Cancelling Allure- what about Enchantment?!

So it seems I'm not destined to sail on Allure! I previously cancelled a few years ago and now having booked the TA from Barcelona next Oct looks like I have to cancel again! (DW and I live in Ireland)

A good friend of mine is getting married on Oct 31st in Chicago so it means I can't do the TA. Being in Ireland cancelling means losing my €330 deposit so I was looking at option of booking a different cruise (this way I have to pay €75x2 admin change fee but don't lose all my deposit).

With the Wedding on Sat 31st of Oct in Chicago, sailing on Sun 1st Nov from FL or Port Canaveral really isn't an option so as far as I can see only real Option is Enchanment on Mon 2nd (fly down to Florida on Sun evening) for a 4 night cruise.

I am very disappointed as really wanted to do Allure (second time booking) but friendship comes first! I have read tonnes of stuff on Allure so I wonder would Enchantment be a good choice? I know it's much smaller and older but as it's our first cruise the 4 night might be a good place to start. Would appreciate any insights from those who have sailed on Enchantment. I have read few posts on Enchantment but views seem to be mixed.

We really enjoy the Enchantment. Feb. will be our 3rd time on this ship. Really like the "smaller" class ships. Less crowds and great service. CocoCay is a great port for a relaxing beach day. I can't compare to Oasis, but we have sailed larger ships in the past, and really do prefer Enchantment.

We were just on Enchantment for 7 days last month, and plan to go again. Lovely ship, excellent crew. It works for us. However, there's no comparison to amount of things you can do on Allure.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not under any illusion in terms of facilities or things to do. As long as there's a few bars (which there seems to be), the food is of reasonable quality (we're not fussy) and the ship is nice generally I would think myself and DW will be fine (we've never had a bad vacation, just some better than others). We don't like broadway musicals, etc. so the whole lack of big show production isn't an issue for us.

Thanks for the reply. I'm not under any illusion in terms of facilities or things to do. As long as there's a few bars (which there seems to be), the food is of reasonable quality (we're not fussy) and the ship is nice generally I would think myself and DW will be fine (we've never had a bad vacation, just some better than others). We don't like broadway musicals, etc. so the whole lack of big show production isn't an issue for us.

You may enjoy the shorter production shows on Enchantment. We enjoyed the music in "Can't Stop the Rock". Also don't miss Park Cafe in the Solarium. Very nice for a quiet, uncrowded breakfast. Best part is you don't have to book any shows. If you eat around the traditional times of 5:45pm and 8:15pm, you will be able to see the shows.

There are a few bars and they are very good:D:D

We were on the Enchantment in March and loved it!!. The staff was amazing, they made us feel like royalty. CocoCay was the most perfect day on a beautiful beach! The only complaint we had on this ship is when we had to get off and go home lol. We are sailing on the Navigator in February and are hoping it will be as great of an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You may enjoy the shorter production shows on Enchantment. We enjoyed the music in "Can't Stop the Rock". Also don't miss Park Cafe in the Solarium. Very nice for a quiet, uncrowded breakfast. Best part is you don't have to book any shows. If you eat around the traditional times of 5:45pm and 8:15pm, you will be able to see the shows.

Thanks for the tips, appreciate it.

We were on the Enchantment in March and loved it!!. The staff was amazing, they made us feel like royalty. CocoCay was the most perfect day on a beautiful beach! The only complaint we had on this ship is when we had to get off and go home lol. We are sailing on the Navigator in February and are hoping it will be as great of an experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, it's all sounding like a very good option for us!

Thanks, it's all sounding like a very good option for us!

Note also that you can do a B2B on Enchantment if you want 3 more days. Downside is the same ports, menu, production show. Upside is you get two shots at Coco Cay.

So it seems I'm not destined to sail on Allure! I previously cancelled a few years ago and now having booked the TA from Barcelona next Oct looks like I have to cancel again! (DW and I live in Ireland)

A good friend of mine is getting married on Oct 31st in Chicago so it means I can't do the TA. Being in Ireland cancelling means losing my €330 deposit so I was looking at option of booking a different cruise (this way I have to pay €75x2 admin change fee but don't lose all my deposit).

With the Wedding on Sat 31st of Oct in Chicago, sailing on Sun 1st Nov from FL or Port Canaveral really isn't an option so as far as I can see only real Option is Enchanment on Mon 2nd (fly down to Florida on Sun evening) for a 4 night cruise.

I am very disappointed as really wanted to do Allure (second time booking) but friendship comes first! I have read tonnes of stuff on Allure so I wonder would Enchantment be a good choice? I know it's much smaller and older but as it's our first cruise the 4 night might be a good place to start. Would appreciate any insights from those who have sailed on Enchantment. I have read few posts on Enchantment but views seem to be mixed.

Yes. Friendships are important. So is vacationing!

We just sailed a few weeks ago on Enchantment. The 4 night cruise was very nice but short. We had other business in FL so could not go on a longer cruise at that time.

Another option for you, since you would like to sail on Monday, might be to sail back to back ("B2B") with a 4 night followed by a 3 night.

Yes, as you stated it is an older ship. The staff/crew on this ship were really wonderful and really tried to go out of their way to be friendly and accommodating.

In our case, we did not visit the main dining room as it was a quick getaway and we just wanted to be casual. We did dine at Chops on the 1st night and I must say that it may have been our best Chops meal.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful time!

It's a great ship and itenary for your first cruise. While it is much different than the Allure, I don't think you would be disapointed!

I have done this trip 3x this year and enjoy it everytime.

Defn fly into Melbourne or Orlando the day before if at all possible! No stress that way, plus you maximize your time on the ship that first day!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I wouldn't like to take first flight out of Chicago for a Sun departure. We're travelling from Ireland to enjoy our friends' wedding so I would think a red eye start might be difficult after the wedding! Also, the stress of delays etc wouldn't be for me. I think we'll fly Sun afternoon and be ready to board Enchantment early on Mon. Have discussed with DW and she seems happy with this idea.

Thanks to everyone for the ideas. I wouldn't like to take first flight out of Chicago for a Sun departure. We're travelling from Ireland to enjoy our friends' wedding so I would think a red eye start might be difficult after the wedding! Also, the stress of delays etc wouldn't be for me. I think we'll fly Sun afternoon and be ready to board Enchantment early on Mon. Have discussed with DW and she seems happy with this idea.

We did the same exact thing (except the Ireland part;)) about a month ago. Had a wedding in Chicago on Saturday, right near O'Hare. Flew down to Orlando on Sunday, stayed overnight, and jumped on Enchantment on Monday for 7 days. Check out Spirit for decent fares from ORD to MCO.

I have done the sister ship to Allure, and much prefer Enchantment...! the crew/staff are so much more friendly and happier too, definately a different experience to Oasis imho.

I am Irish too, so prefer the warmth, and more upbeat personal interaction with everyone on board Enchantment.

I really think you will love her.

My cruise experience in order earliest to pending

Liberty of the seas

Enchantment....1st cruise at Canaveral

Enchantment

Enchantment

Enchantment

Liberty of the Seas in march 2015

So...do you see a pattern ?

1. LOVE Canaveral embarkation. ..so easy

2. HATE Ft. Lauderdale...port folks rude snotty and down right nasty

Husband wants to try a larger ship

Enchantment is a smaller ship. Found the ship rolling somewhat aware of movement

Food good

Staff very good

Things to do fair

Entertainment OK

Shopping On the ship poor

Nassau shopping...uh...ok then..damage done

Able to tender to Coco Cay 2/4 sailings....bad weather

Solarium....just right

First cruise...go for it...heads up be prepared for loud noisy partying spring breakers Feb/March

suggest you try the Enchantment as there are rumors out there she will be moving to South America (?)

We did the same exact thing (except the Ireland part;)) about a month ago. Had a wedding in Chicago on Saturday, right near O'Hare. Flew down to Orlando on Sunday, stayed overnight, and jumped on Enchantment on Monday for 7 days. Check out Spirit for decent fares from ORD to MCO.

Thanks for tip about the flights, will check it out