Staying At Amerisuites Fll

tacohee12

Guest ettersja

There were 17 of us that stayed at the Amerisuites in December and will never stay again. My husband and I were down in Florida a month earlier and we even went to check the hotel out, people were real pleasent thought we got a great deal through value trips. A few of our rooms smelled, our toilet didn't work and they never got up to fix it. Breakfast was a mad house, no where to sit,we had to stand, they ran out of coffee twice and also a lot of the food. It was just so caotic. They wouldn't even take anything off our bill for the broken toilet. Took shuttle to port and they left our garmet bag on board, called the hotel and couldn't get any help so my husband had to find his way back to the hotel and track down the bus.

Just beware...

I booked thru valuetrips on the advice from someone on this board.

We are getting a great rate ( I think!) of $59.00 per night.

How did you finfd that price - the best they show on their website is $69 in the off season - May thru September.

Ron

I first booked AmeriSuites on line. Regular price was $225.00 but with AARP I was ONLY paying $180.00. After reading these helpful boards I booked through Value Trips for the much reduced price of $99.00! Thanks every one for your help!

We stayed there Mar. 12 - 2nd floor (218, I think). Hotel was fine, lots to eat for b'fast, fast shuttle, etc.

On Sat. & Sun. when they are full of cruisers, it can be hectic - we were there on a Mon. Of course, there is no excuse for a broken toilet or lost luggage.

It will be remodeled, starting next month, and be a Hyatt brand hotel.

It will be better but probably more $$

I can't believe someone would pay 225.00 for the Amerisuites! We stayed there in Jan. through value trips...The room itself was ok...clean..The location was great because I forgot a lot of bathroom items and the grocery store was right around the corner. Restaurants close by..the mexican food imo next door was horrible. The tortillas were the best, but food wasn't mexican food..not sure what you'd call it.

But the people were great there. After we got our luggage, there's phone right there...u call them and tell them you' need to be picked up. We walked out the door and up a little ways and they were there...

Next morning, first come first serve. We left about 10:00 am...one couple iin front of us..so we got right on...

I'd stay there again for that price.

I know the area is good..look for 17th st. area ones..

We're going in Sep. so we might use them again..

I booked them thru Valuetrips for July 28th for $69.00.

I'll let you know how it pans out.

Most of the reviews I have seen have been positive,considering the 'budget' price.

Since we won't arrive at the airport until about 4pm,by the time we shuttle over to hotel,settle in and decide what to do for the evening I didn't feel it was worth paying for a resort experience for just one night.

Hope I'm right.

:)

How did you finfd that price - the best they show on their website is $69 in the off season - May thru September.

Ron

Went on Valuetrips....booked...got receipt for $59.00... That's all I can tell you! lol

But...I did notice that when I went there to book Oralndo hotels later on..the prices were still 2005, but have now been changed, so I think that when I booked the Amersuites, maybe they hadnt updated yet.

I tend not to ask questions if I get the better deal! lol

I've got two reserv. for 5/12 - one at Amerisuites for $69 thru valuetrips and the other at HIEX on 17th for $129. I just keep reading the reviews and will cancel one the week before. Just can't decide if HI is worth the extra $ for the one night. I do like the location of both for precruise.

Question for those of you that have reserved Amerisuites through Valuetrips for stays after April. Since the Hyatt is taking over Amerisuites as of April are they honoring reservations made through Valuetrips? I'd like to drop my post cruise reservation at Extended Stay for $99 on May 3 for a $69 room at Amerisuites but I'm a little nervous with the new management. Have you double checked with the hotel after you got your confirmation from Valuetrips?

Thank you

Debr

Question for those of you that have reserved Amerisuites through Valuetrips for stays after April. Since the Hyatt is taking over Amerisuites as of April are they honoring reservations made through Valuetrips? I'd like to drop my post cruise reservation at Extended Stay for $99 on May 3 for a $69 room at Amerisuites but I'm a little nervous with the new management. Have you double checked with the hotel after you got your confirmation from Valuetrips?

Thank you

Debr

Thank you

Debr

I made a resrevation through valuetrips for one night in Oct 2006. I called the hotel and they verified my date and rate. The agent offers to fax my resrevation info to me but I don't have a fax machine handy.

If you are have any concerns, call them and ask them to fax your reservation to you.

Thank you

Debr

I booked mine quite some time ago ( 6 wks ) and have checked on it 2 x, plus printed out my reciept and confirmation for extra protection ;)

We are at the Amerisuites right now. Checked in yesterday. Rooms are clean, pool ok, no complaints. Actually checked in early yesterday, no problems. Everyone is very friendly, I am pleasantly impressed. Breakfast is awesome! Only minus is mattress, but can live with it!

dudiert - Thanks for letting us know the current condition of Amerisuites. It seems like it will be fine for a one night pre-cruise.

I decided to check online with my conf. # thru valuetrips and it showed no reservation with that #. So I called the hotel directly and they had the record and the conf. #. I don't know why it didn't come up on the Amerisuites site.

I canceled Amerisuites because of all the negative reviews it was receiving. I booked with La Quinta, and they were great. However, the last few reviews of Amerisuites have been positive, but we were not willing to take the chance.

Can the Amerisuites hotel hold 5 people? How are the rooms arranged? Are there 2 doubles and then a sofa pullout?? I couldn't really tell from the pictures on the website. And is this the type of room I would received on Valuetrips? Right now I am paying $160 for Embassy Suites but would rather pay the $69!!

Maggie

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I went ahead and made a reservation for Amerisuites for $69. In my confirmation it says this:

"You have requested two double beds with sleeper sofa in a non-smoking suite."

So, I am assuming it will hold the 5 of us!

I still have my Embassy Suites reservation as a back up. I will cancel one the week prior after I hear the latest reviews.

Maggie

Our room booked through Value Trips was two double beds and a sofa - not sure if sofa pulled out into a bed. As I said before, the mattress wasn't real comfortable, but everything else was great. Could easily sleep 5 people.

Archived