Live From The 6/12 Diamond - We Are In Cruise Heaven

shellyc

We are live from the Diamond. We just had our scond breakfast after taking a pilates class. It is 11:20ADT. We have adjusted well to the time change having flown from the East Coast on Friday.

Good News, we had been upgraded from an AD to an AA to a PH. We are in a penthouse suite on Deck 10 C408. We are in cruise heaven. Our cabin steward is not very talkative, but we have been well taken care of.

Steve: We did say hello to Edita (sp?)this am in the Horizon Court.

The seas were very rough on Saturday night and all day Sunday. Lots of folks were sick. We were ok. Started poping the pills in the AM. We were fine the rest of the day.

We are going to be 1 1/2 hours late docking into Juneau today. If you booked tours with the cruise line, you are safe, they will adjust all the tour departing times. We are going on the Gold Mine Tour.

I will try and check back later on today. Looking forward to getting on land for a few hours.]

Michele & Milton

(We are In Cruise Heaven)

Milton & Michele - NJ

When did you receive your upgrades? At the pier? I just read a review from last week that stated due to the Damage on the Diamond, do not expect to dock in Victoria or go into Tracy Arm. Have you heard anything like that? We cruise in 2 weeks, and my husband is going to be really disappointed if Tracys Arm is not a go. Have Fun!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shellyc:

We are live from the Diamond. We just had our scond breakfast after taking a pilates class. It is 11:20ADT. We have adjusted well to the time change having flown from the East Coast on Friday.

Good News, we had been upgraded from an AD to an AA to a PH. We are in a penthouse suite on Deck 10 C408. We are in cruise heaven. Our cabin steward is not very talkative, but we have been well taken care of.

Steve: We did say hello to Edita (sp?)this am in the Horizon Court.

Her name is Aneta Gleba from Poland, she is 20's blond, tall and trim, bubbly personality and had been in the International as recent as the 29th of May.

The seas were very rough on Saturday night and all day Sunday. Lots of folks were sick. We were ok. Started poping the pills in the AM. We were fine the rest of the day.

We are going to be 1 1/2 hours late docking into Juneau today. If you booked tours with the cruise line, you are safe, they will adjust all the tour departing times. We are going on the Gold Mine Tour.

I will try and check back later on today. Looking forward to getting on land for a few hours.]

Michele & Milton

(We are In Cruise Heaven)

Milton & Michele - NJ

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Michele & Milton,

Congrats on the fabulous upgrade!!

There is a post from DP 6/5 that said it was very rough 1st nite & day, and also on Thurs -- hope yours isn't. Victoria & Tracey Arm were "no go"s for 6/5 also, again hope you are better. You have the PH to take away your blues, anyway.

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001

Grand Princess, Western,April 2002

Regal to Hawaii, April 5-20, 2004

Caribbean Princess, Eastern, Nov 13-20, 2004

We are still planned for Tracy Arm and for Victoria. We are still docked in Juneau and will be leaving 9:30PM Alaska time.

DH has been sleeping alot, but I have been giving him dramamine...Tomorrow we planned a helicopter glacier landing at the dog sled camp. I just came from the Libby Riddles talk on dog sledding. She is an amazing women. She won the race almost 20 years ago. She gave a wonderful slide/film presentation.

Milton & Michele - NJ

Shellyc,

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Hope your trip goes as well as ours did on 5/29-6/5. We made all the ports and they were great. We had swome very, very rough seas on both Sunday and Thursday nights. We were also upgraded to full suite. We took huge advantage of the free laundry and dry cleaning and had all our wrinkled items pressed. Everything was returned the same day if in by 9 AM.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and keep us posted,

Lynda

The dog sled camp, helicopter tour was amazing. We had never flown in a helicopter before. We were given life vests, boots and were given sun glasses if we didn't bring our own. I sat in the front seat next to the pilot. The camp is acutally in the middle of a glacier. Everyone there for the 3 1/2 month duration sleeps in tents, even the dogs. We were given a private musher with his team of eight dogs. The driver and DH were in the front sled, and I drove the second sled. We must have been on the sled for 1/2 an hour. It was too bright to see my digital camera screen (even with the adapter), so I used my trusty kodak throw away along with just shooting blindly with the digital. You could interact with all the dogs, and we were shown the puppy pen. There was only one pup born so far.

The flight was great, we did some dips and turns and flying back to the docks and seeing the four ships in port was a sight to see.

As you can tell, we are having a great time.

Skagway shops were crowded since there were so many ships in port, but they had plenty of stuff for everyone.

Today is a sea day and we will be viewing Tracy Arm Glacier.

Michele

Milton & Michele - NJ

shellyc - just wondering what the women are wearing in the dining room? There is so much information on the boards and everyone has a different opinion. I'm cruising for the first time July 18th and it's a work function for my husband. I don't want to make him look bad in front of the boys from the office.

Are women wearing sleeveless? Capris? How casual are the non-formal nights? I'm trying to lighten my suitcases so any advice would be appreciated! Kim

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;07;18;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Alaska Bound on the Sapphire Princess

shellyc - here is a different kind of question for you. Do you know what kind (brand) of bottled water is in the cabins? Strange, huh 4_12_4.gif Somebody at work asked me that so I said I would check.

We were on the Sapphire Saturday when we sailed along side of the Diamond. That was so cool!

Thanks for your help.

NCL SEA 6/19

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;6;19;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

15_12_9.gif

Libby Riddles was on the ship and gave a lecture. The regulars at the mush camp gave me the impression that she is getting a lot of money and endorsements for her one and only win almost 20 years ago. I was still impressed to meet her and get my picture taken with her.

In the evening most women wear dresses, pant suits and I have seen dressier capri sets. In the Horizon Court Buffet you can wear most anything except bathing suits.

DH brought a suit for formal nights, but wore it with an open collar, no tie. Tonight is formal night with lobster being served, I will wear my formal black/gold long skirt set since I have not worn it yet. DH will still wear a dress shirt/open collar and a jacket. Most men wore suits on formal night, very few tuxedos, but the women sure get dressed up.

I don't remember the bottled water brand served on ship.

Food has been good, we have eaten in 3 of the 4 personal choice rooms, and will eat in Vivaldi (Italian) tonight.

The weather has been very good, no rain for 4 days.

Michele

Milton & Michele - NJ

Do consider it Nita, you have a good chance of running into us on her.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

One MORE open Booking(s).

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Sapphire Princess 09/04

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Just a quickie - we had fantastic weather in Tracy Arm yesterday and again today in Ketchican.

MY dog sled tour got cancelled by Southeast due to weather - I wonder how Shelly's was able to go? We did the icefield excursion instead and loved it. Then whale watching with Captain Larry - awesome!

We have also seen a number of whales from the balcony.

Skagway Hike and Float tour was again, great, and the drive up the Yukon Highway to Emerald Lake is not to be missed (we rented a car and drove there on our own).

Tracy Arm was 4 1/2 hours of AWE!!!

In Ketchican we kayaked in Orca's Cove (didn't see any but had fun) then did a floatplane tour of the Mist Fiords and just made it back to the ship in time.

We'll celebrate our anniversary (it's today) with dinner at Sabatini's in a couple of hours.

Tonight - we sleep! icon_biggrin.gif

I'll check back when/if I have time.

Carnival Holiday 10/94

Carnival Sensation 10/95

Carnival Destiny 1/97

Carnival Fascination 1/98

Carnival Tropicale 9/98

Carnival Destiny 10/00

Carnival Triumph 10/01

Disney Wonder 12/01

Carnival Destiny11/02

Princess Diamond Princess 6/04

Carnival Miracle 11/04

augiegator@att.net

Augie and Michele,

It's great to hear that you're having a great time on the Diamond and it's definitely easy to believe. Hearing about your trip makes me want to go back! icon_rolleyes.gif Have fun on the rest of your cruise!

Necrosis,

I handed your message to a purser who assured me that he would deliver it to Bruce.

Calm seas and sunny skies as we head to Victoria.

People are using the pools and spas, which seemed unthinkable at the beginning of this cruise.

My next post will likely be from home early next week. icon_frown.gif

For those of you getting ready to go - have fun!

Carnival Holiday 10/94

Carnival Sensation 10/95

Carnival Destiny 1/97

Carnival Fascination 1/98

Carnival Tropicale 9/98

Carnival Destiny 10/00

Carnival Triumph 10/01

Disney Wonder 12/01

Carnival Destiny11/02

Princess Diamond Princess 6/04

Carnival Miracle 11/04

augiegator@att.net

shelleyc

How can you be having such a good time - haven't you read some of the reviews and criticisms on the May sailings of the Diamond?? You should not be enjoying yourself so much - suffer some as these people did. Read the recent review on cruise-addicts.com

Ron

NCL PRIDE OF ALOHA Oct. 2004

SUN PRINCESS 2004 Caribbean

REGAL PRINCESS 2003 Europe

GOLDEN PRINCESS 2002 Canada New England

SUN PRINCESS 2002 Panama Canal

SUN PRINCESS 2002 Mexico

DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean

DAWN PRINCESS 2001 Caribbean

SEA PRINCESS 2001 Alaska

REGAL PRINCESS 2000 Mexico

REGAL PRINCESS 1999 Panama Canal