'Guarantee' Assignments

Cosmic Rays

I thought guarantees can be assigned up until the sail date. So perhaps it could come today or tomorrow or when you arrive to the port(very rare). I would call Cunard to see if the representative can assign your cabin. Guarantees can be released since you are close to sail date but they are having other passengers in your situation rif you act on this now perhaps you can get a better cabin assignment.

Based on my experience, it seems to depend on the type of fare that has been purchased. The full Cunard fare saw my cabin allocated about 3 months before departure - tied in with final payment, I'm doing an early saver on QV in 3 weeks and that was allocated 6 weeks before departure. The Saver fare I booked in the summer was allocated less than 2 weeks before departure.

From talking to others on board, inside or outside cabins tended to be allocated nearer to departure than balconies.

I wouldn't worry about it , In my experience the longer you have to wait the better chance of maybe an upgrade ;)

You could even be waiting until the day you arrive for check-in, as happened to me in August this year. And quite a nice surprise too .

Good Luck.

• 3 weeks later...

A related question.

We've got a linked booking (2x2), both on a BC Guarantee. Today, we got the room assignments; one for a BA Disabled (for the MIL & her sister), and the other for an AA. The question is what do we need to do to still be able to eat together? Is there any way that we can arrange for the BA cabin ladies to eat in the Britannia Club with us? Any thoughts?

A related question.

We've got a linked booking (2x2), both on a BC Guarantee. Today, we got the room assignments; one for a BA Disabled (for the MIL & her sister), and the other for an AA. The question is what do we need to do to still be able to eat together? Is there any way that we can arrange for the BA cabin ladies to eat in the Britannia Club with us? Any thoughts?

No they are completely different Restaurants but you may!!!.be able to all Dine in the Britannia Restaurant.

A related question.

It's a bit odd that they put one party with the linked booking in AA. Usually people link because they specifically want to dine together. The caveat here however is that one of your party needed an HC stateroom.

Passengers in different dining categories can dine down, but not up. (Otherwise people in the Grills would acquire new dear friends.) You can see the Maitre D' on embarkation day and ask that you all dine together in Britannia.

A related question.

It should be no problem for you to join your mother-in-law and her sister for breakfast, lunch and dinner in the Britannia Dining Room if you so choose to have any or all meals together there. But I don't think they will permitted to join you in the Britannia Club Dining Room -Limited capacity; admittance based on higher fares (and the occasional upgrades).

We were told linked bookings mean absolutely nothing at all if booking Guarantee cabins. By virtue of a Guarantee, you can, and will be put where there is space and if that means a different deck - as happened to us with my disabled mother - too bad!

As the others have said, you shouldn't have a problem dining together in the Britannia, but won't be able to dine together in the Britannia Club.