Parking at pier for the Gem

violet anna

Short answer is no - during the peak summer months & maybe into Sept with the extra Canada/New England sailings, maybe.

It seemed lately, GEM will dock at Pier 88 unless there's a mega-ship like its sister, BA there on the same day - then, it's bumped to Pier 90. Plentiful rooftop parking - and if it's full, they will open up the lot at the next pier (and, more over Pier 92)

The discount GEM parking is apparently still being honored - I checked the other day, rates unchanged (yet) and same as 2016. This would reduce $40 daily to just $30 with a maximum cap. Print & bring along and present to cashier as you will pay first before parking yours - let us know if there's any problem with the offer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/MCT%20Pier%2090%20related/MCT_parking-Gem-to-October-2015.pdf

Enjoy your cruise - we will sail the GEM ourselves a few weeks after you.

Thank you mking8288 for the info. I had found a coupon for 25 percent off a Gem 10 day summer sailing. Will print off the one you sent as well as this one. Hope one of them works. We always take the train from Pa to the city. But with the Breakaway docking with us on the same day, we were worried we might have a longer wait for a taxi. Have a great cruise!!

We will be sailing on Norwegian Gem on March 9th and called NCL about the promo parking rate. They have no clue. I said to them that if only applies on Gem sailings, then surely NCL must be subsidizing the parking. No clue.

I would like to hear from someone who recently sailed on the Gem and whether the promotion is still on. We will be arriving 2 days earlier and I would park the van for the full stay.

Thanks.

Tony

We will be sailing on Norwegian Gem on March 9th and called NCL about the promo parking rate. They have no clue. I said to them that if only applies on Gem sailings, then surely NCL must be subsidizing the parking. No clue.

I would like to hear from someone who recently sailed on the Gem and whether the promotion is still on. We will be arriving 2 days earlier and I would park the van for the full stay.

Thanks.

Tony

My understanding is that you can park at the Manhattan cruiseport only for the duration of the cruise. You will have to find someplace else to park your car for the other two days.

Posters have indicated that the 25% off coupon is still good for the duration of a Gem cruise.

Thanks.

Tony

NCL does not own the parking lot, has nothing to do with the coupon. It is only open in days when ships are arriving/leaving. You will have to find alternate parking for those other days.

Short answer is no - during the peak summer months & maybe into Sept with the extra Canada/New England sailings, maybe.

It seemed lately, GEM will dock at Pier 88 unless there's a mega-ship like its sister, BA there on the same day - then, it's bumped to Pier 90. Plentiful rooftop parking - and if it's full, they will open up the lot at the next pier (and, more over Pier 92)

The discount GEM parking is apparently still being honored - I checked the other day, rates unchanged (yet) and same as 2016. This would reduce $40 daily to just $30 with a maximum cap. Print & bring along and present to cashier as you will pay first before parking yours - let us know if there's any problem with the offer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/MCT%20Pier%2090%20related/MCT_parking-Gem-to-October-2015.pdf

Enjoy your cruise - we will sail the GEM ourselves a few weeks after you.

Hi,

The coupon you have linked here is for the Gem 7 day cruise and sometimes the parking attendant is a stickler for that detail.....

Here is a CC post that has the coupon with no expiration date and no cruise length requirement:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51758172&postcount=4

Hi, the coupon you have linked here is for the Gem 7 day cruise and sometimes the parking attendant is a stickler for that detail.....

Here is a CC post that has the coupon with no expiration date and no cruise length requirement:http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51758172&postcount=4

Thanks, ESM ... Good catch. Posted the older PDF, I also have the newer/current one still being honored (up thru last GEM sailing) - I just re-checked the NYCT parking link, 2016's rates still in effect ... so, hopefully - those sailing this weekend on the GEM can make use of it & park there. It's been a "mild" winter here in NYC thus far but looks like Feb. might be a little colder - no blizzard in the forecast :D

Both the BA and the GEM will be docking in NYC, and there's plenty of capacity even if Pier 88 is full, as Pier 90 was barely 50% full when 3 ships were there during one of our past sailing. We leave ours safely parked at the end of our own driveway & just use Dial7 :p

Edited by mking8288

Hi,

The coupon you have linked here is for the Gem 7 day cruise and sometimes the parking attendant is a stickler for that detail.....

Here is a CC post that has the coupon with no expiration date and no cruise length requirement:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=51758172&postcount=4

Thanks so much ESM! We're also going on the Gem on March 9th. This solved my travel dilemma. It's hard to get a ride down on a Thursday morning.

We tried Parkright (I think it was) last time we went a few years ago and it was a pain. This will be much easier.

Thanks.