Princess still selling guarantee when none available

bigenna

We are sailing on a ten day Mexico cruise this October on Grand Princess in an aft mini. This category has been sold out for a while, in fact there has only been one mini available, mid ship on Aloha. This has been priced a bit over $2200. Suddenly, for around $1800 an aft mini guarantee has shown on their website. How can they do this when the only mini available is the one midship, and at a much higher price. Will someone (ME, ME, ME PLEASE) get upgraded or up sold to the only suite left, an aft Vista to accommodate this aft mini guarantee?

Would a call to Princess help?

p.s. The suite is showing more than double the price of the mini

Edited by bigenna

We are sailing on a ten day Mexico cruise this October on Grand Princess in an aft mini. This category has been sold out for a while, in fact there has only been one mini available, mid ship on Aloha. This has been priced a bit over $2200. Suddenly, for around $1800 an aft mini guarantee has shown on their website. How can they do this when the only mini available is the one midship, and at a much higher price. Will someone (ME, ME, ME PLEASE) get upgraded or up sold to the only suite left, an aft Vista to accommodate this aft mini guarantee?

Just because you don't see it does not mean its not available.

Princess has been doing this for many years and have it down to a science and its on every cruise to some degree.

Princess like all travel companies knows how many will likely not follow through on the reservation at final payment time. They use the "to be assigned" to fill those holes. If they guess incorrectly someone is getting a visit from the upgrade fairy.

We booked a mini guarantee last year. All of the minis showed as sold out for several weeks before we sailed. We were hoping for an upgrade:D. Nope, we got what we paid for.

An upgrade, or more likely an upsell to a suite is very possible. I've been in your exact situation and received upsell offers on my last two cruises. Good Luck.

Thank you so much.

I have my fingers crossed but am not holding my breath.

We have never travelled in a mini before and took some finagling to finally get an aft mini on Emerald after reading recommendations on this board. So we will be happy nevertheless but always fun to dream.

Thank you so much.

I have my fingers crossed but am not holding my breath.

We have never travelled in a mini before and took some finagling to finally get an aft mini on Emerald after reading recommendations on this board. So we will be happy nevertheless but always fun to dream.

Better make sure your booking is marked correctly or they may upgrade you to a mini on Dolphin deck with no cover at all. :eek:

We booked a mini guarantee last year. All of the minis showed as sold out for several weeks before we sailed. We were hoping for an upgrade:D. Nope, we got what we paid for.

We did not book as a guarantee and originally had our mini on Dolphin deck until an aft mini became available. I guess we will just wait and see what happens.

Better make sure your booking is marked correctly or they may upgrade you to a mini on Dolphin deck with no cover at all. :eek:

Yes, thank you, due to all the great information on this board we are marked for upgrade only to next type, which would be a suite.

And since I am a little OCD when it comes to cruising I check every day to make sure I don't get moved where I don't want to be.

We LOVE having a mini-suite (MA) on Dolphin deck on Emerald/Crown/Ruby as close as possible to the mid-ship elevator lobby! :)

LuLu

We LOVE having a mini-suite (MA) on Dolphin deck on Emerald/Crown/Ruby as close as possible to the mid-ship elevator lobby! :)

LuLu

Oh I know, some like it, some don't, but the OP made a point to say their Emerald deck mini was tough to get. Have seen nightmare stories on CC about people losing their best cabin pick only to be moved to a higher cat in a bad location. ;)