Port Douglas Excursion

davoni

Recently cruised to Port Douglas and we did a 90 min river cruise with Waterbird Cruises.

The boat has an electric motor and is whisper quiet.

Cost is $35.00 and includes bubbly, wine or beer beverages. It takes maximum of 8 passengers and we had a lovely time and saw some crocodiles as well as birdlife. Promised the new husband and wife operators I would mention the tour and I thoroughly recommend it. Great value.

You can book at the Marina where the ship tenders drop you off.

Edited by davoni

Recently cruised to Port Douglas and we did a 90 min river cruise with Waterbird Cruises.

The boat has an electric motor and is whisper quiet.

Cost is $35.00 and includes bubbly, wine or beer beverages. It takes maximum of 8 passengers and we had a lovely time and saw some crocodiles as well as birdlife. Promised the new husband and wife operators I would mention the tour and I thoroughly recommend it. Great value.

You can book at the Marina where the ship tenders drop you off.

thank you for that and i have booked marked it

did they get busy with the people off the ship

thank you for that and i have booked marked it

did they get busy with the people off the ship

We did the first tour at 10.30am with Brad and his wife was at the Marina taking further bookings as they do a tour every 2 hours, so not sure how busy.

Brad did say he will go out with only 2 passengers but I think he probably had no trouble getting 8 at a time on cruise days.

We had no trouble when we went ashore at PD. Tour operators were set up at the Marina and there were also tour offices inside the Mall. We booked a 4 hour tour for 10.30 and were back for a walk around the town at 2.30. They said they just keep adding extra vans as the numbers dictate. We did Mossman, Daintree River Cruise and the Mossman gorge.

I can recommend the tours by Reef Sprinter. They use high-speed jet boats so the trip to the reef is much faster than on catamarans. There is also a small group of people in each boat. They offer trips to the reef off the Low Isles and also trips to the outer Reef. They have an shop/office in the mall at the Port Douglas Marina.