Arubalisa - Walking to Reflextions?

canadarocks

• 1 month later...

When we visited Aruba in the fall we went to Nikky Beach. We took a taxi which was an experience in itself. The driver misunderstood us despite several attempts to ensure we were going where we needed to be. Finally arriving we were glad that we had taken a taxi and did not walk. On a cool day the walk is certainly doable but not quite as short as many lead us to believe. On a typical hot Aruba day the walk is far from short or easily doable.

Save yourself the sweat, heat exhaustion and grab a taxi! Nikky beach has incredible drink prices during happy hour and the food was excellent. Loved the swim up bar as well.

When we visited Aruba in the fall we went to Nikky Beach. We took a taxi which was an experience in itself. The driver misunderstood us despite several attempts to ensure we were going where we needed to be. Finally arriving we were glad that we had taken a taxi and did not walk. On a cool day the walk is certainly doable but not quite as short as many lead us to believe. On a typical hot Aruba day the walk is far from short or easily doable.

Save yourself the sweat, heat exhaustion and grab a taxi! Nikky beach has incredible drink prices during happy hour and the food was excellent. Loved the swim up bar as well.

Thanks. We've narrowed our choice that day to either Palm Beach or Nikky Beach. And we'll definitely take a taxi to whichever one we choose! :D Actually scratch that.... we'll taxi to Nikky Beach and bus it to Palm. :D

Edited by canadarocks

Thanks. We've narrowed our choice that day to either Palm Beach or Nikky Beach. And we'll definitely take a taxi to whichever one we choose! :D Actually scratch that.... we'll taxi to Nikky Beach and bus it to Palm. :D

What time will you be in port? Reflexions (Nikky Beach) has an awesome happy hour which I believe starts at 4 :) the food was really good too! Just mentioning it in case you are there for a later day port stop you may want to reverse it and end your day at Reflexions :)

What time will you be in port? Reflexions (Nikky Beach) has an awesome happy hour which I believe starts at 4 :) the food was really good too! Just mentioning it in case you are there for a later day port stop you may want to reverse it and end your day at Reflexions :)

Sorry for the confusion. I meant when we decide which one to go to, we'll either cab or bus it there. Unfortunately we have to be back on our ship by 4:30PM that day.

Our first cruise to Aruba (5 years ago) we sailed at 11:00PM; that was an awesome visit! :cool:

• 5 weeks later...

Aruabalisa and anyone else, would you recommend Reflections or Palm beach for a family with three kids ages 9, 7, and 4. The kids love going to the beach. The older two are great swimmers and the youngest also swims. They like snorkeling (but we don't have to do it Aruba). They also enjoy kayaking. I am having a hard time deciding on which beach.

Thanks

I would have to say it is a toss up. I would say Reflextions if any of the kids HAVE TO HAVE a swimming pool. Otherwise, Palm Beach would offer more in the way of activities such as banana boat or tube rides, kayak rentals and such.

There is no snorkeling off of either beach.

If you have a stop in Curacao, check out Playa Porto Mari for a snorkeling beach day. Though the beaches in Curacao are not as nice as Aruba, the snorkeling is much better. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...