Doing Orlando pre-FLL Cruise

JohnS43

I haven't been to Florida in 15 years or more, so I figured it was time to do the theme park thing again. So I have a cruise departing from Ft. Lauderdale; my plan is to fly into FLL (coming from Calif.) about six or seven days before the cruise, renting a car, driving directly to Orlando, then returning the car to the airport as early as possible on the morning of the cruise. I know it's around a three-hour drive between the two locations, so this should be do-able, right? (The cruise ends in California, so I don't have any issues on that end.)

Either go with your plan or fly into Orlando, rent a car, enjoy the theme parks, and drop the car at FLL - usually no drop fees for one-way rentals within FLA (but you may not qualify for the lowest rate).

Enjoy your cruise!

Edited by JohninDC

We did this in 2015 without issue and will be doing it again in 2017. It's an easy drive down the Florida Turnpike and easy to drop off your car at FLL. What we typically do is drop off the car the night before the cruise to the airport and taxi back to our hotel near the cruise port. Then arrange for private shuttle to the cruise port in the morning. Works like a charm!