Buy Internet package before cruise or on-board?

dproujan

Hi David,

The postings I've seen say that onboard they offer a buy 1, get 1 at 50% off discount. Considering that you can share the Internet package as long as only 1 device is logged on at a time, that may not be useful for many people. Part way through the cruise, some have reported that they offer a discounted rate for the remainder of the cruise, as well as prices for one day or one hour of continuous usage. If you purchase in advance, there is a 10% discount. If you are a Captain's Club member, you can get an additional discount on top of that, but you have to call to purchase since the Cruise Planner doesn't apply the Captain's Club discount.

Hi David,

The postings I've seen say that onboard they offer a buy 1, get 1 at 50% off discount. Considering that you can share the Internet package as long as only 1 device is logged on at a time, that may not be useful for many people. Part way through the cruise, some have reported that they offer a discounted rate for the remainder of the cruise, as well as prices for one day or one hour of continuous usage. If you purchase in advance, there is a 10% discount. If you are a Captain's Club member, you can get an additional discount on top of that, but you have to call to purchase since the Cruise Planner doesn't apply the Captain's Club discount.

Thanks for mentioning this! I just got these discounts for an internet package on our cruise next month.

If you buy prior to their drop dead date there is a discount on-line. However, I also found that it is possible that based on your status you can call and possibly get an even better discount, which I did just last night for a future cruise.

25% discount for Select. 30% discount for Elite. 35% discount for Elite+

See link below for Internet package prices, both pre-cruise and onboard.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

The pre-cruise prices you see on the website in your cruise planner include the 10% discount for buying pre-cruise. But as others have stated, if you're a Captain's Club Select, Elite or Elite+ member, your percentage loyalty discount can be applied to these rates, however you have to call to have them applied.