New Carnival Single Occupancy Offers

winddawn

Thank you so much for the link, I used to find it on carnival site but have not seen it for a while, I hope these solo deals continue into the fall and early winter.

Thanks for posting the updated link. I booked a Memorial Day cruise last weekend on Fascination with no supplement. $259 total for 5 nights couldn't pass it up (price almost doubled the day after I booked). I REALLY hope they keep this promotion for cruises in the fall.

Thank you so much for the link, I used to find it on carnival site but have not seen it for a while, I hope these solo deals continue into the fall and early winter.

I will be on the Conquest 10/26/14 so that would be cool.

Gary

Do they normally do these for late summer/early fall? (Mid September to be exact)

Carnival only started offering these no single supplement fares a few months ago. I guess it remains to be seen if they will continue to offer them. I hope they continue to offer them too. If I had to guess, I would say that going into the fall that they would continue since that is typically a slower period for bookings. I've been kind of surprised that they have continued them into the peak spring/summer months. They seem to come out as last minutes fares, typically 2 to 3 months in advance at the very most. So for those that like to cruise solo, waiting until closer to sail date seems to be the best booking strategy for now.

We're going with a friend (who will be solo) and they have already booked ES. If one of these fares come out will they get a refund? Would they have to cancel/rebook?

Thanks for posting the updated link. I booked a Memorial Day cruise last weekend on Fascination with no supplement. $259 total for 5 nights couldn't pass it up (price almost doubled the day after I booked). I REALLY hope they keep this promotion for cruises in the fall.

YRVW. How exciting to be cruising over Memorial Day! I love Fascination. It isn't a fancy ship, but it is very enjoyable with a great staff. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time.

We're going with a friend (who will be solo) and they have already booked ES. If one of these fares come out will they get a refund? Would they have to cancel/rebook?

It is my understanding that solo rates do qualify for ES. They would just submit the request for the price drop when they see it. The adjustment is usually given in onboard credit, but I have heard of some people getting adjustments if final payment hasn't been made yet. Carnival rules state, "Verified rate difference is issued as an on-board credit." You can read all the early saver rules here:

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

Rebooking is not required. They can just submit the request at the following page or call the usual 800 number (or their PVP if they use one). Keep in mind if that person booked through a travel agent, they have to go through the travel agent though, and some TAs don't like handling price drops because it reduces their commission.

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Edited by winddawn

The linked list has historically been updated twice a month. There will be many more on the list this fall.

But we don't know with any certainty that Carnival will continue to offer the no single supplement fares. Prior to Carnival starting to offer them a few months ago, the single supplement was 200%. So any statement that they will continue is purely an assumption. Most people also assume that this is one strategy that Carnival is using on the heels of the bad publicity they got last year. So when Carnival recovers from that, the no single supplement offers will likely go away.

So far, none of the other cruise lines has matched this offer.

Yes. I booked full fare ES for my cruise this Sunday. Last week they dropped the solo supplement and I now have $448 OBC :)

Yes, the sale looks fantastic however don't solo cruisers have to pay double the deposit with carnival?

I bought a solo cruise a few months back with carnival only because the rates are very low. However I'm not sure about booking in the fall because of their deposit. I would have to be certain that I was taking another cruise in early fall first.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

But we don't know with any certainty that Carnival will continue to offer the no single supplement fares. Prior to Carnival starting to offer them a few months ago, the single supplement was 200%. So any statement that they will continue is purely an assumption. Most people also assume that this is one strategy that Carnival is using on the heels of the bad publicity they got last year. So when Carnival recovers from that, the no single supplement offers will likely go away.

So far, none of the other cruise lines has matched this offer.

They have been offering it more than just a few months, it started back in September.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1916211

If they offered it during spring break and now summer,its safe to say it will be done in the slow season. Its just way too much inventory sailing the Caribbean. Norwegian is offering rock bottom rates on Getaways inside and balcony cabins last minute for solos.

Carnival only started offering these no single supplement fares a few months ago. I guess it remains to be seen if they will continue to offer them. I hope they continue to offer them too. If I had to guess, I would say that going into the fall that they would continue since that is typically a slower period for bookings. I've been kind of surprised that they have continued them into the peak spring/summer months. They seem to come out as last minutes fares, typically 2 to 3 months in advance at the very most. So for those that like to cruise solo, waiting until closer to sail date seems to be the best booking strategy for now.

There was a time when the cruise fare was 50% over the cruise rate for a category 3 or less which was pretty good for me since I go solo most of the time. Since those days prices have increased on the ships especially the beer and mixed drinks which Carnival gets most of their revue. So I think dropping the 200% supplement does not hurt them. When you get on the ship that is where they make the $$$$$. So I bet they will continue to drop the surcharge in the fall and maybe early winter.

Gary

Hi. I'm new to cruising' date=' and Cruise Critic. How do I join a message board without necessarily posting?

Thanks![/quote']

Welcome to the Carnival board. You can read without joining Cruise Critic, but cannot post without joining and logging in. When you join, you join Cruise Critic. It is not necessary to also join the board. Once you have joined Cruise Critic and logged in, you can post on all of the boards.

Happy cruising!

Yes, the sale looks fantastic however don't solo cruisers have to pay double the deposit with carnival?

I bought a solo cruise a few months back with carnival only because the rates are very low. However I'm not sure about booking in the fall because of their deposit. I would have to be certain that I was taking another cruise in early fall first.

Sent from my SCH-R830C using Forums mobile app

You only have to pay double deposit if you book under the 200% fare. Since the posted list of no single supplement fares only goes out through June, you will need to make full payment at time of booking to book one of those sail dates/fares, so deposit amount isn't an issue. From what I have seen, the posted no single supplement fares are last minute fares. Last minute in cruise terms is roughly going out no more than about 45 days or so. But some sail dates on the list were within a week or so.

Hi. I'm new to cruising' date=' and Cruise Critic. How do I join a message board without necessarily posting?

Thanks![/quote']

Has anyone figured this question out? The best way to not post is keep the fingers away from the keyboard and not pressing send;)

There was a time when the cruise fare was 50% over the cruise rate for a category 3 or less which was pretty good for me since I go solo most of the time. Since those days prices have increased on the ships especially the beer and mixed drinks which Carnival gets most of their revue. So I think dropping the 200% supplement does not hurt them. When you get on the ship that is where they make the $$$$$. So I bet they will continue to drop the surcharge in the fall and maybe early winter.

Gary

I remember that, Gary. That has been quite some time ago though.

For anyone interested in solo cruises, Carnival posted a new list of single occupancy fares yesterday. There are some great deals on the list starting at $149!

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/GOCCL/Files/Sales/SingleOccupancy.ashx

The list also includes some Memorial Day weekend cruises.

Thanks, Winddawn! Now you have forced me to book the Pride in 2 weeks. I debated on some of the others, but by the time I would have paid airfare, it was cheaper for me to drive to Baltimore. It's a wrap, thanks! I can not wait, because I need the relaxation so bad right about now.