Staying At Amerisuites Fll

tacohee12

Good morning, there is a full service grocery store within

walking distance of the hotel (PUBLIX). And the shopping center

it is located in is new and has a liquor store and many other shops

too.

Enjoy your cruise:)

Susan, May I also suggest you visit the brand new TOTAL SPIRITS wine and beer superstore which just opened a few doors away from the Publix on Cordova Road. I have never seen anything like it in my life.

Most of us are aware that AmeriSuites has been bought out by Hyatt and will be starting renovations in April. Please return and write about your stay.

LHC

I must sheepishly admit that I'm not "most of us" apparently...hehe. I had no idea this was happening, but its good to hear. We are staying at the Amerisuites for 1 night pre-cruise in December and are paying about $75 for each room (of 2) - just made our reservation a few days ago - and I'm starting to think that by then we might just have gotten away with a great deal if the renovations are completed :)

Please do let us know how your stay was tacohee12 - can't wait to hear all about it!

We stayed at Amerisuites in January of this year and thought the hotel was good value and very nice. We are cruising again January 2007 but will have to wait until October when Value Trips publish their 2007 pricing to book. Meanwhile we have a booking at Comfort Suites Airport in case after the remodelling the prices become sky high.

Anyone booked Amerisuites through valuetrips.com before? Good or bad experience?

Yes and no...sort of...

I was aware (through a number of boards that discuss 'bidding' on travel) that the Hotwire price for this hotel was almost always more - in some cases *much* more - than the ValueTrips.com price. Since Hotwire has a double-the-difference guarantee (if you find a lower rate for the same room/night within 48 hours of booking), I decided to give it a try.

I located the hotel on the Hotwire site (basically, its the only 2.5 star property with the "suite" icon in the FL Beach area) and it was priced at $98 per night. Made my booking for 2 rooms, 1 night.

Next, over to the ValueTrips.com site and filled out the online res form there (for their $79 rate) - quick and easy, and got a response within 48 hours (as advertised on the site). So, I've now submitted a DTD request to Hotwire and am waiting for their final response (note that you need to actually have a confirmed res though ValueTrips.com so that you can prove to Hotwire that you have received the rate advertised on the VT web site).

While this is a little risky, many others have done the same thing with this property and received the DTD refund. This type of claim is clearly allowed under the Hotwire terms and conditions, so there is no reason I should not receive the refund; however, I will update this post when its resolved.

For us, we're looking at a difference of $19, so double is a refund of $38 per room, making our room rate $60 plus taxes...not bad for December ;)

Yes and no...sort of...

I was aware (through a number of boards that discuss 'bidding' on travel) that the Hotwire price for this hotel was almost always more - in some cases *much* more - than the ValueTrips.com price. Since Hotwire has a double-the-difference guarantee (if you find a lower rate for the same room/night within 48 hours of booking), I decided to give it a try.

I located the hotel on the Hotwire site (basically, its the only 2.5 star property with the "suite" icon in the FL Beach area) and it was priced at $98 per night. Made my booking for 2 rooms, 1 night.

Next, over to the ValueTrips.com site and filled out the online res form there (for their $79 rate) - quick and easy, and got a response within 48 hours (as advertised on the site). So, I've now submitted a DTD request to Hotwire and am waiting for their final response (note that you need to actually have a confirmed res though ValueTrips.com so that you can prove to Hotwire that you have received the rate advertised on the VT web site).

While this is a little risky, many others have done the same thing with this property and received the DTD refund. This type of claim is clearly allowed under the Hotwire terms and conditions, so there is no reason I should not receive the refund; however, I will update this post when its resolved.

For us, we're looking at a difference of $19, so double is a refund of $38 per room, making our room rate $60 plus taxes...not bad for December ;)

Very interesting. Do I have to buy at Hotwire firest to pull this off? Does valuestrips 2-day processing time include weekend?

Thank you for the tip.

Very interesting. Do I have to buy at Hotwire firest to pull this off? Does valuestrips 2-day processing time include weekend?

Thank you for the tip.

Yes, as I understand it, you would have to make your purchase through Hotwire first (which for those who haven't used it, is totally non-refundable), then book through ValueTrips.com - I belive its 2 business days, and since you need to make your DTD claim with Hotwire within 48 hours, you'd be best to undertake your bookings during the week...

However...

I did sent my request to Hotwire within 48 hours, but by the time they responded asking me to provide a fax of my booking confirmation email from ValueTrips they still gave me an additional 48 hours to provide the information...so in effect, it was really about 4 days later that I sent the fax.

I should also mention that this is a viable option because ValueTrips allows you to cancel your booking up to 24 hours before you arrive - although you do need to provide a credit card, it is not charged to immediately, as it is through Hotwire.

Hi, Amerisuites is not on Las Olas Blvd. The only hotel directly

on the Blvd is "The Riverside" which is probably not the type of

hotel listed on Hotwire.

If I misread the postings, I apologize. But Amerisuites is on 10th,

right off of 17th Street. (near the port and many restaurants too!)

Hi, Amerisuites is not on Las Olas Blvd. The only hotel directly

on the Blvd is "The Riverside" which is probably not the type of

hotel listed on Hotwire.

If I misread the postings, I apologize. But Amerisuites is on 10th,

right off of 17th Street. (near the port and many restaurants too!)

Sorry I was not clear. When I worte I found it in "Las Olas - DT Fll", I meant the zone "LO - DT Fll" at hotwire.com. Thank you again.

Sorry I was not clear. When I worte I found it in "Las Olas - DT Fll", I meant the zone "LO - DT Fll" at hotwire.com. Thank you again.

My apologies - bargainshopper, you are absolutely right...got my searches messed up!

To be clear...if you are searching Hotwire for Amerisuites, it is in the LAS OLAS-DOWNTOWN area, not FLL BEACH area. You can idenitfy it by the following - 2.5 stars, red "S" suite icon, and usually comes up as "customer favourite".

Thanks for pointing that out - wouldn't want anyone to end up with a res at the wrong property!

We just sailed out of Ft Lauderdale in Feb and stayed at AmeriSuites. We found the hotel to be clean, our room was ready as promised even before checkin time, and we were promptly picked up at the airport upon arrival. We would definately stay there again. We paid $99 with Valutrips. We did not use the free shuttle to the cruise pier. It was too much of a zoo in the lobby the day we were leaving so we grabbed a cab right outside the door and for a total of $8, we were in the cruise ship boarding area within 10 minutes. AmeriSuites is close to lots of stores, shops, eating establishments and the sea port. Great location and easy walking distance to all the above.

Yes it is a hot wire and price line available hotel.. Happy birthday Lois.. Happy Sailing Alsas

alsas, Thank you for the birthday wishes:)

Just wanted to post an update...

I just received confirmation from Hotwire that my "Double-the-Difference Guarantee" request has been processed and I will be receiving a $76 credit ($38 for each room booked).

Basically all I had to do was fill our the DTD form on the Hotwire site and then fax in my email confirmation from ValueTrips.com when they requested it.

I can't see why they wouldn't continue to honour the DTD guarantee on this property, unless tons of people figure it out...

We stayed there last October, but we got in late and walked to the mexican restaurant for a snack before they closed. It was very dark and we didn't venture far as we didn't know the area.

We'll be staying there again this October and I'd like to know what other restaurants are within walking distance.

We stayed there last October, but we got in late and walked to the mexican restaurant for a snack before they closed. It was very dark and we didn't venture far as we didn't know the area.

We'll be staying there again this October and I'd like to know what other restaurants are within walking distance.

Check out TrentS's post (#4) at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=276536

Anyone booked Amerisuites through valuetrips.com before? Good or bad experience?

I booked thru valuetrips on the advice from someone on this board.

We are getting a great rate ( I think!) of $59.00 per night.

Archived