El Cid La Ceiba Day Pass

nolaguy8

I will be visiting Cozumel in a couple of weeks and don't have anything planned and was wondering if anyone had any experience or insight on the AI El Cid La Ceiba Resort for a Day pass? I will be docking at Puerta Maya and wanted to stay close without paying for a taxi. Thanks in advance!

I have not been there on an excursion, but have walked the property during a visit to Cozumel. It is a nice resort, and is indeed within walking distance. i would suggest you look at pictures (if you have not). The beach is very small, and is bordered by a stone wall. You have to walk down some steps to get in the water. Don't know if this will mater to you. I would not think it a good choice if you have kids.

El Cid used to offer two passes, not sure if this is still the case as it is a couple of years since we have been. Both passes can be purchased on the day in the lobby. One was AI for around $50+ and the other was about $20 to use all facilities including WiFi, with $10 credit towards food and drink. We have done the less expensive one when we have just wanted a few hours off the ship and enjoyed.

When we have wanted full AI, I prefer to go to Park Royal next door. Choice of several pools, couple of snack bars and inside buffet for lunch if you want to escape the heat. Cost used to be less than El Cid for AI but I think it is now also about $50. Again purchase in the lobby on the day, pass available 11-6pm. Very easy day with no transport necessary.

Email hotels directly for current pricing and offers.

Edited by c-leg5

My daughter got married there last spring and we stayed there a week. There is a nice pool, and yes, the beach is not a walk in beach as this is a great place to snorkel so you have to go down the steps. if you take the path to the left of the pool and restaurant there is a very small beach area where you can walk right in the water and there are tables there next to a small waterfall. The food is good and they make really good frozen drinks. It is within walking distance of the pier. There is a new resort right across the street from La Ceiba that I believe has beach access right next door to La Ceiba. Can't remember the name of it, but they might have an AI package also. Hope that helps some.

El Cid used to offer two passes, not sure if this is still the case as it is a couple of years since we have been. Both passes can be purchased on the day in the lobby. One was AI for around $50+ and the other was about $20 to use all facilities including WiFi, with $10 credit towards food and drink. We have done the less expensive one when we have just wanted a few hours off the ship and enjoyed.

When we have wanted full AI, I prefer to go to Park Royal next door. Choice of several pools, couple of snack bars and inside buffet for lunch if you want to escape the heat. Cost used to be less than El Cid for AI but I think it is now also about $50. Again purchase in the lobby on the day, pass available 11-6pm. Very easy day with no transport necessary.

Email hotels directly for current pricing and offers.

I have looked into Park Royal and it looks better then El Cid. I am a sucker for a swim up bar [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Very poor and rocky beach area.

All depends on what you are looking for from your day. It has already been stated that the beach is small and there are several google images which show the resort but it can serve a purpose for those that don't want to take transport, or want somewhere close for a few hours.

Edited by c-leg5

We are also stuck with the indecision on el Cid.

We have done Mr. Sanchos many times before and we loved it, but this time it will be 12 of us and we want to avoid the high cost of a taxi.

But with El Cid we have concerns of the small rocky Beach area because most of the people in my party will be seniors or kids.

Also does anyone know if el cid is only buffet? Or can you order off a menu as well?

We are also stuck with the indecision on el Cid.

We have done Mr. Sanchos many times before and we loved it, but this time it will be 12 of us and we want to avoid the high cost of a taxi.

But with El Cid we have concerns of the small rocky Beach area because most of the people in my party will be seniors or kids.

Also does anyone know if el cid is only buffet? Or can you order off a menu as well?

I think it is buffet if you go with the AI. Otherwise you can order from menu, although last time they tried to get us to take buffet.

Have you looked at Park Royal if you want to do AI? They have a nice buffet inside, or snack bars at a few locations. Unfortunately, no food or drinks until 11am which doesn't always work with port hours but you can access earlier.

Depending on age of children they have a small kiddie pool as well as a couple of pools on the ocean side and a large free form on the hotel side of the road. Tunnel under road from one side to the other within grounds. The beach is not large but larger than El Cid.

There are no natural walk-in beaches until you get a few miles south of the cruise ship dock at Puerta Maya.

If you want a walk-in sandy beach, look at one of the resorts south end of the island, or the other side of the island.

We have stayed at the LaCeiba hotel back about 10 years ago, for a week when we were on a scuba vacation. The beachfront area (raised beach with a sea wall) is very nice, and there is a small snorkel area. Nothing more out there.

If you just want to sit under a palm tree, it is nice... and walking distance just north of your pier.