu

Yes, but from which company?

The poster didn't book a car service, they merely got quotes from them. They ended up taking their own vehicle and parking at the cruise terminal.

If you want approximate prices you can go the websites of the two car services mentioned. Just be accurate on the passenger and luggage counts in order to get an accurate quote.

http://www.dial7.com

http://www.carmellimo.com

The quotes will not include tolls and tips.