Missed the ship

irnbru

On Vision Of The Seas..Passengers missed the ship in Santorini yesterday. Let's hope they catch up today while docked in Katakalon.

Please be aware of the cable car queues returning to the ship.

The captain did wait a while and moved off very slowly giving plenty of chance for a render to catch us.

...according to some Celebrity guests who were in port of Santorini on same day as us (Jewel) last week. We got chatting to them in the next port (Naples). They said several passengers came running up to the dock just after the last tender had left. Again this tender was about half an hour after the latest on board time. Apparently the queue to come down in the cable car was two hours long - we decided to take the steps which as I am not very fit took around 40 minutes. This is why I always take our passports off ship with us!

...according to some Celebrity guests who were in port of Santorini on same day as us (Jewel) last week. We got chatting to them in the next port (Naples). They said several passengers came running up to the dock just after the last tender had left. Again this tender was about half an hour after the latest on board time. Apparently the queue to come down in the cable car was two hours long - we decided to take the steps which as I am not very fit took around 40 minutes. This is why I always take our passports off ship with us!

Queues where horrendous the day the jewel was is last week. But I don't think we left anyone behind. However, on one of our trips in Sicily our bus did leave 2 people behind (waitdr 35 mins for them). They must have got a taxi to the ship as I believe all were on board in time for sail away.

We have heard they have rejoined today.

Would love to hear their story of what happened and how they travelled to rejoin the ship and at what time spender etc.

Feel sorry for them but hopefully a warning to others.

As much as I loved Santorini - it's such a nightmare with the cable car!

I am still thankful that we had the ability to walk down the path. Not a great walk down, too- we saw a few people fall- without the help of the donkeys.