France air controllers strike

npphotog

I read in the paper that it would not shut down all flights, and it sounded like the transatlantic flights would be protected if possible. Or am I just a cockeyed optimist? [cue Rodgers & Hammerstein music]

I read in the paper that it would not shut down all flights, and it sounded like the transatlantic flights would be protected if possible. Or am I just a cockeyed optimist? [cue Rodgers & Hammerstein music]

Happy talk....keep talking happy talk. :D

we have been visiting Paris since we disembarked a Rhine river cruise 2 weeks ago. we too watched the first round of strikes this month with interest as our return flight home is on April 30…..during the 3rd possible round of strikes...watching "local" news and talking with folks here….nobody knows for sure…

i would be more nervous if i was on a connecting flight to or from CDG ,but clearly the long haul flights were much less impacted….

the "scheduled"second round (if there is one) this weekend will tell a lot…

Keep those good thoughts.

on a lighter note…the weather here has been beyond outstanding, as always the local people have been wonderful….the baguettes beyond description and the beer is still cold.

to us Paris is the most incredible city in the world.

did i mention 53,000 people ran the Paris marathon yesterday? quite a sight!

According to the SNCTA.fr website (traffic controller Union), the next planned strike has been called off as an agreement has been reached. However, as a precaution, the union is not yet cancelling the one planned for April 29-May 2. Just in case there is a glitch.

According to the SNCTA.fr website (traffic controller Union), the next planned strike has been called off as an agreement has been reached. However, as a precaution, the union is not yet cancelling the one planned for April 29-May 2. Just in case there is a glitch.

That is good news. Of course, if you have to be stuck somewhere while they settle their differences, it's better to be stuck in Paris after your trip than at JFK before your trip!!!

That is good news. Of course, if you have to be stuck somewhere while they settle their differences, it's better to be stuck in Paris after your trip than at JFK before your trip!!!

Absolutely! News today is that the two sides are talking about other issues and SNCTA will hold off on further strikes while the talks proceed. We will be in Paris at the end of the month so hope talks continue to go well. One in our party has to be back home by May 2. Seems as if there is always a transportation strike or labor issue going on somewhere in Europe!

Absolutely! News today is that the two sides are talking about other issues and SNCTA will hold off on further strikes while the talks proceed. We will be in Paris at the end of the month so hope talks continue to go well. One in our party has to be back home by May 2. Seems as if there is always a transportation strike or labor issue going on somewhere in Europe!

This is true and the way they strike is really bizarre...we got caught up in the Lufthansa strike coming home from Russia and missed our connecting flight from Frankfurt to NY...they put us up in a hotel, bought us dinner and lunch and we had a free day to tour Frankfurt. One of the many reasons I'm faithful to Lufthansa.

This is true and the way they strike is really bizarre...we got caught up in the Lufthansa strike coming home from Russia and missed our connecting flight from Frankfurt to NY...they put us up in a hotel, bought us dinner and lunch and we had a free day to tour Frankfurt. One of the many reasons I'm faithful to Lufthansa.

We too stressed over LH strikes last year before our Nov. river cruise. I worried about a strike during our trip to PRG but didn't worry at all about flights from BUD. Another day or two there would have been ok with us:) Fortunately no strikes during our travel days. LH does a good job and we enjoyed our flights.....even in coach!

Hi Hydrokitty - We are not leaving for France until June 2nd. Hopefully all will be fixed by then. Doing Vantage's French Waterways. Hopefully good wine during the cruise. Willard

That's a relief....they have reached a tentative agreement, just haven't ratified it yet...here's hoping.....although I haven't seen anything out of JFK being cancelled or delayed and that would have made the local NYC news. We're leaving June 3 on Air Canada for Vancouver and the Trans-Canada Rail trip. I don't know what I was thinking sending us from one snow belt to another!! :D

Have a fabulous time in Gay Paree!! and hoist a glass of vin por moi, s'il vous plais.

We don't have any snow here now and we never have any in June...

Have a nice trip.

That's a relief!!! I've been to Vancouver before and can't wait to return. I love your city....I was talking about Banff and Jasper, which is where we're going after Vancouver. Seeing as son in Colorado had snow yesterday (up to 2' in the American Rockies) I can't help but wonder. :D

News update to further lessen the fears of possible future planned work stoppages...good to know since we fly to Pairs and beyond in one week's time:eek:

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/2015/04/french-strike-threat-april-29may-2-lifted/

I find it interesting to note that I did not see anything about this work stoppage on our TV news stations. Thank goodness for CC to be abreast of the situation.:)

News update to further lessen the fears of possible future planned work stoppages...good to know since we fly to Pairs and beyond in one week's time:eek:

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/2015/04/french-strike-threat-april-29may-2-lifted/

I find it interesting to note that I did not see anything about this work stoppage on our TV news stations. Thank goodness for CC to be abreast of the situation.:)

That is good news!! I had heard a few days ago that an agreement had been reached but was awaiting approval from the pilot's union. Didn't hear anything here in NYC either....which makes me kind of think trans-oceanic flights weren't effected.

Edited by Hydrokitty

Fingers crossed! We leave for Paris in a few days, and it sure would be nice to actually get there!

Regarding Paris' recent spate of excellent weather - it looks like rain is moving in the day we arrive. Drats! :)

We're arriving in Paris on Sunday, so also disappointed in the weather forecast, plus following the air controller situation.

Bon voyage!

Regarding Paris' recent spate of excellent weather - it looks like rain is moving in the day we arrive. Drats! :)

We're arriving in Paris on Sunday, so also disappointed in the weather forecast.....

Well taking a little poetic license with the famous song -

I love Paris in the spring time when it drizzles

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles

You'll all have great fun in spite of any weather. How can you not in Paris! :)

we are sitting in Paris right now on this incredible Sunday afternoon with bright sun, slightly cool for this florida guy but not complaining. i just checked a local reliable France weather forecast …for Paris…sunny and bright skies all next week , high about 15 degrees cel. every day.

so …to change celcius to farenheit ( i know they are not spelled correctly)

double the C. temp and add 30 to it and you have it in Farenheit …so it should be a daily high temp of 60 degrees…

also the baguettes and pastries remain delicious beyond any english word or phrase.

Well taking a little poetic license with the famous song -

I love Paris in the spring time when it drizzles

I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles

You'll all have great fun in spite of any weather. How can you not in Paris! :)

Absolutely true. The afternoon we arrive we hope to walk from the river cruise dock to the Eiffel Tower and will use ship's umbrellas if needed. I think I'd rather have the drizzles than the sizzles.

Absolutely true. The afternoon we arrive we hope to walk from the river cruise dock to the Eiffel Tower and will use ship's umbrellas if needed. I think I'd rather have the drizzles than the sizzles.

You know it!!! and there's something magical about Paris in the rain....as long as it's not a downpour!!