Newer renovations?

pmkn

Can anyone tell me out of the Westerdam and Noordam which one has had the most recent renovations? I chatted with two online agents asking the same question and each contradicted the other so I'm confused.

This will be my first cruise, so I'm not sure if this is a silly question, but is there only one of each ship? I know the Westerdam and Noordam go to Alaska (where I'm going), but there are those two ships in other places traveling around the world at the same time?

This will be my first cruise, so I'm not sure if this is a silly question, but is there only one of each ship? I know the Westerdam and Noordam go to Alaska (where I'm going), but there are those two ships in other places traveling around the world at the same time?

Only one of each. As sail7seas said, Noordam is a newer ship by a few years but Westerdam has just been renovated extensively.

Noordam will go into drydock in May of 2018 and is scheduled to receive many of the enhancements that the Westerdam just received. I would book your Alaska cruise based on date and itinerary availability more than for ship in this particular instance as both should offer a relatively equal quality experience.

Noordam will go into drydock in May of 2018 and is scheduled to receive many of the enhancements that the Westerdam just received. I would book your Alaska cruise based on date and itinerary availability more than for ship in this particular instance as both should offer a relatively equal quality experience.

When in May is she scheduled? The HAL website is showing a full schedule then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She was originally scheduled from May 6th to the 20th presumably at Victoria Shipyard, but I now see 6 & 8 day r/t Vancouver cruises listed for the 6th and 12th, so maybe they are rethinking the drydock. They still show the updated deckplan from May 20th onward with Billboard Onboard, Gallery Bar, etc - which are extensive remodels that can only be done in drydock

There is now a gap in her schedule after arriving in Auckland on February 18th until her next scheduled cruise from Sydney on March 1st (12 days), which while an appropriate length I have rarely heard of work being done on ships in NZ/AU, so a charter from AKL to SYD seems more obvious, especially given the time needed to reposition between the two ports

EDIT UPDATE: The schedule gap in February is a charter. So either no drydock for Noordam in 2018, or they are still sorting dates and may cancel cruises at some point????