Piano Bar on Magic

We had Tommy G last month (I think that was his name) DH and I usually enjoy the piano bar, but this cruise we really did not. The first night was mediocre, but we did go back again, hoping the first night was just an off night, etc. It just went downhill from there (sang the same songs over and over, and not very well, not much bantering with the crowd, etc and just not a very pleasant person, IMO). The situation was made worse by the server. She was very attentive to single men, engaging them in long animated conversations, to the exclusion of others. Two out of the three times we ordered drinks from her (the second and third time), she got the order wrong (way wrong, not remotely what we ordered, and there were only a few people there at the time -I wondered if she was purposely giving wrong instructions to the guy at the bar in order to give the misordered drinks to her preferred people).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had Tommy G last month (I think that was his name) DH and I usually enjoy the piano bar, but this cruise we really did not. The first night was mediocre, but we did go back again, hoping the first night was just an off night, etc. It just went downhill from there (sang the same songs over and over, and not very well, not much bantering with the crowd, etc and just not a very pleasant person, IMO). The situation was made worse by the server. She was very attentive to single men, engaging them in long animated conversations, to the exclusion of others. Two out of the three times we ordered drinks from her (the second and third time), she got the order wrong (way wrong, not remotely what we ordered, and there were only a few people there at the time -I wondered if she was purposely giving wrong instructions to the guy at the bar in order to give the misordered drinks to her preferred people).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow bummer...hope the piano guy and server have been replaced (wishful thinking). See you on board Time2CruiseAgain we are on the same sailing.

Cheers and happy cruising!

The guy in there on the April 30 - May 7 cruse was pretty bad. He could play the piano pretty well but couldnt carry a tune in a bucket as far as his singing goes. About 10 minutes was all I could take. The Piano bar was deserted most nights

We're also on the Magic, but we don't sail until Sept 24.

Our PBE will be Elizabeth Setzer. She has numerous You-Tube videos, and seems to be extremely talented as both a pianist and singer.

Here's the schedule that I found for the Magic:

Magic: Tom Grable 4/30/2016 - 8/20/2016

Magic: John Milligan 8/20/2016 - 9/17/2016

Magic: Elizabeth Setzer 9/17/2016 - 12/10/2016

Magic: "Piano Bar Bob" Berhalter 12/10/2016 - 2/4/2017

I hope you enjoy your cruise~!

Unfortunately I have to agree with some of the comments above. We were on the 7/23 sailing last month. The piano player is HORRIBLE. We went there and one of the guests had a little bit too much to drink the first night. She came around the bar, into the piano area. Rather than calmly ask her to leave, he yelled for security like she was an active shooter. I get it, its not allowed, but he could have handled it much better. Instead, he put his arms across his chest and said "i am not going to play until she is gone".

Then about 20 minutes later, our group gave him a rather large tip along with a list of 4 song request. His response "thanks for the tip, but just yell out your requests, I don't do napkin requests"...seriously?!?!

Needless to say, we only went that one night.

I will disagree with the comment about the Server. She was fantastic, and is located in the Blue Iguana bar during the day. She was always attentive.

Unfortunately I have to agree with some of the comments above. We were on the 7/23 sailing last month. The piano player is HORRIBLE. We went there and one of the guests had a little bit too much to drink the first night. She came around the bar, into the piano area. Rather than calmly ask her to leave, he yelled for security like she was an active shooter. I get it, its not allowed, but he could have handled it much better. Instead, he put his arms across his chest and said "i am not going to play until she is gone".

Then about 20 minutes later, our group gave him a rather large tip along with a list of 4 song request. His response "thanks for the tip, but just yell out your requests, I don't do napkin requests"...seriously?!?!

Needless to say, we only went that one night.

I will disagree with the comment about the Server. She was fantastic, and is located in the Blue Iguana bar during the day. She was always attentive.

Our experience with him on the Conquest was very similar. We are huge piano bar lovers, and totally boycotted after about the 3rd night. We actually met a bunch of new friends who were similarly turned off by him, and we all left and hung out at the Alchemy bar right outside the piano bar the remaining nights. He was a jerk!

Edited by Beach_gal